IGNORED

Season ticket prices 2016/2017

Snufflelufagus

3 minutes ago, hodge said:

Oh no Atyeo fans would have to pay more equal amount to what the rest of the clubs fans pay to watch the same match.

The eastenders got moved to the Ateyo, same price no worries. They have been singing loudly and supporting the club as a large collective for years. They moved, no fuss, hoping they'd go back to their rightful end eventually. Not happening.

So now the only way for them to stay together is for them all too pay more? Not everyone can afford that jump in price and overall this is poor customer service by the club in my opinion. 

Yes it's too late now, it should of been planned in advance, but personally I'd put them in the middle of the south stand, move the family section to the lower Dolman.

Say we reach the promised land, we will have no choice but to move the Atyeo-ers. And next season, we could be left with the Atyeo being full to burst, which itself is great, but at the expense of the rest of the stadium, which IMO won't be as full as some have predicted.

Is it, therefore, the case, that the Atyeo fans are being given preferential treatment at the expense of the rest of the stadium, which already pays a higher price? Given they are in many cases the vocal minority, it would make sense, but it is a genuine question.

If they were to be moved, though, it also calls into question the Atyeo 'pub', which is a really good idea and something you don't see in many new builds. I'm playing devil's advocate to a point as there isn't a simple black-and-white answer, but @ciderup certainly has a point.

2 minutes ago, Selred said:

The eastenders got moved to the Ateyo, same price no worries. They have been singing loudly and supporting the club as a large collective for years. They moved, no fuss, hoping they'd go back to their rightful end eventually. Not happening.

So now the only way for them to stay together is for them all too pay more? Not everyone can afford that jump in price and overall this is poor customer service by the club in my opinion. 

Yes it's too late now, it should of been planned in advance, but personally I'd put them in the middle of the south stand, move the family section to the lower Dolman.

How about everyone with an Ateyo season ticket for this season can get one at the same price for next season only ! (as they are being moved) and ask them where in the ground they would like to go. Giving the singers an opportunity on mass to choose a spot up until a certain date.

The Ateyo for away fans only makes the most sense on many levels but the guys currently in there must be looked after as best as possible.

3 hours ago, Healeyred96 said:

Dolly why can't we give the away fans all of the atyeo

The Atyeo holds over 4,000, far too many to give over to away fans.

I assume we'll be giving 10% - 2,700 - the accepted maximum, and still a far higher percentage than many clubs give for League games.

2 minutes ago, Robin1988 said:

Say we reach the promised land, we will have no choice but to move the Atyeo-ers. And next season, we could be left with the Atyeo being full to burst, which itself is great, but at the expense of the rest of the stadium, which IMO won't be as full as some have predicted.

Is it, therefore, the case, that the Atyeo fans are being given preferential treatment at the expense of the rest of the stadium, which already pays a higher price? Given they are in many cases the vocal minority, it would make sense, but it is a genuine question.

If they were to be moved, though, it also calls into question the Atyeo 'pub', which is a really good idea and something you don't see in many new builds. I'm playing devil's advocate to a point as there isn't a simple black-and-white answer, but @ciderup certainly has a point.

Being moved four times in three seasons is not preferential treatment. 

Fans have been attending consultations regarding this since early 2013 with seemingly no answers to where the long term lay. 

SC&T surveys indicate that the vocal minority as you put have broad majority support = There should be a unreserved section in the ground. Fans in the Atyeo have convinced BCFC - Bristol Sport and no doubt Mr Lansdown, that the Atyeo is the most logical and practical choice.

12 minutes ago, hodge said:

Yes lets turn down potential revenue when we can't compete financially in this division as it is..... I highly doubt a bigger away following would badly negatively effect us, you'd get more day trippers for every 'hardcore' fan who came too.

Not so sure about the revenue increase as with increased away fans you'd get increased stewarding and Policing costs.

The club know they have to increase the fan base so will hopefully go back to some of the deals they did last season. They went missing this year as they knew they didnt have to do them.

31 minutes ago, Bullbag said:

But the Atyeo end is traditionally the away end, and should remain that way.

There shouldn't be any home so called 'ultra' fans in there next season.

When it was the Park End it was split into home/away

Going back a time now,but had happy days in there.

2 minutes ago, WTMS said:

Being moved four times in three seasons is not preferential treatment. 

Fans have been attending consultations regarding this since early 2013 with seemingly no answers to where the long term lay. 

SC&T surveys indicate that the vocal minority as you put have broad majority support = There should be a unreserved section in the ground. Fans in the Atyeo have convinced BCFC - Bristol Sport and no doubt Mr Lansdown, that the Atyeo is the most logical and practical choice.

This isn't being moved while the re-development is ongoing, though. That was inevitable; you had to move or you'd have been bulldozed.

