IGNORED

Season ticket prices 2016/2017

Snufflelufagus

16 hours ago, WTMS said:

It is not a club, It is not exclusive. Intent is there to widen efforts into the Dolman via the Atyeo pub and lower Dolman. Fans in other stands are supportive of the efforts of those in the Atyeo, examples being flags, poles etc being donated to fans in the Atyeo. . 

So yes it is hoped that other fans can join in. It is hoped that the Atyeo may make Bristol City and Bristol Sport look further at what it does e.g. club policies within other stands to help create a more vibrant fan culture at BCFC.

2 minutes ago, WTMS said:

Check Harrys detailed post regarding the corner of the Dolman.

That arguement does not hold for me, A&B are pretty full so again no room to expand. It's highly unlikely any pub wouldn't allow Dolman fans in as it would reach capacity pretty quickly with the Atyeo fans.

3 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

I think you vastly over-estimate how much this "connection" is taken seriously by . 

Our peers? No. Hundreds have now made the trip..

Willem II? none of us ever expected anything like the reception we have received in Tilburg from their fans , players and Directors.

4 minutes ago, Just Red said:

That arguement does not hold for me, A&B are pretty full so again no room to expand. It's highly unlikely any pub wouldn't allow Dolman fans in as it would reach capacity pretty quickly with the Atyeo fans.

Reference is made to the lower Dolman.

Ideas presented to Bristol Sport in December were that the Pub would be open to anybody.

So clearly the intent is to include others.

16 hours ago, WTMS said:

It is not a club, It is not exclusive. Intent is there to widen efforts into the Dolman via the Atyeo pub and lower Dolman. Fans in other stands are supportive of the efforts of those in the Atyeo, examples being flags, poles etc being donated to fans in the Atyeo. . 

So yes it is hoped that other fans can join in. It is hoped that the Atyeo may make Bristol City and Bristol Sport look further at what it does e.g. club policies within other stands to help create a more vibrant fan culture at BCFC.

As a former EE going in the Atyeo just doesn't sit right with me. The SS is my traditional end. Others views may have changed but not mine. Once an Eastender always an Eastender.The Ee is my traditional home and the SS is a worthy replacement and has great potential to be a proper home end.

When the Atyeo is replaced it will be when were in the prem. That could be in as little as a season. Fans will find themselves homeless and without an area as the rest of the ground will be sold out. The Atyeo will also be a very corporate stand to take advantage of our position in the premier by maximizing income.

15 minutes ago, WTMS said:

Willem II? none of us ever expected anything like the reception we have received in Tilburg from their fans , players and Directors.

I heard that depending on the BREXIT vote, all relationships with European football clubs might have to be dissolved.

Have you accounted for that?

1 hour ago, WTMS said:

If a few hundred is all you're basing this alleged fraternal link on then that's hardly a ringing endorsement of it's popularity among a fan base in the tens of thousands really, is it. The club have been pretty consistent in their apathy towards it too, it would seem. It's great that a few of you get a decent welcome over there in Willemsburg but that doesn't really add up to much imho. 

9 minutes ago, Three Lions said:

Just red if the ss can be all these things you say it can be shouldn't you be as Harry politely pointed out be taking the lead there now fella?

My grandfather fought to keep out the SS and now we have people campaigning to embrace.

#Confused

2 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

If a few hundred is

More than a few, or more than has watched Bristol City on tours abroad, or more than on occasions some away supports, or a very high proportion of a section of City's support which is located in two areas of Ashton Gate.

Above all it has been fun. It adds a bit of interest to a traditionally under performing club, or part of what is our club. It is more fun than commercial links with Interflora or Morphy Richards .. Lot more fun. Long may it continue and grow.

2 hours ago, Just Red said:

As a former EE going in the Atyeo just doesn't sit right with me. The SS is my traditional end. Others views may have changed but not mine. Once an Eastender always an Eastender.The Ee is my traditional home and the SS is a worthy replacement and has great potential to be a proper home end.

When the Atyeo is replaced it will be when were in the prem. That could be in as little as a season. Fans will find themselves homeless and without an area as the rest of the ground will be sold out. The Atyeo will also be a very corporate stand to take advantage of our position in the premier by maximizing income.

Why don't you start a new thread aimed at everyone that wants to create an atmosphere but won't be going in the Atyeo?

You could all put your heads together and pick a block, say one of the back ones in the SS and all agree to get season tickets in that block.

There might not be enough interest to make it worthwhile but there's no harm in finding out, there seems to be a lot of people on here who want a singing section in the SS so you never know.

It would be great to have a noisy group of fans at both ends of the ground.

1 hour ago, CyderInACan said:

If a few hundred is all you're basing this alleged fraternal link on then that's hardly a ringing endorsement of it's popularity among a fan base in the tens of thousands really, is it. The club have been pretty consistent in their apathy towards it too, it would seem. It's great that a few of you get a decent welcome over there in Willemsburg but that doesn't really add up to much imho. 

