IGNORED

Season ticket prices 2016/2017

Snufflelufagus

Away fans Atyeo, singers South Stand Dolman corner, families somewhere else- perhaps South Stand Williams corner, seems easy.

Also, where has this 'Atyeo fans want to stay in the Atyeo' come from? No one asked me nor did I receive a mass participation email.

As it stands I will have to choose between staying with my friends in the Atyeo or joining my new fan fiance somewhere else- bizarre in a 30-40% empty stadium.

3 minutes ago, Red Homer said:

Sooooo, 6 pages in and I'm still none the wiser as to season ticket prices for next season. However, I do know that there is some sort of exclusive club in the Atyeo, Leeds averaged over 2400 away fans last season and Manchester United don't give 10% of their capacity to away fans. 

Can you summarise every thread? Would save me a lot of time reading..... good I expect them all summarised by 10am tomorrow ;)

9 minutes ago, 054123 said:

I got to page 3 and now you seem to be going round in circles mate.

As an Atyeo season ticket holder I completely agree with your case for it housing away fans.

The question you need to answer is where can I go to enjoy standing, singing and swearing?

I have no desire to sit hunched up in silence like the rest of the stadium. 

That's the answer we need to find. 

As I mentioned, I would have hoped the club would be more receptive to things in the SS now the corporate and Williams customers can move back to their historical home, thereby allowing more of us to join in.

If I'm going around in circles, I apologise and will forthwith shut up! :facepalm:

I do like the singers to be close to the away fans though. That would be my problem against the SS. That would leave the Atyeo side of the Dolman or new stand. I'd put them on the top section of the new stand closest to the Atyeo. Have them singing down onto the ground and everyone. The problem is when we have big crowds and the standing. There is no easy answer and that's why we have 6 pages. I want there to be a bigger section than 1000 singers. It could/should/would be so much bigger. 

The club don't really want us Atyeo hoolies in their shiny new stand. They want to extend the family section and the hospitality section is also in the SS. We were given the option of A&B of the Dolman or staying in the Atyeo. (Some people in those blocks of the Dolman have sat in their seats for 10 years plus.) The Atyeo was the preferred choice. 

3 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

The club don't really want us Atyeo hoolies in their shiny new stand. They want to extend the family section and the hospitality section is also in the SS. We were given the option of A&B of the Dolman or staying in the Atyeo. (Some people in those blocks of the Dolman have sat in their seats for 10 years plus.) The Atyeo was the preferred choice. 

The preferred choice of who? Have all the Atyeo STH been asked this question?

I don't mean this to sound antagonistic - a genuine question.

45 minutes ago, wayne allisons tongues said:

Can I ask why the 1400 are having meetings with the club regards where they want to sit. Whilst the rest of the ground get no option, quite a few people moved out of the Atyeo to the south stand due to the relocation etc. of the away fans this season. Why haven't these fans been asked where they want to sit next season.

Why aren't supporters in other stands asked for there views. Where you sitting next year to see if there's space for people from the Atyeo in the other stands. 

If safe standing is put into Ashton Gate the next few seasons would they want to move there or would people who would have to move because of safe standing get first choice. 

People saying they like it in the Atyeo because they can swear etc. is fair enough but isn't it illegal to swear at football now? If so then moving stands isn't a problem.

There is as much swearing in the rest of the ground as there is in the Atyeo.  Advantage is in the Atyeo if someone is doing your head in for whatever reason, you can move somewhere else...  

Personally, think those involved in providing a football ground rather than library atmosphere should be prioritised by the Club. Without them the 'When Saturday Comes' experience for most would be significantly diminished. 

Pity the Club didn't have a grand plan from the start. 

Always thought the Community Corner (whatever that was/is - as having used it without any 'community' on my part for all games I've attended this season I see no difference from any other part of the ground) would be the best place for the singers. Give the away fans the Atyeo and then not have to worry about matching ticket prices with any 'cheap' tickets in the same stand for the home supporters. Our  more 'edgy' singers (cough) will naturally occupy the  Dolman and West Stand sections next to the away fans. 

Simples.

4 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Those who attended the meeting as fan representatives I assume. Given that choice I believe they chose wisely, but the choice was crap imo.

