IGNORED

Season ticket prices 2016/2017

Snufflelufagus

1 hour ago, WTMS said:

Away fans will remain in the Atyeo, as will a section of City fans. It is the obvious solution. A very obvious one which will not inconvenience fans in other stands. Any other option would HAVE to inconvenience fellow fans / probably cause resentment.

The Atyeo could still be connected in a flexible form to the Dolman. That would be an attraction to fans in the Dolman if the pub becomes a reality. The facilities in the Dolman concourse fail to impress quite a few.

Moving the Ateyo home supporters to the top tier of a new stand, which presently does not exist in a usable form, let alone have seats occupied by others, inconveniences no other home supporters.  Would it be popular with the Ateyo supporters?  Probably not.

1 minute ago, Kingcider said:

Without the fans in the Ateyo the atmosphere would be dead ! The club has messed up by not planning ahead when the new build was designed.

Move into the South stand, there will be loads of room. The fans left in there have only had 1 season there so would happily move blocks to accommodate those moving from the Atyeo.

It's a no brainer for me and a very poor decision by the club.

Swathes of empty seats in the home stands while certain away teams are asking for more and we can't provide them? Recipe for problems IMHO.

2 minutes ago, ciderup said:

Move into the South stand, there will be loads of room. The fans left in there have only had 1 season there so would happily move blocks to accommodate those moving from the Atyeo.

Swathes of empty seats in the home stands while certain away teams are asking for more and we can't provide them? Recipe for problems IMHO.

On the flip side, the "family section" is now in the South Stand, and is being extended for next season.  I think quite a few parents would be rightly upset if the unreserved section was moved next to them, and their kids ended up hearing some of the more "colourful" language that can emanate from where the Atyeo is now.  Those that choose to sit in the Atyeo now with their kids do so in the knowledge that they may end up learning some new words that they can use at football, but it's not everyone's cup of tea and the club would be on the receiving end of a large amount of complaints I expect.

2 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

On the flip side, the "family section" is now in the South Stand, and is being extended for next season.  I think quite a few parents would be rightly upset if the unreserved section was moved next to them, and their kids ended up hearing some of the more "colourful" language that can emanate from where the Atyeo is now.  Those that choose to sit in the Atyeo now with their kids do so in the knowledge that they may end up learning some new words that they can use at football, but it's not everyone's cup of tea and the club would be on the receiving end of a large amount of complaints I expect.

Hardly expect families would object to where they sit in the stadium if they are together so could easily have been moved to a different area.

2 minutes ago, ciderup said:

Can you quantify that?

What research have you done?

Would it be acceptable to BCFC - Bristol Sport - Safety authorities? The answer was a no.

What support would your idea have within the Atyeo?

You do have the opportunity to lead whatever it is you think is achievable yourself. There is a lot of "we should, move there ..." on these threads, but a lack of people to take "We Should" to " I WILL".

Those staying in the Atyeo will be doing so because they have done their research, they do have support and they can turn "We Should" into hundreds following them.

3 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

You think it's better for some potentially drunken away fan to be sat next to them instead?

It's down to parents to clarify about language and always has been. As my dad said to me in the 70's, 'you'll hear bad words son, just don't repeat them'. Sorted! It was a lot worse then too.

Pandering to the minority and sod the majority. We have 3 adjoined stands with 23,000 seats and one detatched stand. The Atyeo should be given over to away supporters, it's obvious!

6 minutes ago, Kingcider said:

They may be happy to move,but that is an assumption.

I thought the club had said no standing in the South Stand ? 

The whole situation with standing nationwide is ridiculous,different clubs have different rules,some lenient,some not.

Safe standing needs to be introduced a.s.a.p

Like the 'no standing' rule at Wembley yesterday when the vast majority of the crowd were stood up? 

Standing is actually illegal in the Atyeo as well by the way but the club overlook it. It's illegal in any seated area.

