IGNORED

Season ticket prices 2016/2017

Snufflelufagus

9 hours ago, ciderup said:

So it is a 'THEM' and 'us', not a 'we'? Division of the support as was suspected.

Now I understand.

Blimey coming across as a bit of a WUM there fella.I'm glad I'm over 100 yards from you next season as your attitude appears rather more divisive than a group of fans who like it where they are.

8 hours ago, Harry said:

No one I know in the Atyeo calls ourselves the "singing section".  We are just like-minded folk who happen to want to support our team in a different way.  I sing my ass off all game, I wish others would too.  The fact you maybe can't hear us is that enough others don't join in.  Do you sing?  If not, why not?
I enjoy the atmosphere we create.  If it doesn't transmit as far as your seat, maybe you should be asking questions of those who DON'T sing, rather than those that DO.

I didn't say I couldn't hear you, I said that at times the S stand was louder.

I go to watch the game, cheer, groan, curse the opposition, the officials and away fans. As do many around me. A very long time ago, when the east end was just the covered end we would all bring bugles, horns, rattles etc to make noise. Packed like sardines behind the goal from front to back we would all surge forward a few steps when we scored or went close. More noise and atmosphere. More intense and hostile. No one organised anything, they didn't have to, it just grew. Difficult to explain if you weren't there. No comparison to the match day experience these days. Different times, different era. 

That aside, it seems if you want to grow and make more noise, reducing your numbers and staying in the corner of the Atyeo is unlikely to achieve that IMO. But as I previously said, good luck.

"That aside, it seems if you want to grow and make more noise, reducing your numbers and staying in the corner of the Atyeo is unlikely to achieve that IMO. But as I previously said, good luck".

using the bottom deck of the dolman and having a fans pub is highly likely to do just that.it could be exceptional.

Painful reading this.

As part of the group, people felt disrupting fans in the Dolman stand is simply not on and as that was the only alternative it was important to make it clear that we do not want to move (for a 5th time during the rebuild). The L shape round to the lower Dolman could be an area for growth should things be rubber stamped. But more than that, it could be something very special indeed.

1 hour ago, Dollymarie said:

You missed out moved within the Atyeo twice this season. 4 times in three seasons. This is part of the reason we'd just like a permanent home that we know we can stay in. 

If SLs plan/dream to get to the Prem is realised the Atyeo may well be the next area to be redeveloped, so you would be moved again at a time when the shifting around inside the stadium had been long completed.

isnt it better to relocate now to the SS which would be a permanent move with almost unlimited growth potential to add to the singers group, it could resemble the Kop or the Stretford end.......think big, not short term. 

26 minutes ago, Puckle_red said:

Painful reading this.

As part of the group, people felt disrupting fans in the Dolman stand is simply not on and as that was the only alternative it was important to make it clear that we do not want to move (for a 5th time during the rebuild). The L shape round to the lower Dolman could be an area for growth should things be rubber stamped. But more than that, it could be something very special indeed.

Whilst I respect the respect shown to the current Dolmanites, is there not a danger that those same fans will up sticks and head for the superior facilities (and same side-on view) offered by the West Stand anyway?

I guess my point is, as there will be lots of migration of fans from one area to another next season anyway, with plenty of options, would it have been that unreasonable to have moved the Atyeo group into the Dolman at this point in time?

I just worry that by using 3.5 stands for home fans, there will be an awful lot of gaps. Three dedicated home stands makes the most sense to me.

Just playing devils advocate here though - I can see all sides to this argument.

11 minutes ago, Countryfile said:

If SLs plan/dream to get to the Prem is realised the Atyeo may well be the next area to be redeveloped, so you would be moved again at a time when the shifting around inside the stadium had been long completed.

isnt it better to relocate now to the SS which would be a permanent move with almost unlimited growth potential to add to the singers group, it could resemble the Kop or the Stretford end.......think big, not short term

The idea of the Atyeo - Atyeo Pub - Lower Dolman is looking towards the long term. The potential is there to do something different, certainly unlike what occurs at most clubs. That potential if realised can then affect the redevelopments next stage if, and when it occurs.