This is when there is no need to provide a temporary solution, so surely the best idea is to put people where they will stay, right? Have a long-term plan, no need for upheaval, etc.

Let's not also forget the Williams ST holders are guaranteed to have been forced to move twice if they want to go back to their 'spiritual home' (if you can call it that with the morgue it used to be).

An unreserved section itself is a great idea, and no surprises the broad majority voted in favour, I'll take your word for it. An unreserved section specifically in the Atyeo is more the choice of those in the Atyeo itself.

Ignoring the pub for a moment, what's illogical about having the section elsewhere, and preventing further upheaval down the line if we reach the Premier League? It doesn't seem impractical to me.

The occupants of the Atyeo don't get "preferential treatment". The facilities there are shite compared to the rest of the ground and the SC price reflects that. Some people (not superfans by the way) like to stand whilst watching everyone else sit in a frankly sterile atmosphere. How would all you "footy" fans in the south like it if a gurt wedge of people were standing in the block next to you in August ?

The Atyeo holds a bit over 4000 I believe so a 10% allocation to away fans would still leave plenty of space in the for home fans.Most championship clubs would struggle to sell 2500 tickets particularly for midweek matches.

Cup games are different of course.

I fail to see why people who have no desire to be in the Atyeo themselves appear so keen on displacing people who do.

2 minutes ago, Robin1988 said:

This isn't being moved while the re-development is ongoing, though. That was inevitable; you had to move or you'd have been bulldozed.

This is when there is no need to provide a temporary solution, so surely the best idea is to put people where they will stay, right? Have a long-term plan, no need for upheaval, etc.

Let's not also forget the Williams ST holders are guaranteed to have been forced to move twice if they want to go back to their 'spiritual home' (if you can call it that with the morgue it used to be).

An unreserved section itself is a great idea, and no surprises the broad majority voted in favour, I'll take your word for it. An unreserved section specifically in the Atyeo is more the choice of those in the Atyeo itself.

Ignoring the pub for a moment, what's illogical about having the section elsewhere, and preventing further upheaval down the line if we reach the Premier League? It doesn't seem impractical to me.

The ONLY other option to be considered by BCFC - Bristol Sport was the Dolman A - B.

Fans in the Atyeo decided logically that those in the Dolman A - B come first.

4 minutes ago, Loon plage said:

The occupants of the Atyeo don't get "preferential treatment". The facilities there are shite compared to the rest of the ground and the SC price reflects that. Some people (not superfans by the way) like to stand whilst watching everyone else sit in a frankly sterile atmosphere. How would all you "footy" fans in the south like it if a gurt wedge of people were standing in the block next to you in August ?

The Atyeo holds a bit over 4000 I believe so a 10% allocation to away fans would still leave plenty of space in the for home fans.Most championship clubs would struggle to sell 2500 tickets particularly for midweek matches.

I fail to see why people who have no desire to be in the Atyeo themselves appear so keen on displacing people who do.

Exactly. The way some people on here are talking its like the vast majority of clubs are going to be bringing 4,000 here each week its bollox. 2,500 away tickets is all that we need to give and baring the odd cup game i bet you most championship clubs will struggle to sell out those 2.5 k tickets.

7 minutes ago, Loon plage said:

The answer to the first bit is for you guys to move.

The second highlighted statement, it's not a case of wanting to displace anyone but the fact that we will have loads of room in the new stands next season and your remaining in the Atyeo limits away numbers when there will be 1000's of empty seats in the traditional home end. I would rather your good selves moved back to where you / we came from that away supporters buy tickets for a semi empty home end.

Yes, it is a pain at the moment but after 2 years of upheaval, for all of us and not just the Atyeo group, I feel it would be better if the SS was all home. The added bonus is that the noisy element will take the rest of us with them making the Gate a noisy place once again.

I have no issue with the Atyeo fans at all, just want what is best for our club long term.

3 minutes ago, bris red said:

Exactly. The way some people on here are talking its like the vast majority of clubs are going to be bringing 4,000 here each week its bollox. 2,500 away tickets is all that we need to give and baring the odd cup game i bet you most championship clubs will struggle to sell out those 2.5 k tickets.

So, on those occasions when the away support would pass 2,500 (many, including ourselves have regularly smashed that figure), do we expect none of their supporters to purchase tickets for the home stands? That worked out well previously didn't it?

With the potential for housing larger away support (on the occasions it's needed) and the available capacity in the home stands, I really can't see why we can't move a few fans to accommodate the Atyeo in the SS, I really can't and find those that have dug their heels in (after only being there for 2 seasons remember) a tad selfish WTGR to them.

It IS, as previously mentioned, an exclusive club IMO and the club are wrong to have made this decision.

Just my opinion, not a stick to beat anyone with.

