IGNORED

Season ticket prices 2016/2017

Snufflelufagus

22 minutes ago, hodge said:

Wants as many fans involved in the group as possible

Wants to stay in a stand that limits amount who can be involved to 1000

Kind of contradictory there

Who are you speaking about? There's a range of opinions about the destination. That comment implying the Atyeo/EE group want to be insular is incorrect though.

17 minutes ago, Countryfile said:

The way the concourse has been decorated, if that's the right word, makes me think that the natural home for the singers is the SS behind the goal.

was it last season that the Atyeo STs were simply told that they would have to move, no discussion, just put up with it.

I think a large number of the current SS ST holders will want to go back to the new Williams simply because they prefer to sit along the touchline rather than behind the goal.

I think the club should bite the bullet, make the three central areas of the SS standing, and anyone who doesn't want to stand can move.

This should enable the singers section to grow as it becomes more popular, otherwise I think there is a danger of it shrinking over time if left in the Atyeo.

My thoughts exactly, agree with all of that 

So we need a part of the ground that is

1) Big enough to be able to make the section as big or small as possible

2) An area that is cheapish as although we have never asked for cheaper tickets, many in the Atyeo are younger and less affluent. 

3) Not obstructing views of others.

4) Good acoustics.

Ladies and Gents, I give you the South Stand

3 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

I think silver cars are quicker than black cars.

Anyone fancy a pointless argument?

This thread has lost all meaning.

How about horses?

Was the Lone Rangers horse Silver faster than Black Beauty?

I suppose they'd both have to be pretty rapid if they were down the minimal swamp.

2 hours ago, hodge said:
24 minutes ago, The Bard said:

Have to say that the previous 'family' section at the front of the Dolman was not well policed.  There were always a load of angry blokes swearing copiously and abusing players etc.  At least in the Atyeo it's singing, all be it with colourful language.  Unreserved seating allows you to avoid people - a massive benefit.

I can picture one group near us in the old LD that might have applied to and the linesman certainly got the necessary stick if required, usually good natured stuff though.

The Lower Dolman was the family section for years but gradually less so and it was re -established in the corner of the Atyeo.

Personally I've never seen the need for 'family sections' at football at all.

There were none at AG when I started going in the 70's. The youngsters all went down to the railings at the front, soaked up the atmosphere under the far off gaze of their parent  or older sibling, (or very often neither) as happy as sandboys, and everyone got on fine.

1 hour ago, ciderup said:

A quick point about inclusion if I may.

Doesn't this decision make the Atyeo 'club' even more exclusive in that other fans cannot join in even if they wanted to?

It is not a club, It is not exclusive. Intent is there to widen efforts into the Dolman via the Atyeo pub and lower Dolman. Fans in other stands are supportive of the efforts of those in the Atyeo, examples being flags, poles etc being donated to fans in the Atyeo. . 

So yes it is hoped that other fans can join in. It is hoped that the Atyeo may make Bristol City and Bristol Sport look further at what it does e.g. club policies within other stands to help create a more vibrant fan culture at BCFC.

8 minutes ago, WTMS said:

It is not a club, It is not exclusive. Intent is there to widen efforts into the Dolman via the Atyeo pub and lower Dolman. Fans in other stands are supportive of the efforts of those in the Atyeo, examples being flags, poles etc being donated to fans in the Atyeo. . 

So yes it is hoped that other fans can join in. It is hoped that the Atyeo may make Bristol City and Bristol Sport look further at what it does e.g. club policies within other stands to help create a more vibrant fan culture at BCFC.

With all respect WTMS, that's not how it appears to many of us.

If you were in the SS, then everyone could join in and the numbers would swell enormously. As I said previously, during the rebuild we have had a huge number of temporary residents from the old Williams who will, to a man I would guess, return there this summer. Nothing wrong there and they have coped admirably with a forced change and not complained. That leaves like minded souls who would love to improve the atmosphere IF S82 / the old EE'ers were back where they should be. As it stands, only 1,000 of YOU can join the 'club' for want of a better phrase and an awful lot of us are excluded. The SS will remain quiet as it will be pretty sparsely populated.

That's how it appears to many of us.

I wanted to move into the SS when the plans were first introduced. They had rail seats behind the goal, DL said there was an agreement the the EE nomads would get priority. Fantastic I thought.

Would have paid whatever/ and still would for safe standing in a modern stand.

instead that never materialised and we were moved to the atyeo. Ticket price paid no factor in that decision, I wouldn't sit in the upper dolman of it was 100 quid. It look shite for atmosphere. 

the club doesn't 'pander' to these types of fans either, yes we like things a certain way and put some pressure on the club to accommodate these traditions, but I think deep down the club like people trying to maintain the heritage, it's all part of the 'brand' afterall.

I just think we are different because we are not afraid to ask for things, it's our club too an if you put a reasonable argument together the club sometimes listens - and that's a good thing surely! 

