IGNORED

Season ticket prices 2016/2017

Snufflelufagus

5 minutes ago, hodge said:

Think the point being made was there would only be 1000 tickets available which are already accounted for, so there would be no scope for more people joining them in the Atyeo due to the away supporters being housed there also.

I'm pretty certain there will be enough that go on general sale, so if you want one, you will likely get one.  Do you want one?

19 minutes ago, Harry said:

But there are already supporters who relocated there from other parts of the ground who are happy with their seat.  Should the club plonk 1,000 tanked up neanderthals in front of them?  Aren't we best off being isolated from the rest - this way we don't piss anyone off.

Isn't supporting your team the reason for attending football matches. Isn't creating a better atmosphere part of that experience. Please explain how isolating one group of like minded fans can improve the atmosphere for the benefit of the team. It would seem to me that the experience of attending football and behaving in a manner which is alien to some (not me) is the be all and end all of some peoples requirements. Supporting and helping the team doesn't enter into it, it's more to do with their experience.

The South stand can develop into a brilliant home end, given a little time. People will have their noses put out but, no more than those in the Dolman. As for the corners, isn't one going to be the supporters club. The Heineken lounge will end up as the cheaper hospitality area and the family community area could easily relocate, they hear the swearing and see boisterous behaviour anyway. 

I want what's best for the club/team. Locating a bunch of lunatics in a secure environment, tucked away in the corner aint going to do anything for the team, it will just make the lunatics easier to police, which is what the club want.

Relocate wherever possible to the rear centre of the South Stand and you'll have your own area within two seasons.

It does create a good bit of noise, but I expect you're too busy singing and shouting yourselves, to hear it.

Of course the club will try to enforce one excuse after another on you, but they've already done that and changed their minds on numerous occasions to date. The club don't decide where I want to sit and support my team, I do.

6 minutes ago, Frenchay Red said:

Wow, there's a lot of discussion about where the so called singers will go next season. Good luck, but just an observation from the middle of the Dolman. You don't really sound all that loud nor are you particularly visible tucked up in the corner of the Atyeo. I think that from where I sit  the South stand seems at times louder to be honest, though not so constant. So reducing the numbers for next season won't help the noisy support objective IMO

No one I know in the Atyeo calls ourselves the "singing section".  We are just like-minded folk who happen to want to support our team in a different way.  I sing my ass off all game, I wish others would too.  The fact you maybe can't hear us is that enough others don't join in.  Do you sing?  If not, why not?
I enjoy the atmosphere we create.  If it doesn't transmit as far as your seat, maybe you should be asking questions of those who DON'T sing, rather than those that DO.

4 minutes ago, cider-manc said:

Ah right- sorry perhaps I got a little defensive there without reason!

Another reason why if we should (if possible) divide the away fans between the atyeo and the Dolman as we could then increase the amount of home fans behind the goal.

To be fair i think you'd really struggle to segregate the concourse in the Dolman to be honest.. Everything is possible no doubt but i reckon that would be a right ball ache. 

I hadn't realised all this had not been planned properly. I would have assumed the club would have considered a "singing section" when designing so as to create the best atmosphere. It's a real shame.

i was really hoping for a big "Kop-style" end once the build was all finished. Do the Liverpool fans all stand up in the Kop?

Dont know anything about this Atyeo pub idea. What's that?

4 minutes ago, Rich said:

Isn't supporting your team the reason for attending football matches. Isn't creating a better atmosphere part of that experience. Please explain how isolating one group of like minded fans can improve the atmosphere for the benefit of the team. It would seem to me that the experience of attending football and behaving in a manner which is alien to some (not me) is the be all and end all of some peoples requirements. Supporting and helping the team doesn't enter into it, it's more to do with their experience.

The South stand can develop into a brilliant home end, given a little time. People will have their noses put out but, no more than those in the Dolman. As for the corners, isn't one going to be the supporters club. The Heineken lounge will end up as the cheaper hospitality area and the family community area could easily relocate, they hear the swearing and see boisterous behaviour anyway. 

I want what's best for the club/team. Locating a bunch of lunatics in a secure environment, tucked away in the corner aint going to do anything for the team, it will just make the lunatics easier to police, which is what the club want.

Relocate wherever possible to the rear centre of the South Stand and you'll have your own area within two seasons.

It does create a good bit of noise, but I expect you're too busy singing and shouting yourselves, to hear it.

Of course the club will try to enforce one excuse after another on you, but they've already done that and changed their minds on numerous occasions to date. The club don't decide where I want to sit and support my team, I do.

I'm not suggesting the area is a closed off area for lunatics (although I do like the sound of that).  It's just better for all concerned if we're not forced to relocate somewhere else and put those noses out of joint.  Christ, we get enough stick on here as it is without being responsible for making more people up sticks!!