9 minutes ago, Welcome To The Jungle said:

Those who attended the meeting as fan representatives I assume. Given that choice I believe they chose wisely, but the choice was crap imo.

Personally I would much preferred to have seen more densely populated home areas in three stands only, inclusive of the Atyeo crew at the end of the Dolman, rather than them staying in the Atyeo and leaving gaps elsewhere. I would also welcome the potentially large away followings of the likes of Leeds and Villa that this would then permit. I think large away crowds help us as much as them - it makes our fans more vocal and improves the atmosphere all round.

As someone who has been present at recent meetings with the club, and a current Atyeo season ticket holder, I'd like to put a few things straight in regard to a lot of the content of this thread.

1) First and foremost, I'd like to categorically deny that ANYONE has EVER mentioned anything about the price.  At the latest meeting, the club representatives brought this topic up themselves, and the unanimous response was that none of us could care less what they charged, we are happy in the Atyeo being able to stand, unreserved.  It is NOT about price for many in there and no one has EVER petitioned the club for lower prices.  I hope that's clear.

2) Next, the numbers game.  The Atyeo held just over 4000 prior to the redevelopment.  Approx 140 of these were the seats behind the old club shop (rail-seats) which were demolished, so the final figure currently is around the 3,900 mark.  The away allocation of 10% will be 2,650.  With a bit of segregation (no more than exists currently) and taking off 10% for the provision of 'unreserved', this will leave approx 1,050 for the home supporters.
We left the meeting with the club going away to work out the figures in terms of how many current ST holders in there (we think approx 1,400), and their survey which suggested a fair number would be moving on.  We're still awaiting the final details, but my guess is that there will be approx 1,050 available and for all current ST holders who want to renew in the Atyeo, there will be plenty.  @ciderup - if you want to join us next season, I'm sure there will be availability for you to do so - it's by no means going to be a 'closed' or 'exclusive' club.

3) The options.  There is an incredibly diverse set of football supporters at this club, and it's very probably the case that never the twain shall meet.
The South Stand East corner - The old East End corner is one option.  However, this has been set up in the rebuild as 'Community Corner'.  Within the structure of the building are classrooms and offices that are used by the Community Trust.  This corner is not an option for an unreserved area of boisterous supporters.  It is the family area now, and always will be - a lot of the 'kids' type stuff required for this area is in close proximity to the Community Trust classrooms and offices - it would be futile to move the families to, for example, the West Stand.
The South Stand West corner.  This is not an option for the unreserved boisterous supporters as it is in too close proximity to the corporate area of the Heineken Lounge.
The South Stand Central.  Not an option for unreserved - standing in the central blocks would impact the view of those in the SS corners and neighboring blocks.

So basically, the SS is ruled out for a variety of reasons.  Also, there are fans who have relocated there already and are probably happy with their seat and won't be moving.  If 1,000 fans came into the area and stood up in front of these people, they will probably not be too happy.

West Stand - Simply not an option due to the nature of support which will be housed - older chaps, corporate chaps and generally 'non-boisterous' chaps.
West Stand Upper - This is a closed off area and will only be used when we have sold out the rest of the ground.  We'd need to hit 22,500 in order to do so.  Future-ready - yes.  But not likely to be required just yet.
The club informed us at the recent meeting that the upper is definitely not an option for away fans either.  They do not want away fans 'above' our home supporters - particularly since those supporters will be the old chaps, corporate chaps and non-boisterous chaps.  Plus, there is provision for 100 or so media to be stationed at the front of this area.

So this brings us to the Dolman Stand.  The club figured the 1,400 current Atyeo ST's could slot nicely into the 1,400 seats in Blocks A & B.  Seems a fair idea.  However, when you consider that fans in this stand have probably been the only group who have NOT had to relocate during the build, and have in some cases had the same seat for decades, how would you feel if 1,000 chaps came and stood up in front of you.
I do not confess to knowing everyone who sits there, but between a group of us, we did try to ask the opinions of as many people we knew in that area, and the general consensus was that they did not want to be moved and would be quite peed off if S82 moved en masse into their area.  You could also get a feel for this in a previous thread on here a couple of weeks ago when this rumour first did the rounds.
Some have argued the case for future expansion, and that the Atyeo closes the growth potential.  I'd argue that situating ourselves in A & B also stifles the growth opportunity - can you really see those long-standing ST holders in C & D blocks upping sticks without reluctance in order to make way for unruly standing boisterous chaps.  Won't happen, and if it did, there'd be a helluva lot of upset fans.