10 minutes ago, ciderup said:

The second highlighted statement, it's not a case of wanting to displace anyone but the fact that we will have loads of room in the new stands next season and your remaining in the Atyeo limits away numbers when there will be 1000's of empty seats in the traditional home end. I would rather your good selves moved back to where you / we came from that away supporters buy tickets for a semi empty home end.

Yes, it is a pain at the moment but after 2 years of upheaval, for all of us and not just the Atyeo group, I feel it would be better if the SS was all home. The added bonus is that the noisy element will take the rest of us with them making the Gate a noisy place once again.

I have no issue with the Atyeo fans at all, just want what is best for our club long term.

Mate please tell me how and why you dont think 2.5 to 3 thousand away tickets will not be enough? Please.. How many clubs at this level are going to sell out and THEN have hoardes of fans wanting to buy tickets in the home ends FFS. Granted yes it has happened with Leeds (who are well known for it) but you are living in some sort of dream land and are vastly over exaggerating other clubs support at this level IMO.

Just now, WTMS said:

The Opreferenceser optionisto be considered by BCFC - Bristol Sport was the Dolman A - B.

Fans in the Atyeo decided logically that those in the Dolman A - B come first.

Was not aware that those were the only two choices.

If the club offered an unreserved section In the SS, what would your preference be?

Just curious. Choice between dolman and atyeo Is atyeo for me.

16 minutes ago, ciderup said:

Thing is ciderup I don't personally want to move as I can live with comparitively shite facilities. Rather than compel people to move into what appears frankly to be a generic soulless stand the club should be thinking about how to fill the empty seats and I think very cheap kids tickets is a good start. I can guarantee you the type of noise generated would not be appreciated by everyone in the SS and that's where the issues start. Plus of course people are currently used to being able to stand in unallocated areas (like the East end) I don't think you could or should permit that in a stand where everyone else is happily sat.

The last point has been covered by others before me but how many away teams would actually fill the Atyeo -Leeds ? Wednesday if they were doing well? Derby maybe?

There are no doubt stats available that shows how many fans travel per club and i'd be amazed of many regularly take over 2k. Also away followings often make more noise than the home fans so almost doubling that would give the visitors all the help they need !

10 minutes ago, bris red said:

Mate please tell me how and why you dont think 2.5 to 3 thousand away tickets will not be enough? Please.. How many clubs at this level are going to sell out and THEN have hoardes of fans wanting to buy tickets in the home ends FFS. Granted yes it has happened with Leeds (who are well known) but you are living in some sort of dream land and are vastly over exaggerating other clubs support at this level IMO.

Here we go, 'dream land' etc etc.

Leeds

Wednesday

'Boro

US!!

Ipswich - wanted more

Birmingham

Villa (next season)

Sunderland (potentially next season)

Newcastle (potentially next season)

ALL of those and probably more, have, on occasions, taken a lot more than 2,500 away to quite a few games.

My point, in cased it's being missed, is that we will have more than enough room to accommodate (and welcome for that matter) the fans from the Atyeo back into the SS, where it all originated. I cannot see any reason whatsoever why this move cannot take place leaving (potentially) the whole Atyeo for away supporters. This also cuts down the risk of any away fans purchasing tickets in the home stands as the capacity would be available.

I will leave it now as I think I've made my point and, no doubt, this will get dogs abuse as some can't have a proper discussion without resorting to it!

4 minutes ago, Loon plage said:

Thing is ciderup I don't personally want to move as I can live with comparitively shite facilities. Rather than compel people to move into what appears frankly to be a generic soulless stand the club should be thinking about how to fill the empty seats and I think very cheap kids tickets is a good start. I can guarantee you the type of noise generated would not be appreciated by everyone in the SS and that's where the issues start. Plus of course people are currently used to being able to stand in unallocated areas (like the East end) I don't think you could or should permit that in a stand where everyone else is happily sat.

The last point has been covered by others before me but how many away teams would actually fill the Atyeo -Leeds ? Wednesday of they were doing well? Derby maybe?

There are no doubt stats available that shows how many fans travel per club and i'd be amazed of many regularly take over 2k. Also away followings often make more noise than the home fans so almost doubling that would give the visitors all the help they need !

What's generic and soulless about the SS compared to the Atyeo, for instance, just moving off on a tangent for a moment?

Aside from having what's left of the words 'Bristol City' (although it looks more like Bris Ol Citv now) and not having any corners, I don't get the difference. It's possible to make a decent noise inside the SS, as we've seen this season.

33 minutes ago, twodogs said:

we should be looking to increase attendances by increasing home fan numbers not away fans. Not by creating a negative atmosphere for our own team with a massive away following in one stand.

Leave the number of away fans as is. 

Exactly.