Are all the SC and T board in the Atyeo out of interest? I cannot and will not accept that this is the best answer when we have the stadium we will have in the summer. It's an appalling decision!

1 minute ago, Bullbag said:

If these home fans insist on staying in the Atyeo, then for me, the only option on where to put away fans is in the upper tier of the west stand.

At least then we can 'cash in' on large away followings and give them 3-4000 or whatever it holds.

Split the brand new concourse? No chance Bullbag.

It's like saying we / the old EE'ers should have 'insisted' on staying there when the club wanted to knock it down. Just move to the SS and it will sort itself out.

3 minutes ago, Bullbag said:

If these home fans insist on staying in the Atyeo, then for me, the only option on where to put away fans is in the upper tier of the west stand.

At least then we can 'cash in' on large away followings and give them 3-4000 or whatever it holds.

Ive said all along the upper tier of the West stand is the best place for them. 

1 minute ago, Just Red said:

The problem is the Atyeo now becomes an exclusive club. Its not a long term solution in my mind. Thousands will vacate the SS this season. Perfect time to return to our home end. Really really poor decision and one I feel will be regretted in future.

Spot on Sir!

5 minutes ago, ciderup said:

Like the 'no standing' rule at Wembley yesterday when the vast majority of the crowd were stood up? 

Standing is actually illegal in the Atyeo as well by the way but the club overlook it. It's illegal in any seated area.

Are all the SC and T board in the Atyeo out of interest? I cannot and will not accept that this is the best answer when we have the stadium we will have in the summer. It's an appalling decision!

The law states that clubs have to provide seating,it is not illegal to stand !

However it is up to the ground regulations as regards attitudes to persistent standing.

As I said before this should have been planned before a brick was laid !

3 minutes ago, ciderup said:

Split the brand new concourse? No chance Bullbag.

It's like saying we / the old EE'ers should have 'insisted' on staying there when the club wanted to knock it down. Just move to the SS and it will sort itself out.

Not wishing to argue but you are obviously extremely irked by the decision Ciderup if the club are keeping the Atyeo split.  Just interested to know why? What's the issue? Have I missed something? ( I currently sit in the SS by the way so won't really be affected) 

3 minutes ago, bris red said:

Ive said all along the upper tier of the West stand is the best place for them. 

Really? That's probably a worse idea than splitting the Atyeo!

Brand new open concourse? Closed.

Away fans above home fans?

No way in or out?

Capacity lost due to segregation?

Sorry Bris, it's not a good idea.

5 minutes ago, Bullbag said:

Prepare for the concourse to be split up and lots of stewarding in the internal areas of the West stand then, every access to higher parts of the stand will have to be blocked and monitored all the way through the game, food and drink facilities split meaning much larger queues then there would be planned with the top tier shut most games.

What's going to happen if we draw one of the top premier league teams in a cup and they want to bring 3/4000, given its not a league fixture the Atyeo season ticket holders aren't entitled to their seats, will they happily move and sit elsewhere....? Can't see that happening and can see a fuss being kicked up and trying to get the club to accommodate them. Next season clubs will be entitled to around 4000 seats (15% right?)

1 minute ago, lenred said:

Not wishing to argue but you are obviously extremely irked by the decision Ciderup if the club are keeping the Atyeo split.  Just interested to know why? What's the issue? Have I missed something? ( I currently sit in the SS by the way so won't really be affected) 

Not 'irked' as such Lenred just amazed at the decision!

I cannot see why, with the huge swathes of empty seats in the SS next season, the Atyeo fans cannot be accommodated improving the atmosphere in the adjoined stands leaving the Atyeo available to potential away support?

No segregation needed, no loss of capacity, all home fans in the adjoined stands and a more than adequate away number.

What's the problem with that? To me, it's an obvious answer.

Sorry if I appeared irked, I'm just blown away by the clubs choice, absolutely flabbergasted.