So, the only conclusion we could draw was that remaining in the Atyeo meant as little disruption for our fellow supporters as possible.  If we move ANYWHERE else, there will be folks who are inconvenienced.  The best way to avoid any upset to anyone else, was to remain where we are.  As many have testified, the fact we are in the Atyeo, where everyone knows what to expect and accepts this, means it's the only viable solution.

4) Final comments.  The club have not pandered to the Atyeo supporters.  A group of us have thought long and hard about what the best options for all supporters might be, and got off of our asses and done something about it.  As a particular sub-set of supporters, we felt we were the only set not being accommodated in the rebuild - the families are set, the corporate are catered for, the older folk have their area, the non-boisterous chaps have their area and facilities.  We felt we were being invited into a culture which we do not really feel a part of.  We want to continue to grasp onto every piece of old football culture that we can.  This means we have had to fight hard to convince the club that there is a place for us, just as there is a place for all other sub-sets of supporter.
By housing S82 in the Atyeo, we are out of harms way.  Everyone else can get on with the enjoyment of the game in their own desired way, and we can too, without upsetting or inconveniencing anyone else.
Can the atmosphere grow?  Of course.  It's by no means a closed group - we hope to be able to expand unreserved standing, flags and banner waving into the lower corner of the Dolman.  But why should the creation of atmosphere be solely the remit of the Atyeo corner?  Everyone is perfectly capable of making noise.  You are all free to do so to your heart's content.  If the SS makes such excellent acoustics, then why don't a group of people get active in that area.  Nothing to stop flags being waved, songs being sung etc.  If you want it, do it.  S82 have taken action for the positive benefits of our own like-minded supporters.  Nothing to stop others doing the same.

I've continued to read the odd comment on here about the Atyeo fans thinking they are superior, or "superfans" as is often trotted out.  I refute this.  No one I know has ever claimed to have been any better than anyone else.  All we have done is take a stand and fought for the culture we want to enjoy our football within.  We like what we do, we have fun, we have an element of freedom - we just wanted that to continue and made a case for doing so.
If anyone wants to meet with the club and discuss with them the option of making the Atyeo all away fans, or making the pricing structure the same across the stadium etc etc, then please, feel free to do so.  I wont stop you.  So can we please stop all this "superfan, I want cheaper tickets" nonsense - it's a myth.  We just want to support the club in the manner and culture we enjoy the most - just like the rest of you.

2,650 is fine for an away allocation.  There may be a couple of times this sells-out next season (should we be in this division).  Bristol Sport need to create ways of selling the other 23,500 tickets to Bristol City fans.  With a regular support base of 15,000 over the last few seasons, there's no reason we can't.  With the right results, the right marketing and the right pricing, it can be done.  Should we reach the Prem, then the ground pretty much sells-out most weeks, so we needn't worry about the away allocation or empty seats were that to happen.

Its ridiculous how unplanned this all seems.  When last season they knew this would be a problem.  It seems a big shame to limit a noisy part of the ground to just a thousand or so. Especially when you compare the original plans of having a large part of the stadium having rail seats.  Whilst I know it's not the clubs fault about standing restrictions. 

Surely the lower dolman rake is safe for standing? I presume the main problem the club have moving the singer's have , is upsetting fans who want to keep there curent seats and nor do I blame anyone I'm happy in the ss now have no desire to move. 

The club should do all it can to support the minority of fans looking to prevent the ongoing death of the Ashton Gate atmosphere. It's got worse since the EE went (as was to be expected) but is still better than a lot of away grounds I go to. The only bad side of the Atyeo is that it's a minority and a limited capacity, compared to the away support in the same stand. It won't ever be our end, like the Kop or the yellow wall. I suppose we don't have enough fans willing to support such an atmosphere. Shame really, as that's a huge part of football for me.

Looks like safe standing isn't going to happen for at least another decade either.

The Park Enders aren't asking for much, just not to be moved again. All the other options are naff or make no logistical sense, and their request is simply to stay in the same place! People complainging about it for the sake of complaining.

4 minutes ago, ciderup said:

So it is a 'THEM' and 'us', not a 'we'? Division of the support as was suspected.