3 minutes ago, ciderup said:

If you were in the SS, then everyone could join in and the numbers would swell enormously. As I said previously, during the rebuild we have had a huge number of temporary residents from the old Williams who will, to a man I would guess, return there this summer. Nothing wrong there and they have coped admirably with a forced change and not complained. That leaves like minded souls who would love to improve the atmosphere IF S82 / the old EE'ers were back where they should be. As it stands, only 1,000 of YOU can join the 'club' for want of a better phrase and an awful lot of us are excluded. The SS will remain quiet as it will be pretty sparsely populated.

Sounds a good solution to me. If that end wasn't such a bowl, and more of a 'block' design with much less seating in the conjoined seating at the sides (hopefully readers know what I'm getting at.. Will attach a pic if I can) you wouldn't have the sight line issues with the sides of the SS that others have cited.

1 minute ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Sounds a good solution to me. If that end wasn't such a bowl, and more of a 'block' design with much less seating in the conjoined seating at the sides (hopefully readers know what I'm getting at.. Will attach a pic if I can) you wouldn't have the sight line issues with the sides of the SS that others have cited.

I'm sure that's not unsurmountable PF, especially once the SL's of this world move next season. Even if those in the middle block stood, it wouldn't block the views of those on the corporate balconies in the SS corners. The rest of us mere mortals in the SS would follow S82's lead, I have no doubt about that. The family corner wouldn't be affected either. I know that as I currently sit there.

4 minutes ago, ciderup said:

You do have the opportunity to act autonomously in the South Stand.

Fans in the Atyeo are looking to include others via the Atyeo pub and lower Dolman.  There is real scope there to do something significant and different with support looking at twinning ideas with a certain Dutch club, sponsorship of décor via local pubs, and more.

8 minutes ago, ciderup said:

I'm sure that's not unsurmountable PF, especially once the SL's of this world move next season. Even if those in the middle block stood, it wouldn't block the views of those on the corporate balconies in the SS corners. The rest of us mere mortals in the SS would follow S82's lead, I have no doubt about that. The family corner wouldn't be affected either. I know that as I currently sit there.

I'd love that to be the solution. Can't really see a down side. It would improve the atmosphere across the rest of the ground hugely in my opinion. We all want a good atmosphere at the ground and no one wants division between our fans. Think the club should give it serious thought. It could be like a scaled down Stretford end.

5 minutes ago, WTMS said:

You do have the opportunity to act autonomously in the South Stand.

Fans in the Atyeo are looking to include others via the Atyeo pub and lower Dolman.  There is real scope there to do something significant and different with support looking at twinning ideas with a certain Dutch club, sponsorship of décor via local pubs, and more.

Still think the SS would be a far easier and more suitable solution bud. It's an unnecessary complication built up over 2 years when the club should have made it clear that the Atyeo was only ever a temporary solution then we wouldn't have had the need for this discussion.

Just bring S82 home so others can join in and let it grow as it undoubtedly would. Staying in the Atyeo limits the numbers needlessly WTGR.

None of this diminishes the admiration I have for S82, I would just like to be a part of it again as I was for many, many years, in the historical home of our core support.

8 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I'd love that to be the solution. Can't really see a down side. It would improve the atmosphere across the rest of the ground hugely in my opinion. We all want a good atmosphere at the ground and no one wants division between our fans. Think the club should give it serious thought. It could be like a scaled down Stretford end.

Why not eh?

You would have to ask someone other than me as I'm 100% behind that idea. I'm sure S82 and the club could work a suitable solution IF they wanted to. With the change in attendees in the SS from this summer, I can't see it being such an issue as it has been this season.

1 hour ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

I can picture one group near us in the old LD that might have applied to and the linesman certainly got the necessary stick if required, usually good natured stuff though.

The Lower Dolman was the family section for years but gradually less so and it was re -established in the corner of the Atyeo.

Personally I've never seen the need for 'family sections' at football at all.

There were none at AG when I started going in the 70's. The youngsters all went down to the railings at the front, soaked up the atmosphere under the far off gaze of their parent  or older sibling, (or very often neither) as happy as sandboys, and everyone got on fine.

I agree.  One of the reasons I liked the East End was I left my kids at the front and disappeared to watch the game with mates.  they were perfectly happy being left on their own.  I was more than happy to leave them there.  The lack of space at the front of the Atyeo prevents this from happening unfortunately.

1 minute ago, ciderup said:

Still think the SS would be a far easier and more suitable solution bud. It's an unnecessary complication built up over 2 years when the club should have made it clear that the Atyeo was only ever a temporary solution then we wouldn't have had this discussion.

Just bring S82 home so others can join in and let it grow as it undoubtedly would. Staying in the Atyeo limits the numbers needlessly WTGR.

None of this diminishes the admiration I have for S82, I would just like to be a part of it again as I was for many, many years, in the historical home of our core support.

