IGNORED

Season ticket prices 2016/2017

Snufflelufagus

12 minutes ago, Spoons said:

All the extra effort and expense for the club to go to just to keep 800-1000 fans happy ?? I probably pay more for my ticket so Atyeo tickets can be subsided. So I think I'm allowed a say.

That is I'm afraid laughable. You honestly think City or any other club in any of the leagues would charge some supporters more to subsidise others. City charge the most they think they can for the area of the ground and the facilities available.

6 minutes ago, Loon plage said:

Do you subsidise prices in the Atyeo?

Where do you sit - the SS ?

If so do SC holders in the Dolman subsidise you ?

If you're in the Dolman will the SC holders in the new stand subsidise you instead?

Oh and what extra effort and expense? Just asking.

I sit block e30 upper dolman. Next

Really don't understand why the club feel the need to bend over backwards and upset other supporters from other parts of the ground for a handful of singers who can hardly be heard the other end of the ground. Not like it's on the crystal palace scale of noise which in that case we should be bending over backwards to accommodate these singers 

11 minutes ago, Spoons said:

well why cant the singers sing in one of the other 3 stands? There's plenty of seats to go around

Yep and that would be fine, but that doesn't appear to be on the club's radar. My point was mainly countering your negative one about that Atyeo group anyway, if you read my posts in this thread I cite the SS as a good idea if workable.

7 minutes ago, twodogs said:

That is I'm afraid laughable. You honestly think City or any other club in any of the leagues would charge some supporters more to subsidise others. City charge the most they think they can for the area of the ground and the facilities available.

what is laughable is why are club spends so much time listening to 'singers' when they've just spent 47 million on a new stadium and don't need to ask anyone where they want to sit. Three stands is enough for every type of fan to choose from to suit themselves. And if you don't think my season ticket central dolman upper os so expensive and not used to subsidies other part of the ground you are naive

3 minutes ago, iamsober said:

Really don't understand why the club feel the need to bend over backwards and upset other supporters from other parts of the ground for a handful of singers who can hardly be heard the other end of the ground. Not like it's on the crystal palace scale of noise which in that case we should be bending over backwards to accommodate these singers 

Where is this double jointed effort the club is making ?

How does leaving people where they are upset other supporters?

1 hour ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Not at all.

2,700 will be given and that 10% is the very maximum clubs are expected to give, not the minimum.

1 hour ago, cynic said:

Leeds had the largest away average last season - 2,774.

Other than that only Middlesbrough and Derby averaged over 2,000.

Our 10% allocation of 2,700 is more than enough.

I don't disagree with this. I was merely pointing out that "overkill" isn't a reason because it applies both ways.

Although I would prefer to see our fans slightly more condensed over three stands only.

3 minutes ago, Loon plage said:

So do Dolman SC holders subsidise occupants of both ends of the ground ? - I wasn't aware of that so thanks very much for your largesse.

And what effort and expense by the way ?

work it out for yourself. Atyeo works out roughly £12 a game season ticket price , club cam do this as my seaon ticket price has gone up this season as they no I will keep buying it. This allows them to offer subsidies prices in Atyeo in particular. Effort and expense is what club has already done regarding segregation and next season stewarding costs. If just away fans in there it will be cheaper to run.

4 minutes ago, Spoons said:

what is laughable is why are club spends so much time listening to 'singers' when they've just spent 47 million on a new stadium and don't need to ask anyone where they want to sit. Three stands is enough for every type of fan to choose from to suit themselves. And if you don't think my season ticket central dolman upper os so expensive and not used to subsidies other part of the ground you are naive

So would you mind answering the question I asked you recently  -namely will the SC holders in the new stand be subsidising you next season ?

I don't want to sit down. If the cub is happy that part of the stadium can house people who want to stand in an unallocated area why does it bother you ?

If the club said the Atyeo was closed to home fans then I would have had a decision to make.

3 minutes ago, Spoons said:

Sorry mate that again is ridiculous the club charge the most they can for each ticket in all parts of the ground. You are subsidising no-one. By your logic someone who pays full price on match day is effectively subsidising your season ticket.

This is a bit ridiculous in that we are all city fans and yet we are having a go a one section in favour of away fans who bascially dont give two sh.its about our club and visit once a season.

6 minutes ago, Loon plage said:

So would you mind answering the question I asked you recently  -namely will the SC holders in the new stand be subsidising you next season ?

I don't want to sit down. If the cub is happy that part of the stadium can house people who want to stand in an unallocated area why does it bother you ?

If the club said the Atyeo was closed to home fans then I would have had a decision to make.

we are never going to agree, opinions are completely different so getting know where so I thing I will leave it there

4 minutes ago, Spoons said:

work it out for yourself. Atyeo works out roughly £12 a game season ticket price , club cam do this as my seaon ticket price has gone up this season as they no I will keep buying it. This allows them to offer subsidies prices in Atyeo in particular. Effort and expense is what club has already done regarding segregation and next season stewarding costs. If just away fans in there it will be cheaper to run.

Hmm.. I can't comment whether you feel you get value for money but I could have bought a SC in block B for £399 but chose instead one in the Atyeo for £299.So I pay £13 per game and would have paid £17 in the Dolman. In terms of the vastly superior view and facilities in the Dolman  do you really think that extra 4 quid coughed up by 6000 Dolmanites is subsidising me and a thousand others ??