Now I understand.

No. You are simply arguing about semantics. Fans all of us are capable of doing things and making decisions for ourselves.

42 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

It's hard for an independent group of friends to survey the opinion of every fan in the ground.  We've asked as many people as we know whether they'd like to see us in A/B Dolman, and the consensus in there did not want it.  And there are no other options available.  That may very well not be EVERYONE'S opinion.  But we are just fighting for what we want. If you want something different, go fight for it too.

If it means 25 of us are standing in the Atyeo by ourselves because 1,375 others decided they wanted to go somewhere else, then so be it.  We will still have a great time.

Ok - would support wherever the singers are happiest. Hats off to them. 

Still think the Community Corner is a bit of a myth. Don't see any evidence of more kids in this area than any other. As for any 'community facilities' located in this area, I've not passed any blackboards or bouncy castles on the way to my seat or locations where they could be placed. Just handy for the bars and bogs, so maybe they just want to catch them young. 

If there are rooms buried in somewhere in the stand nearby, well, I'm sure a little walk of 100 metres to a section of the South Stand say below the Heinkein Lounge would be good exercise for them. 

Good luck to the singers and their organisers though. Keep up your excellent work. Despite the bitchy comments on here from a few, you're efforts are much appreciated by the many.

1 hour ago, ciderup said:

As I mentioned, I would have hoped the club would be more receptive to things in the SS now the corporate and Williams customers can move back to their historical home, thereby allowing more of us to join in.

If I'm going around in circles, I apologise and will forthwith shut up! :facepalm:

But there are already supporters who relocated there from other parts of the ground who are happy with their seat.  Should the club plonk 1,000 tanked up neanderthals in front of them?  Aren't we best off being isolated from the rest - this way we don't piss anyone off.

To cut a very long story short regarding atmosphere.... 

If you want noise, then get a group together, meet up the pub, head down the ground and sing your heart out. 

If you want visuals,Banners, flags, scarves etc then buy something online.

before you know it you are creating an atmosphere. Sometimes it takes one person to bite the bullet and kick start it ....

1 hour ago, cynic said:

WTF has a Dutch club got to do with this ?

And why should supporters be autonomous - that is just divisive.

The club should just get on with it - they made a rod for their own back by inviting opinion from supporters like this.

They should have just built the stadium and let people congregate organically.

Now we have this sort of thing clouding the issue.

I'm now firmly in the "give the Atyeo to the away fans" camp and lets get the SS rocking - the acoustics are way better than the Atyeo and there are more in there anyway. It will eventually take over as the main vocal support anyway due to numbers and sound imo.

If you want the SS to rock, then please, feel free to do so.  The fans in the Atyeo are there because that's where we want to be, out of harms way of everyone else.  There's nothing to stop a group of you sitting together and starting some songs off.  Try it, it might catch on.  In the meantime, I'll stand in the Atyeo and enjoy supporting my team the way I want to.  And by being there, I don't piss anyone else off by standing in front of them, waving a flag and blocking their view, being in their allocated seat, upsetting their ears with my words etc etc.  I'm happy where I am.  If you want to rock the SS, then please, go for it.  The more noise around the ground, the better.

4 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

It was only a year ago the club were discussing housing the Atyeo fans in one part of the South Stand.

Pray, what has changed?

I presume the main reason could be the community corner and family area ?

Although I think people forget we can recreate the old ways and come next season wouldn't be surprised to see big gaps in the dolman for another "noisy " could be created however people have to choose to organise this and I think is just the changing of times.

Another idea is if the club created student cheap blocks , could be a good way of creating atmosphere. But doubt the club would want to steward this but if away from away fans don't see a problem.  

I'm not from the standing era but if we could recreate anything near the palace semi final (home leg ) at most games . It  truly would be amazing! We might of got this had the club stuck to making the SS a new east end but it appears the club doesn't want this type of support or don't think they would sell enough tickets ? 

1 hour ago, wayne allisons tongues said:

Can I ask why the 1400 are having meetings with the club regards where they want to sit. Whilst the rest of the ground get no option, quite a few people moved out of the Atyeo to the south stand due to the relocation etc. of the away fans this season. Why haven't these fans been asked where they want to sit next season.