Fans at a recent meeting did not all have an interest in this S82?? They simply want to continue doing what they have since 2007 ... It will not be allowed in the South stand, or broadly welcomed.

There is real potential to grow via the Dolman stand.

1 minute ago, WTMS said:

Fans at a recent meeting did not all have an interest in this S82?? They simply want to continue doing what they have since 2007 ... It will not be allowed in the South stand, or broadly welcomed.

That's us in the SS stuffed then!

Well done on improving the atmosphere by the way, it IS appreciated although I wish the 'favoured' 1,000 could be inclusive to the potential 6,000 which it could be if you moved en masse. I'm sure, given the change of supporter in the SS from the summer that the club would be more supportive but do understand their reticence during the rebuild.

The atmosphere issue, in areas apart from the group in the Atyeo, is consigned to failure IMO due to this decision and I think it's a real pity that people aren't a bit more thoughtful to those of us on the outside looking in knowing we can NEVER get in.

15 minutes ago, WTMS said:

Why is there potential in the Dolman. I have seen very little from Blocks A and B to suggest that the atmosphere can bridge that gap

1 minute ago, Welcome To The Jungle said:

Why is there potential in the Dolman. I have seen very little from Blocks A and B to suggest that the atmosphere can bridge that gap

I get the impression it's down to the proposed bar partly, not really sure how crucial that is to many people.. Doesn't seem to be overwhelming interest in it on here, most people go to local pubs anyway.

Can I ask why the 1400 are having meetings with the club regards where they want to sit. Whilst the rest of the ground get no option, quite a few people moved out of the Atyeo to the south stand due to the relocation etc. of the away fans this season. Why haven't these fans been asked where they want to sit next season.

Why aren't supporters in other stands asked for there views. Where you sitting next year to see if there's space for people from the Atyeo in the other stands. 

If safe standing is put into Ashton Gate the next few seasons would they want to move there or would people who would have to move because of safe standing get first choice. 

People saying they like it in the Atyeo because they can swear etc. is fair enough but isn't it illegal to swear at football now? If so then moving stands isn't a problem.

3 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I get the impression it's down to the proposed bar partly, not really sure how crucial that is to many people.. Doesn't seem to be overwhelming interest in it on here, most people go to local pubs anyway.

The bar would be nice but I'd rather have a large space to achieve more in terms of displays eyc.

2 hours ago, The Bard said:

Have to say that the previous 'family' section at the front of the Dolman was not well policed.  There were always a load of angry blokes swearing copiously and abusing players etc.  At least in the Atyeo it's singing, all be it with colourful language.  Unreserved seating allows you to avoid people - a massive benefit.

I must confess to being one of those people.  We have seats in the Lower Dolman, and I recall giving out loads of grief to Craig Bellamy when we played Cardiff on New Year's Day and then realising my teenage niece was thus seeing a side of her uncle she might not have known existed...

5 hours ago, ciderup said:

The answer to the first bit is for you guys to move.

The second highlighted statement, it's not a case of wanting to displace anyone but the fact that we will have loads of room in the new stands next season and your remaining in the Atyeo limits away numbers when there will be 1000's of empty seats in the traditional home end. I would rather your good selves moved back to where you / we came from that away supporters buy tickets for a semi empty home end.

Yes, it is a pain at the moment but after 2 years of upheaval, for all of us and not just the Atyeo group, I feel it would be better if the SS was all home. The added bonus is that the noisy element will take the rest of us with them making the Gate a noisy place once again.

I have no issue with the Atyeo fans at all, just want what is best for our club long term.

I got to page 3 and now you seem to be going round in circles mate.

As an Atyeo season ticket holder I completely agree with your case for it housing away fans.

The question you need to answer is where can I go to enjoy standing, singing and swearing?

I have no desire to sit hunched up in silence like the rest of the stadium. 

That's the answer we need to find. 

Sooooo, 6 pages in and I'm still none the wiser as to season ticket prices for next season. However, I do know that there is some sort of exclusive club in the Atyeo, Leeds averaged over 2400 away fans last season and Manchester United don't give 10% of their capacity to away fans. 

15 minutes ago, wayne allisons tongues said:

Can I ask why the 1400 are having meetings with the club regards where they want to sit. Whilst the rest of the ground get no option, quite a few people moved out of the Atyeo to the south stand due to the relocation etc. of the away fans this season. Why haven't these fans been asked where they want to sit next season.

Why aren't supporters in other stands asked for there views. Where you sitting next year to see if there's space for people from the Atyeo in the other stands. 

If safe standing is put into Ashton Gate the next few seasons would they want to move there or would people who would have to move because of safe standing get first choice. 

People saying they like it in the Atyeo because they can swear etc. is fair enough but isn't it illegal to swear at football now? If so then moving stands isn't a problem.

Imagine how shit watching football can be

Archived