I'm happy that we will stay in the Atyeo.  Anyone who chooses not to stay there, is welcome to leave. Anyone who wants to join, I'm sure there will be plenty of availability.

As for making the noise in support of the team.  Some of us in S82 are trying our hardest all game, every game.  I still don't understand why there is so much criticism on here of us that are trying to sing.  Perhaps the criticism should go to the thousands who don't make any noise?

Too many times I've heard phrases such as "I couldn't hear the Atyeo today" or "Away fans were louder than the Atyeo today".  Those responsible for these quotes need to take some responsibility themselves and make some noise as well.  It's not JUST up to those in the Atyeo to sing.  Anyone can do it - honest.

8 minutes ago, Harry said:

No one I know in the Atyeo calls ourselves the "singing section".  We are just like-minded folk who happen to want to support our team in a different way.  I sing my ass off all game, I wish others would too.  The fact you maybe can't hear us is that enough others don't join in.  Do you sing?  If not, why not?
I enjoy the atmosphere we create.  If it doesn't transmit as far as your seat, maybe you should be asking questions of those who DON'T sing, rather than those that DO.

Harry, if it were well known that the group currently in the Atyeo were planning to move en-masse to the South stand rear centre, do you think like minded people who attended other areas would like to join you there? And would people who didn't want to be a part of that type of support, relocate so as not to be. That is what's happened in every football ground in the country, along with pubs clubs and districts, and it's happened naturally. 

Bristol City do not want vociferous lads and blokes in the South stand as it will affect others.

Fans are criticising supporters in the Atyeo for failing to not want to upset fans in the Dolman stand or South stand and the club. Damned if they do or don't.

5 minutes ago, Harry said:

I'm not suggesting the area is a closed off area for lunatics (although I do like the sound of that).  It's just better for all concerned if we're not forced to relocate somewhere else and put those noses out of joint.  Christ, we get enough stick on here as it is without being responsible for making more people up sticks!!

I'm happy that we will stay in the Atyeo.  Anyone who chooses not to stay there, is welcome to leave. Anyone who wants to join, I'm sure there will be plenty of availability.

As for making the noise in support of the team.  Some of us in S82 are trying our hardest all game, every game.  I still don't understand why there is so much criticism on here of us that are trying to sing.  Perhaps the criticism should go to the thousands who don't make any noise?

Too many times I've heard phrases such as "I couldn't hear the Atyeo today" or "Away fans were louder than the Atyeo today".  Those responsible for these quotes need to take some responsibility themselves and make some noise as well.  It's not JUST up to those in the Atyeo to sing.  Anyone can do it - honest.

Calm down, calm down.:whistle:. I think there's been a bit of tit for tat as far as the comments about the Atyeo and not being heard. It's often stated and you do it yourself, that others don't sing. The truth is, various groups/areas burst into song spontaneously, it's probably as a result of something exciting on the pitch  but everyone would be doing it at the same spontaneous time, and as such, would not notice others anyway. I have always made a point of taking the atmosphere in from all areas of the ground. One conclusion was that, the sound emanating from the East end was not very good, because the roof kept it enclosed, to a degree. It was noisy up to about the goal area and noisy inside. I've heard cracking atmospheres during games, only to hear afterwards that this group or that group claimed not to hear others, simple, if your shouting or singing yourself, other noise is blocked out. As a whole, city fans are reactionary to opposition fans, this can also be said of the Atyeo group. It's not in our nature to be big and loud and noisy, like those northern fellows.

15 minutes ago, Cowshed said:

Bristol City do not want vociferous lads and blokes in the South stand as it will affect others.

Fans are criticising supporters in the Atyeo for failing to not want to upset fans in the Dolman stand or South stand and the club. Damned if they do or don't.

They don't want them anywhere. They want nice well behaved supporters, who do as they're told and spend lots of money in the bars and food outlets.

There are already vociferous lads and blokes in the South Stand, I might even be classed as one, because I shout and swear and chant, occasionally. I hate being controlled, so I rebel a bit. Believe me, there are plenty already there, and those not of the same nature, will soon move on naturally.

18 minutes ago, Rich said:

Harry, if it were well known that the group currently in the Atyeo were planning to move en-masse to the South stand rear centre, do you think like minded people who attended other areas would like to join you there? And would people who didn't want to be a part of that type of support, relocate so as not to be. That is what's happened in every football ground in the country, along with pubs clubs and districts, and it's happened naturally. 

I think though that you will be pretty hard pushed to move those who have already now set up camp in the SS and this is the problem you are faced with. I dont know the exact figures but id guess the middle few blocks of the SS are more a less completely season tickets only.