Why aren't supporters in other stands asked for there views.

1400 people have not met with the club.  A bunch of us who are passionate about wanting to have a place for all-types of supporter have got off their asses and asked the club to listen to them.  If you have a passionate view one way or the other, then speak to the club about it.  We can't speak for everyone, as there will never be a day where you can please everyone.  We've done what we wanted for ourselves, and I'm confident a lot of those in the Atyeo feel the same.  Some won't - and it's their own personal choice if they want to sit somewhere else.  No one is stopping people from moving to the Dolman or SS if they so desire.  We just want to stay where we are, and I'm sure I speak for a fair number of current Atyeo ST holders.
Your quote "the rest of the ground get no option" is really quite silly.  You have the option to sit anywhere you want.  I, however, in order to do what I want to do, have very limited options.

21 minutes ago, Harry said:

It's hard for an independent group of friends to survey the opinion of every fan in the ground.  We've asked as many people as we know whether they'd like to see us in A/B Dolman, and the consensus in there did not want it.  And there are no other options available.  That may very well not be EVERYONE'S opinion.  But we are just fighting for what we want. If you want something different, go fight for it too.

If it means 25 of us are standing in the Atyeo by ourselves because 1,375 others decided they wanted to go somewhere else, then so be it.  We will still have a great time.

Fair enough Harry. Be assured it wasn't a criticism, just a question. I have no vested interest as I'm a non-STH regular in whatever stand I can get three together!

Is it not possible to move the away fans back to the Dolman side of the atyeo then have the Dolman blocks close to for over flow when they bring large away followings?

I've not been in the Dolman since the revamp but if you take Wembley for example they have segregation that can be pulled across where and when required. Is this not a possibility?  We could then sell A block to home fans when not required by the away fans. For season ticket holders currently in the block- they could sit there for the majority of the season but when Leeds etc come to town they could simply be moved one block over.

That way you could even have a larger home support in the atyeo. 

It would also have the benefit of allowing bigger away followings but would help break up any atmosphere they try to create by dividing them up a bit.

As I say it would be very reliant on segregation in the Dolman and I haven't been in so I don't know how possible it is!

Also for those saying section 82 etc are a shut off group-  you couldn't be more wrong. I'm an exile who used to travel home and away by himself.  Nowadays I stand with two good friends and meet plenty of others regularly home and away who I know from standing with at games in the EE, the Williams and now the atyeo.

2 minutes ago, cider-manc said:

Is it not possible to move the away fans back to the Dolman side of the atyeo then have the Dolman blocks close to for over flow when they bring large away followings?

I've not been in the Dolman since the revamp but if you take Wembley for example they have segregation that can be pulled across where and when required. Is this not a possibility?  We could then sell A block to home fans when not required by the away fans. For season ticket holders currently in the block- they could sit there for the majority of the season but when Leeds etc come to town they could simply be moved one block over.

That way you could even have a larger home support in the atyeo. 

It would also have the benefit of allowing bigger away followings but would help break up any atmosphere they try to create by dividing them up a bit.

As I say it would be very reliant on segregation in the Dolman and I haven't been in so I don't know how possible it is!

Also for those saying section 82 etc are a shut off group-  you couldn't be more wrong. I'm an exile who used to travel home and away by himself.  Nowadays I stand with two good friends and meet plenty of others regularly home and away who I know from standing with at games in the EE, the Williams and now the atyeo.

Think the point being made was there would only be 1000 tickets available which are already accounted for, so there would be no scope for more people joining them in the Atyeo due to the away supporters being housed there also.

Wow, there's a lot of discussion about where the so called singers will go next season. Good luck, but just an observation from the middle of the Dolman. You don't really sound all that loud nor are you particularly visible tucked up in the corner of the Atyeo. I think that from where I sit  the South stand seems at times louder to be honest, though not so constant. So reducing the numbers for next season won't help the noisy support objective IMO

2 minutes ago, hodge said:

Think the point being made was there would only be 1000 tickets available which are already accounted for, so there would be no scope for more people joining them in the Atyeo due to the away supporters being housed there also.

Ah right- sorry perhaps I got a little defensive there without reason!

Another reason why if we should (if possible) divide the away fans between the atyeo and the Dolman as we could then increase the amount of home fans behind the goal.

Archived