13 minutes ago, WTMS said:

The idea of the Atyeo - Atyeo Pub - Lower Dolman is looking towards the long term. The potential is there to do something different, certainly unlike what occurs at most clubs. That potential if realised can then affect the redevelopments next stage if, and when it occurs.

Where would the Atyeo fans move to if it is knocked down for redevelopment?

It's ok looking short term but has anyone asked the club what its plans for that stand are for the next 5 years.? 

Everyone in the ground has had to relocate at some point, some more than others, but surely the sensible option is to now find a permanent home for this section of fans. If not could be back to square one in the next few years.

It's ok looking short term but has anyone asked the club what its plans for that stand are for the next 5 years.? 

Bristol City - Bristol Sport are considering creating a City themed pub within the Atyeo. If that occurs it will not be there for a few months.

Fans are looking long term. As long term as they can because ultimately Mr Lansdown will not be revealing his plans at the bequest of Otib, the SC&T, Derek of the Atyeo, or anybody else.

In the meantime fans have decided to do something positive with the stand they are in now. Do it right, well enough Mr Lansdown and Bristol Sport may include them further in shaping whatever the future holds for the Atyeo stand.

1 hour ago, Three Lions said:

"I'm the only season ticket holder in the Atyeo, but there was a general view amongst us that the Atyeo makes the most sense".

Thought so. Maybe the supporters trust to should be getting digged out too for having a view that not pissing people off makes sense!!!

Not entirely sure why people are upset. 

Fans DON'T need to move seats and no one gets inconvenienced but still people get a proper cob on. 

Only at City.

25 minutes ago, wayne allisons tongues said:

Everyone in the ground has had to relocate at some point, some more than others, but surely the sensible option is to now find a permanent home for this section of fans. If not could be back to square one in the next few years.

But in 30 or 40 years time, the stadium will probably need another redevelopment . 

So planning for the long term, I suggest Section82 pick up their hover-boards and agree to watch games down the virtual reality bar (table reservation plans still to be agreed).

Just with the comments from fans in that section they want to create something is all well and good. But also comments of if its successful it will be incorporated else where?

Where will it be incorporated if they don't want to move people now why move them in say 5 years? 

Just seems a bit we make the noise and we will go somewhere when we have to move so tough attitude. Why not just move now for there will be plenty of movement this season with people going to the west stand and create a space.

10 hours ago, Frenchay Red said:

Wow, there's a lot of discussion about where the so called singers will go next season. Good luck, but just an observation from the middle of the Dolman. You don't really sound all that loud nor are you particularly visible tucked up in the corner of the Atyeo. I think that from where I sit  the South stand seems at times louder to be honest, though not so constant. So reducing the numbers for next season won't help the noisy support objective IMO

Don't say that, you will get slaughtered for merely commenting that you can't hear them (I did). All I said that the noise must bypass  Dolman since they moved recently (from where the away fans now sit) as you just can't hear or see them which is a shame as they seem to go to a lot of effort with flags, banners and balloons etc. I come back from games and read how great it was but being at the game I have been unaware.

I was told if I didn't like it to get off my ass and do something, which wasn't my point at all. 

5 minutes ago, Barrs Court Red said:

You can't stand in the SS. Probably the biggest factor to this decision.

I think the club lost this argument when they allowed that block to stand in the Williams personally. The singers should have been allowed unreserved seating (standing) in the centre block of the SS as soon as it opened, the Eastenders would have been back in their spiritual home, that's what I always understood to be happening. Instead now they have bedded down in the Atyeo and the club have a problem of their own making now.

7 minutes ago, RedM said:

I think the club lost this argument when they allowed that block to stand in the Williams personally. The singers should have been allowed unreserved seating (standing) in the centre block of the SS as soon as it opened, the Eastenders would have been back in their spiritual home, that's what I always understood to be happening. Instead now they have bedded down in the Atyeo and the club have a problem of their own making now.