Granted a few may relocate to the Williams next season but i just get this feeling many of the family and i like to sit down and watch the game quietly types are there to stay in the SS making life very difficult a group of 1,000 odd lads coming over from the Atyeo wanting to stand sing etc for 90mins..

57 minutes ago, Harry said:

1400 people have not met with the club.  A bunch of us who are passionate about wanting to have a place for all-types of supporter have got off their asses and asked the club to listen to them.  If you have a passionate view one way or the other, then speak to the club about it.  We can't speak for everyone, as there will never be a day where you can please everyone.  We've done what we wanted for ourselves, and I'm confident a lot of those in the Atyeo feel the same.  Some won't - and it's their own personal choice if they want to sit somewhere else.  No one is stopping people from moving to the Dolman or SS if they so desire.  We just want to stay where we are, and I'm sure I speak for a fair number of current Atyeo ST holders.
Your quote "the rest of the ground get no option" is really quite silly.  You have the option to sit anywhere you want.  I, however, in order to do what I want to do, have very limited options.

I was sat in the Atyeo last season and had to move  because my seat would of been in what would of been the away end. Like many people we had to move for there were no seats for us in the Atyeo.

So like I said why dont I get the option to move back to the Atyeo and why is it a certain section can stay but the rest of us have no choice.

Why didn't the club send out an email and say where would you like the away fans next season or even a questionnaire on match day.

Basically its all boiling down to who ever shouts loudest gets there way and the rest of us who have been inconvenienced have to accept the decision because a group of fans want there own pub and want to create a Dutch atmosphere and the rest of the ground will just have to accept it. Doesn't seem very fair does it, to all the people inconvenienced previously and now people in the meetings are deciding what's best for us fans in other stands for it suits the Atyeo fans.

2 minutes ago, bris red said:

I think though that you will be pretty hard pushed to move those who have already now set up camp in the SS and this is the problem you are faced with. I dont know the exact figures but id guess the middle few blocks of the SS are more a less completely season tickets only.

Granted a few may relocate to the Williams next season but i just get this feeling many of the family and i like to sit down and watch the game quietly types are there to stay in the SS making life very difficult a group of 1,000 odd lads coming over from the Atyeo wanting to stand sing etc for 90mins..

I'd imagine that about three thousand will be relocating back to the Williams, probably four thousand moved across and I'd imagine most would want to return. From those I've spoken to, the majority are going back. Though it is a good view for an end.

3 minutes ago, wayne allisons tongues said:

I was sat in the Atyeo last season and had to move  because my seat would of been in what would of been the away end. Like many people we had to move for there were no seats for us in the Atyeo.

So like I said why dont I get the option to move back to the Atyeo and why is it a certain section can stay but the rest of us have no choice.

Why didn't the club send out an email and say where would you like the away fans next season or even a questionnaire on match day.

Basically its all boiling down to who ever shouts loudest gets there way and the rest of us who have been inconvenienced have to accept the decision because a group of fans want there own pub and want to create a Dutch atmosphere and the rest of the ground will just have to accept it. Doesn't seem very fair does it, to all the people inconvenienced previously and now people in the meetings are deciding what's best for us fans in other stands for it suits the Atyeo fans.

So would you like to return to the Atyeo?

8 minutes ago, Rich said:

I'd imagine that about three thousand will be relocating back to the Williams, probably four thousand moved across and I'd imagine most would want to return. From those I've spoken to, the majority are going back. Though it is a good view for an end.

If that is the case then that will obviously free up a fair amount of room in the SS. Still need the club to make a section un-reserved though. For me everything is pointing towards keeping it as is in the Atyeo. The alternative's are seeming far to complex!

The Club should have sorted this at the start of redevelopment.

Always reactive not proactive on key supporter issues it seems to me whether it be singers, parking, ticket purchasing and IT.... the list goes on. 

13 minutes ago, wayne allisons tongues said:

http://www.otib.co.uk/index.php?/forum/53-match-daystadium-qa/

It is an interesting question. You could use the Q&A to pose it.

Ultimately it is Bristol City and Bristol Sport who make decisions and fans in the Atyeo have helped Bristol City and Bristol Sport to make one that affects negatively very few.

6 hours ago, wayne allisons tongues said:

If you want to move to the Atyeo next season I'm highly confident there will be tickets available. I hope you buy one and join us. 

6 hours ago, Rich said:

I think it's a great idea and would probably work. But you are advocating the eviction of many fans who are already happy with their seat and will not want to move. 

By this rationale, and only this rationale, we figured we'd be best off staying put. There's been so much negative talk over the years (and by some on this thread) about the ex-eastend group, that we thought being selfless and not upsetting anyone was the best option. But it seems we can't even make this choice with upsetting people. This option means no one has to move if they don't want to. I'm baffled that some think this is a poor choice and would rather see the eviction of others. 