The idea of over providing - because that's exactly what it would be - for away fans is absolutely ludicrous.

We need home advantage in the Championship more than ever - we mustn't throw it away by allowing an undiluted barrage of noise for the away team behind a goal.

It would be shooting ourselves in the foot, absolutely suicidal, to contemplate giving the away fans 4,000+ tickets.

Almost no other club gives such a huge allocation. We're Bristol City, not MKDons, we're quite capable of producing an atmosphere and we certainly don't need to fill the ground with away fans. 

It's not that the majority of away teams would go close to taking up such a mammoth allocation anyway, it's a ridiculous, defeatist, and potentially dangerous idea.

As for the suggestion that away fans might buy tickets for home ends, that makes no sense at all.

It hasn't happened this season with a much lower allocation than they will get next year.

7 minutes ago, ciderup said:

Here we go, 'dream land' etc etc.

Leeds

Wednesday

'Boro

US!!

Ipswich - wanted more

Birmingham

Villa (next season)

Sunderland (potentially next season)

Newcastle (potentially next season)

ALL of those and probably more, have, on occasions, taken a lot more than 2,500 away to quite a few games.

My point, in cased it's being missed, is that we will have more than enough room to accommodate (and welcome for that matter) the fans in the Atyeo back into the SS, where it all originated. I cannot see any reason whatsoever why this move cannot take place leaving (potentially) the whole Atyeo for away supporters.

I will leave it now as I think I've made my point and, no doubt, this will get dogs abuse as some can't have a proper discussion without resorting to it!

Been reading this and don't think you've had dogs abuse. People are just putting their point of view across but seems pretty sensible so far.

I can see your point about the Atyeo group going to the SS and think it's a good idea. 

Puzzling if the club haven't considered this at all, it's surely an option.

I think it's important that people stop using this "cheaper tickets" argument though, I don't think the Atyeo/EE lot have ever requested it. It's the clubs idea.

I am uneasy with giving the Atyeo entirely to away fans, it's like a 12th man. Think us at West Brom for example or Chalton. That's down to the design; the club had an opportunity to get away fans placement right and they've missed it in my view. 

4 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Been reading this and don't think you've had dogs abuse. People are just putting their point of view across but seems pretty sensible so far.

I can see your point about the Atyeo group going to the SS and think it's a good idea. 

Puzzling if the club haven't considered this at all, it's surely an option.

I think it's important that people stop using this "cheaper tickets" argument though, I don't think the Atyeo/EE lot have ever requested it. It's the clubs idea.

I am uneasy with giving the Atyeo entirely to away fans, it's like a 12th man. Think us at West Brom for example or Chalton. That's down to the design; the club had an opportunity to get away fans placement right and they've missed it in my view. 

I didn't say I had PF but don't want to cause the discussion to lower itself to becoming a bitching session. We've discussed this nicely at length before and I think some may get a tad defensive so I'll leave it there bud.

3 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Exactly.

The idea of over providing - because that's exactly what it would be - for away fans is absolutely ludicrous.

We need home advantage in the Championship more than ever - we mustn't throw it away by allowing an undiluted barrage of noise for the away team behind a goal.

It would be shooting ourselves in the foot, absolutely suicidal, to contemplate giving the away fans 4,000+ tickets.

Almost no other club gives such a huge allocation. We're Bristol City, not MKDons, we're quite capable of producing an atmosphere and we certainly don't need to fill the ground with away fans. 

It's not that the majority of away teams would go close to taking up such a mammoth allocation anyway, it's a ridiculous, defeatist, and potentially dangerous idea.

As for the suggestion that away fans might buy tickets for home ends, that makes no sense at all.

It hasn't happened this season with a much lower allocation than they will get next year.

Exactly my view. Shame the design doesn't enable away support in (say) dolman a+b with a segregated concourse with the entire Atyeo as home. That's an ideal scenario for me, allows interaction with our fans and away support but home fans behind both goals.

Too late now - but the club had a chance to design this correctly and have missed it.

Ciderup

Firstly you shouldn't get any abuse because you are posting your point of view as everyone should. I think everyone agrees with Leeds bringing loads but remember that Ipswich probably wanted more because they were only allocated 1100. Boro would definitely not bring anything like 2500 and Wednesday only if they were doing well. Of course Villa (also if they are doing well) because its relatively close Sunderland and Newcastle would - provided those games weren't midweek and of course a fair number are.

What you are likely to have in perhaps as many as 18-20 home games is a two thirds empty Atyeo with a couple of thousand migrants being told to sit down and watch the language at the other end.

52 minutes ago, Robin1988 said:

Why?

There is no necessity to increase the away allocation if we get to the PL.

Many, if not most, PL clubs in fact give over far less than 10% to away fans.

Archived