2 minutes ago, Loon plage said:

Hmm.. I can't comment whether you feel you get value for money but I could have bought a SC in block B for £399 but chose instead one in the Atyeo for £299.So I pay £13 per game and would have paid £17 in the Dolman. In terms of the vastly superior view and facilities in the Dolman  do you really think that extra 4 quid coughed up by 6000 Dolmanites is subsidising me and a thousand others ??

I paid more than £399. Think £450. Old block e of dolman. I think my main point is that the atyeo really should be away fans only next season. And yes more expensive tickets do subsidies other tickets yes. But we obviously disagree but that's opinions. I've got to go now thatchers gold waiting for me in the pub

1 hour ago, Dave said:

To stop this situation happening again, perhaps the Club should state where the Safe Standing Areas of Ashton Gate will be, if in the future it is allowed.

My comment above drew no comment, but it is relevant as I am presume the singing section will want to occupy any future safe standing area.

I don't think Safe Standing will be introduced into the Atyeo stand, for either home or away fans.

Give all supporters all the information, so they can make informed decisions. Otherwise, in a few years time hopefully, with safe standing introduced, more supporters will have to move.

4 minutes ago, Loon plage said:

Just to point out, the price is now the same anywhere in the block, whether front row, middle row or back row, which to me is one of the worst things that it can cost up to £38 for a seat in the front row where the view isn't that good at all. Imo there should still be a divide between new seats and old ones with a slightly reduced rate in the front seats as it used to be as the view isn't that good.

2 minutes ago, ciderup said:

A quick point about inclusion if I may.

Doesn't this decision make the Atyeo 'club' even more exclusive in that other fans cannot join in even if they wanted to?

How did you come up with that? Current season ticket holders keep their seats, does it make things "exclusive" or rewarding loyalty?

2 minutes ago, Selred said:

How did you come up with that? Current season ticket holders keep their seats, does it make things "exclusive" or rewarding loyalty?

I was just thinking of younger / other fans that would like to join in Selred. As there are only 1,000 places in there, they have no chance, hence the 'exclusive' bit. It's not offensive bud, just a question.

3 minutes ago, ciderup said:

I was just thinking of younger / other fans that would like to join in Selred. As there are only 1,000 places in there, they have no chance, hence the 'exclusive' bit. It's not offensive bud, just a question.

That's one pull factor for me if the club could move the Atyeo group to the SS. People would get involved and I can see a big % of that end stood joining in if they were moved down there. The roof continuation would mean that noise reverberates around the entire of AG.

When I bought my season ticket in the eastend. The next stand I would be in would be in the new stadium at Ashton vale but we all know what happened there . Me personally want to stay in the atyeo just of the fact I've already moved 3 times . And enjoy the atyeo . As for the price I think the option of the SS was 350 for adult . 50 pound dearer than the atyeo which considering it's a new stand with the facilities is fair in my eyes. 

14 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Simply not true, that group always want as many people getting involved as possible

Wants as many fans involved in the group as possible

Wants to stay in a stand that limits amount who can be involved to 1000

Kind of contradictory there

2 hours ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Why?

There is no necessity to increase the away allocation if we get to the PL.

Many, if not most, PL clubs in fact give over far less than 10% to away fans.

This. I believe United only give 3500 to away fans (in the league) in their 76000 stadium.

I dont understand why this club should bend to the demands of the so called clubs with bigger fan bases even in this league.

19 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

That's one pull factor for me if the club could move the Atyeo group to the SS. People would get involved and I can see a big % of that end stood joining in if they were moved down there. The roof continuation would mean that noise reverberates around the entire of AG.

The way the concourse has been decorated, if that's the right word, makes me think that the natural home for the singers is the SS behind the goal.

was it last season that the Atyeo STs were simply told that they would have to move, no discussion, just put up with it.

I think a large number of the current SS ST holders will want to go back to the new Williams simply because they prefer to sit along the touchline rather than behind the goal.

I think the club should bite the bullet, make the three central areas of the SS standing, and anyone who doesn't want to stand can move.

This should enable the singers section to grow as it becomes more popular, otherwise I think there is a danger of it shrinking over time if left in the Atyeo.

4 minutes ago, Countryfile said:

The way the concourse has been decorated, if that's the right word, makes me think that the natural home for the singers is the SS behind the goal.

was it last season that the Atyeo STs were simply told that they would have to move, no discussion, just put up with it.

I think a large number of the current SS ST holders will want to go back to the new Williams simply because they prefer to sit along the touchline rather than behind the goal.

I think the club should bite the bullet, make the three central areas of the SS standing, and anyone who doesn't want to stand can move.

This should enable the singers section to grow as it becomes more popular, otherwise I think there is a danger of it shrinking over time if left in the Atyeo.

Making central areas standing means the outer blocks views will be restricted.

3 hours ago, Dollymarie said:

On the flip side, the "family section" is now in the South Stand, and is being extended for next season.  I think quite a few parents would be rightly upset if the unreserved section was moved next to them, and their kids ended up hearing some of the more "colourful" language that can emanate from where the Atyeo is now.  Those that choose to sit in the Atyeo now with their kids do so in the knowledge that they may end up learning some new words that they can use at football, but it's not everyone's cup of tea and the club would be on the receiving end of a large amount of complaints I expect.

Have to say that the previous 'family' section at the front of the Dolman was not well policed.  There were always a load of angry blokes swearing copiously and abusing players etc.  At least in the Atyeo it's singing, all be it with colourful language.  Unreserved seating allows you to avoid people - a massive benefit.

Archived