9 minutes ago, ciderup said:

I cannot see why, with the huge swathes of empty seats in the SS next season, the Atyeo fans cannot be accommodated improving the atmosphere in the adjoined stands leaving the Atyeo available to potential away support?

No segregation needed, no loss of capacity, all home fans in the adjoined stands and a more than adequate away number.

Sorry if I appeared irked, I'm just blown away by the clubs choice, absolutely flabbergasted.

Nope makes clear sense, in effect for a lot of home games we are turning down potential money by not letting away clubs bring more fans, strikes me as odd given how much the club talks about how much we struggle for money, I'd have thought we'd have taken every opportunity for extra income, more money through tickets, more money spent on food/drink, for what people may say about being silly to allow more away fans for a bigger away atmosphere, how many away clubs really make that much of an intimidating away support/atmosphere when at AG? Not many from what I've seen.

3 minutes ago, Bullbag said:

Fair enough.

This club need to grow so gonads then and just give the whole Atyeo ( which I thought was right all along by the way) to away fans.

I also dont see why the atyeo lot can't be relocated to the first couple of blocks nearest the Atyeo in either the dolman or lower west.

More expensive tickets. 

7 minutes ago, Bullbag said:

But the Atyeo end is traditionally the away end, and should remain that way.

There shouldn't be any home so called 'ultra' fans in there next season.

I completely agree. It also helps with separating fans coming to and from the stadium. On high risk games both gates could be closed to keep away fans held back whilst home fans disperse. Happened to our fans many times over the years.

5 minutes ago, Just Red said:

The problem is the Atyeo now becomes an exclusive club. Its not a long term solution in my mind. Thousands will vacate the SS this season. Perfect time to return to our home end. Really really poor decision and one I feel will be regretted in future.

Which is why the possibility of extending into the Lower Dolman with no safety issues with rakes / would not require moving large sections of fans others  has been mooted. Add a Atyeo Pub accessible to anybody.

The ideal of a traditional home end no longer exists. Using the Atyeo x Dolman could in the longer term create a L shape of more vocal support.

Completely agree Just Red, i don't see why the former eastenders can't be moved to the south east corner of the ground which I believe is where the eastenders originated from? (Don't give me that rake and safe standing BS either)

The families that are currently in that area should move to the west stand and atyeo given to away fans (only 2,700 though) with any overflow to home/away fans permitting.

Was this not the original plan a few years ago when the eastenders moved to the Williams then to the atyeo with the intention of returning 'home'?

7 minutes ago, Bullbag said:

Fair enough.

This club needs to grow some gonads then and just give the whole Atyeo ( which I thought was right all along by the way) to away fans.

I also dont see why the atyeo lot can't be relocated to the first couple of blocks nearest the Atyeo in either the dolman or lower west.

Apart from the highlighted bit, I agree with every word Bullbag!

5 minutes ago, ciderup said:

Cheers bud. It is indeed going to be interesting to see what the dynamics are next season when we have all 4 sides back. Hopefully we are on the way to at least ensuring we are going to be in the Championship, which is the most important part in ensuring an atmosphere next year. 

Tricky situation for the club no doubt trying to keep all parties happy. I think we need to have our most vociferous supporters next to the away support, last year showed that. But whether that's as it is now or in the end blocks of the William/Dolman I don't know. 

2 minutes ago, twodogs said:

we should be looking to increase attendances by increasing home fan numbers not away fans. Not by creating a negative atmosphere for our own team with a massive away following in one stand.

Leave the number of away fans as is. 

Yes lets turn down potential revenue when we can't compete financially in this division as it is..... I highly doubt a bigger away following would badly negatively effect us, you'd get more day trippers for every 'hardcore' fan who came too.

4 minutes ago, hodge said:

Oh no Atyeo fans would have to pay more equal amount to what the rest of the clubs fans pay to watch the same match.

For once and for all,they have never asked for lower prices.

Archived