I've been a few times and it's great but you are right. I don't personally think the link should be anything more than it is now but the thing is they know how to generate an atmosphere and a relationship with Willem fans is helpful in trying to get something similar over here.

My one genuine fear about the dialogue between the club and various groups, is that it will ultimately result in the current group that sing and create an atmosphere in the Atyeo, being divided still further. They'll get shunted around again and again, until they tire and give up. It's highly likely that the club will use another excuse to re-locate that group again next season. It'll be away from the Atyeo, probably claiming excessive costs for stewarding in that stand,  if there's no segregation required, that'll mean less stewards and less cost to the club. Peoples noses are going to be put out no matter where they end up going. If they don't decide to do it themselves this year, I fear there'll be nowhere offered to them as a group, and there won't be anywhere large enough to locate them which is acceptable to the club. The club will then release a statement saying "BCFC have tried their best to accommodate this group of supporters over the years, while listening to and trying to keep them together during the difficult period of redevelopment of the stadium but, there's now nothing more that can be done without affecting our other supporters adversely. We will do our best to keep friends together wherever possible and recommend that they contact our liaison officer with their requests as soon as possible".

You are an endangered species, the club are getting shot of you, grab the bull by the horns and take the initiative. Take the South Stand, make it yours. 

21 minutes ago, Three Lions said:

Top post basso. just red, cynic, ciderup and rich should be taking the lead. so they can get mates to help out with all the ideas they have and they are off. the floor is theirs.

But wouldn't it be like one of those AFC football clubs like FC United? Which group would be the real Eastenders?  The current group already had the numbers and our know. I would rather be one United group rather than two divided groups.

23 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Although difficult to prove, I certainly was convinced the club were trying to dilute and ultimately kill off that 'type' of support about this time last year. 

Murder? OMG that is horrific. 

I read that the CIA assassinated a number of the Lunar astronauts in the early 70s to shut them up, but I never thought our club would stoop so low.

I am going to email Panorama.

Jesus people, watch your backs and stay safe. 

13 hours ago, Rich said:

My one genuine fear about the dialogue between the club and various groups, is that it will ultimately result in the current group that sing and create an atmosphere in the Atyeo, being divided still further. They'll get shunted around again and again, until they tire and give up. It's highly likely that the club will use another excuse to re-locate that group again next season. It'll be away from the Atyeo, probably claiming excessive costs for stewarding in that stand,  if there's no segregation required, that'll mean less stewards and less cost to the club. Peoples noses are going to be put out no matter where they end up ...

It would be fair to point out that those now involved from BCFC - Bristol Sport e.g Andrew Billingham Martin Griffiths, Mark Kelly were not involved in what passed for consultation prior to late 2014.

Fundamental decisions were made by their predecessors.  They like Fans in the Atyeo deal with the hand they were given.

Fans in the Atyeo have logically and rationally chose to get on with pursuing -

The L shape round to the lower Dolman could be an area for growth should things be rubber stamped. But more than that, it could be something very special indeed.

Pucklechurch Red.

That is a realistic aim.

I think i will reflect on what has been done and is being done and which we will continue in the Atyeo as it is working and I am fed up with trying to break things that just are not broken and fed up with moving around.

http://s1303.photobucket.com/user/LionsBS3/slideshow/S82%20Flags%20Banners?sort=3

Rather not go with hot air of what i should be doing when others are not doing but just talking, 9 pages of talk while lads are busy with flags, banners, stickers and wanting the best atmosphere they can for this Saturday which does mean big st george flag surfer going in the Dolman (anyone care to help?). Much goes in to that little minority they call the Atyeo, a lot of work goes in to it just to give it up now.

Expansion means the whole ground getting off their arses and taking part, doing something and maybe then other fans won't have to look at 1,000 odd being relied on to light the fuse paper.. If want an atmosphere the get off your back sides and create it,,ALL OVER ASHTON GATE.. If you don't leave them be to get on with it.

4 hours ago, WTMS said:

It would be fair to point out that those now involved from BCFC - Bristol Sport e.g Andrew Billingham Martin Griffiths, Mark Kelly were not involved in what passed for consultation prior to late 2014.

Fundamental decisions were made by their predecessors.  They like Fans in the Atyeo deal with the hand they were given.

Fans in the Atyeo have logically and rationally chose to get on with pursuing -

The L shape round to the lower Dolman could be an area for growth should things be rubber stamped. But more than that, it could be something very special indeed.

Pucklechurch Red.

That is a realistic aim.

Main problem I see is that the lower dolman is still fairly expensive (up to £38) for frankly a poor view, trying to get people to group together there could be difficult. The idea is nice, but practicality could be difficult.

1 hour ago, Stockwood nick said:

So to be clear, does anyone actually know when the details for ST for next season will be out? 

No, or if they do, they're not telling. As every promised date has been missed I'm not holding my breath. 

Archived