7 hours ago, Harry said:

If you are representing the Atyeo group I think you need to be careful with these sort of posts. There are all sorts of people who go to football for all sorts of reasons and it is not for you to be telling others what they should do. My Auntie has sat next to me at games for 30 years, faithfully following City her entire life, but she is a shy person who goes purely to watch the game and it is simply not in her nature to sing.

I am all for improving the atmosphere, I do sing, and I would encourage others to join in. But there is a danger that the Atyeo group will lose the good will of the rest of us if you start portraying yourselves as superior and criticising other supporters.

6 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

If you are representing the Atyeo group I think you need to be careful with these sort of posts. There are all sorts of people who go to football for all sorts of reasons and it is not for you to be telling others what they should do. My Auntie has sat next to me at games for 30 years, faithfully following City her entire life, but she is a shy person who goes purely to watch the game and it is simply not in her nature to sing.

I am all for improving the atmosphere, I do sing, and I would encourage others to join in. But there is a danger that the Atyeo group will lose the good will of the rest of us if you start portraying yourselves as superior and criticising other supporters.

Where have I claimed to be superior. I am also not criticising others. I am also not speaking on behalf or representing anyone but myself and a group of like-minded friends. 

Everyone has the choice to sit where they want. We've chosen to ask to stay in the Atyeo in order to cause zero fuss to anyone else. That's not superior thinking, it's selfless thinking. 

I've not criticised anyone. I've said that a group of us have fought for what we wanted. If others want to do the same its up to them. 

If anything, it's the Atyeo group who are on the end of the criticism, not the ones giving it out. All I'm saying is that if you want atmos, don't lay the blame at a couple of hundred fans who try to create it. It's others who don't join in who are at fault for that. That's not a criticism of others, as that's the way they want to enjoy their football. It's a reality though - people criticise the Atyeo for the atmos but do nothing to help it themselves. 

In the past few years "Eastenders" have been moved to the Williams, back to the Eastend, then to The Atyeo; although not all moved many did; even when in the Atyeo they were moved to the other half. So many of these fans have already put up with a lot, (how many others would do likewise with their "seat")

The result is the main "singing" section is watered down and scattered, this will it seems now continue as there is not enough room where they are for next season, the club deems.

Not a great way to treat some of its most noisiest fans, maybe a little more fore thought would have been an ideal, then again maybe it was the plan all along.....divide and conquer :dunno:sit down shut up :dunno:

5 minutes ago, glos old boy said:

In the past few years "Eastenders" have been moved to the Williams, back to the Eastend, then to The Atyeo; although not all moved many did; even when in the Atyeo they were moved to the other half. So many of these fans have already put up with a lot, (how many others would do likewise with their "seat")

The result is the main "singing" section is watered down and scattered, this will it seems now continue as there is not enough room where they are for next season, the club deems.

Not a great way to treat some of its most noisiest fans, maybe a little more fore thought would have been an ideal, then again maybe it was the plan all along.....divide and conquer :dunno:sit down shut up :dunno:

You missed out moved within the Atyeo twice this season. 4 times in three seasons. This is part of the reason we'd just like a permanent home that we know we can stay in. 

46 minutes ago, Harry said:

Where have I claimed to be superior. I am also not criticising others. I am also not speaking on behalf or representing anyone but myself and a group of like-minded friends. 

Everyone has the choice to sit where they want. We've chosen to ask to stay in the Atyeo in order to cause zero fuss to anyone else. That's not superior thinking, it's selfless thinking. 

I've not criticised anyone. I've said that a group of us have fought for what we wanted. If others want to do the same its up to them. 

If anything, it's the Atyeo group who are on the end of the criticism, not the ones giving it out. All I'm saying is that if you want atmos, don't lay the blame at a couple of hundred fans who try to create it. It's others who don't join in who are at fault for that. That's not a criticism of others, as that's the way they want to enjoy their football. It's a reality though - people criticise the Atyeo for the atmos but do nothing to help it themselves. 

Fair enough Harry - it's just when you say "Do you sing? If not, why not?", that sounds pretty critical.

I do appreciate what you're trying to achieve though and have no problem with it.

38 minutes ago, Three Lions said:

Dollymarie what was the supporters trust view? piss fans off? or think exactly the same as harry and co?

I'm the only season ticket holder in the Atyeo, but there was a general view amongst us that the Atyeo makes the most sense. 

"I'm the only season ticket holder in the Atyeo, but there was a general view amongst us that the Atyeo makes the most sense".

Thought so. Maybe the supporters trust to should be getting digged out too for having a view that not pissing people off makes sense!!!

Archived