Although difficult to prove, I certainly was convinced the club were trying to dilute and ultimately kill off that 'type' of support about this time last year. It's really disappointing the club didn't consider this 'group' (for want of a better word) in the rebuild. 

I think there's lots of people who like what they do and want to get involved but aren't in the Atyeo. The club should have put the now S82 in the SS from the outset and given them the same respect and consideration it gave other 'types' of supporter when designing the stadium. All my views of course and can't be proved, but I feel this is true.

Given the Atyeo fans have been allowed to stand in places which used to be only sitting/no standing why not press this issue with the club to see it they can get a standing section in the SS. If the fans said they wanted to be there next season and outlined all the potential positives I think the club would be hard pressed to say it wouldn't be a good idea.

1 hour ago, wayne allisons tongues said:

If (big if) the Atyeo end is redeveloped, it wouldn't necessarily mean demolishing the current stand. This is relatively new with good leg room. All that would be required is a second tier built behind the existing stand, and those in the Atyeo could remain there during construction. Liverpool are doing this to expand their main stand - see video below  

It would require the purchase of all the houses behind the existing stand. There would also need to be a sound business case based on regular attendances well in excess of 27,000. Both a bit unlikely in the foreseeable future  

24 minutes ago, RedM said:

I agree,but there appears no backing down now by the club on standing in the SS.

Given that ,everyone should stop moaning and get behind anyone trying to create an atmosphere !

Regarding away fans in the Dolman,I remember Plymouth were given A & B blocks once,can't remember why.

Half a dozen of us sat in our seats in B block as we didn't think it right,lasted till half time,happy days.

14 hours ago, WTMS said:

You do have the opportunity to act autonomously in the South Stand.

Fans in the Atyeo are looking to include others via the Atyeo pub and lower Dolman.  There is real scope there to do something significant and different with support looking at twinning ideas with a certain Dutch club, sponsorship of décor via local pubs, and more.

Why would we want fans of other clubs to have an input on what the Atyeo Pub looks like?!? 

1 minute ago, CyderInACan said:

Why would we want fans of other clubs to have an input on what the Atyeo Pub looks like?!? 

You are making reference to something different - Twinning links. Bristol Sport showed interest in the connection between fans of Bristol City and Willem II. A connection that continues to grow season to season and at Ashton Gate is mostly significantly supported by fans in the Atyeo and Dolman A-B.

11 hours ago, Rich said:

I'd imagine that about three thousand will be relocating back to the Williams, probably four thousand moved across and I'd imagine most would want to return. From those I've spoken to, the majority are going back. Though it is a good view for an end.

But what if all the people currently in the South Stand renew their season tickets and want to stay where they are. This is possible. So there would be virtually no room for any other big groups to move in.

15 hours ago, WTMS said:

It is not a club, It is not exclusive. Intent is there to widen efforts into the Dolman via the Atyeo pub and lower Dolman. Fans in other stands are supportive of the efforts of those in the Atyeo, examples being flags, poles etc being donated to fans in the Atyeo. . 

So yes it is hoped that other fans can join in. It is hoped that the Atyeo may make Bristol City and Bristol Sport look further at what it does e.g. club policies within other stands to help create a more vibrant fan culture at BCFC.

It is exclusive when only 1000 can be in it. I remember in the past when only limited numbers were allowed in the EE we were begging the club to allow more in to expand this great culture. Now you seem to have shifted from that to having a closed shop.

The Atyeo should be the away stand with tickets sold in blocks like other clubs do depending on support, I wouldnt even consider having home fans in there nestled in the corner just looks daft and unpractical would only use it if we needed it as a spill over area.

34 minutes ago, WTMS said:

You are making reference to something different - Twinning links. Bristol Sport showed interest in the connection between fans of Bristol City and Willem II. A connection that continues to grow season to season and at Ashton Gate is mostly significantly supported by fans in the Atyeo and Dolman A-B.

I think you vastly over-estimate how much this "connection" is taken seriously by the club and fans, mind. 

Archived