IGNORED

Season ticket prices 2016/2017

Snufflelufagus

1 hour ago, One Team In Keynsham said:

Moving the Ateyo home supporters to the top tier of a new stand, which presently does not exist in a usable form, let alone have seats occupied by others, inconveniences no other home supporters.  Would it be popular with the Ateyo supporters?  Probably not.

Potentially that would be the dearest place in the stadium to sit, or perhaps the 2nd most expensive behind the lower Williams? Not sure if the Atyeo fans would want to make that leap? Surely the new Williams is our showpiece stand, the Dolman has been revamped 'below stairs' but up above although the view is good the cramped seating and poor exits make it very much the Williams' poor cousin.

not sure if we can stick the away fans in their either, can we make them pay higher than our tickets?

2 minutes ago, ciderup said:

I didn't say I had PF but don't want to cause the discussion to lower itself to becoming a bitching session. We've discussed this nicely at length before and I think some may get a tad defensive so I'll leave it there bud.

Fair enough, I can totally see your points about it and agree mostly. Think it's a no-win situation overall sadly!

In the 2014/15 season ONE team took, on average, more than 2,500 travelling fans to its away fixtures.  That team was Leeds.

Average number of away fans at Ashton Gate? Only 426. Now I know that was League 1...but still, it's hardly a horde every week is it?  The average away attendance in the Championship was 1,400.

http://www.football-league.co.uk/news/article/2015/football-league-attendance-analysis-2598261.aspx

I guess my point is that providing 4,000 lovely Atyeo seats will, for most matches, be a massive case of overkill.

3 hours ago, Loon plage said:

I find it a bit odd that some people on here want to give away fans more space than they are entitled to.

Lets go the whole hog and let Leeds have the entire West stand next season..

As others have stated, the counter argument to this is that we are effectively turning down money by limiting away attendances for clubs who would take a full allocation.  Plus, by keeping fans in the Atyeo, we are spreading our own fans over a larger area, which leaves more empty seats and does nothing for the atmosphere.

Personally I welcome large away followings.  They help generate a better atmosphere overall in the stadium, as it tends to spur on our own support, as well as the sound they generate themselves.  I don't think the net effect is of any advantage to the opposition as long as our own support responds.

(This does not mean I am advocating giving Leeds the whole West Stand btw)

27 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I've seen your posts on another forum where another poster put you straight on this, Atyeo fans haven't requested the lower ticket prices. It's a myth!

51 minutes ago, NOTBLUE said:

For once and for all,they have never asked for lower prices.

I have never said the fans did ask for lower prices, however they still got them and fans in the other stands didn't exactly ask to be charged near extortionate prices on return to the championship, it cost me something like £36 to watch from the second row bottom corner of the Dolman, so the view is worse than in the Atyeo where its cheaper, seems fair, I don't use the other facilities in the stand as I'm there to watch the match so they're of little benefit.

2 minutes ago, havanatopia said:

I say we give maximum 3,000 tickets to away fans but give them all of the Atyeo.

For FA Cup I understand we have to give more if requested.

Would that please both sides of the argument?

Where do the singers go? Why would we want 3000 of them able to make noise unopposed behind a goal?

11 minutes ago, Robin1988 said:

What's generic and soulless about the SS compared to the Atyeo, for instance, just moving off on a tangent for a moment?

Aside from having what's left of the words 'Bristol City' (although it looks more like Bris Ol Citv now) and not having any corners, I don't get the difference. It's possible to make a decent noise inside the SS, as we've seen this season.

Its just my view but it looks to me like any other stand in the country with everyone sat down. The club had the chance to create something unique but didn't - no doubt someone can fill in the details of that.

I see the SS as being somewhere you'd be happy to take your mum - I don't mean to cause any offence by that statement just that I genuinely don't see a happy marriage if the Atyeo lot were moved en masse to the SS and I think a lot of SC holders in the SS wouldn't particularly want a load of occasionally foul mouthed old men standing near them and possibly affecting their enjoyment.

3 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

In the 2014/15 season ONE team took, on average, more than 2,500 travelling fans to its away fixtures.  That team was Leeds.

Average number of away fans at Ashton Gate? Only 426. Now I know that was League 1...but still, it's hardly a horde every week is it?

http://www.football-league.co.uk/news/article/2015/football-league-attendance-analysis-2598261.aspx

I guess my point is that providing 4,000 lovely Atyeo seats will, for most matches, be a massive case of overkill.

But if you only give them 2,000 that leaves 25,000 for home fans.....also massive overkill!

1 minute ago, Loon plage said:

Its just my view but it looks to me like any other stand in the country with everyone sat down. The club had the chance to create something unique but didn't - no doubt someone can fill in the details of that.

I see the SS as being somewhere you'd be happy to take your mum - I don't mean to cause any offence by that statement just that I genuinely don't see a happy marriage if the Atyeo lot were moved en masse to the SS and I think a lot of SC holders in the SS wouldn't particularly want a load of occasionally foul mouthed old men standing near them and possibly affecting their enjoyment.

Agree about the SS design. Totally underwhelming in my eyes. They had a chance to make a great looking end, and with a few tweaks to the existing design it could have been.

4 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Exactly my view. Shame the design doesn't enable away support in (say) dolman a+b with a segregated concourse with the entire Atyeo as home. That's an ideal scenario for me, allows interaction with our fans and away support but home fans behind both goals.

Too late now - but the club had a chance to design this correctly and have missed it.

Absolutely agree.

In an ideal world there would be just City fans behind each goal - that would definitely have been my aim when redeveloping the ground.

With what seems to have been decided at least we retain a noisy section in the Atyeo urging our lads on and to some extent nullifying the away support, so I'd say it's the next best thing.

1 minute ago, hodge said:

I have never said the fans did ask for lower prices, however they still got them and fans in the other stands didn't exactly ask to be charged near extortionate prices on return to the championship, it cost me something like £36 to watch from the second row bottom corner of the Dolman, so the view is worse than in the Atyeo where its cheaper, seems fair, I don't use the other facilities in the stand as I'm there to watch the match so they're of little benefit.

So your remark was just sarcastic then,look I will pay the going rate,I was expecting to pay more this season and was quite prepared to do so.you could always of got a ticket in the Atyeo if you wanted a lower price.

6 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

But if you only give them 2,000 that leaves 25,000 for home fans.....also massive overkill!

Not at all.

2,700 will be given and that 10% is the very maximum clubs are expected to give, not the minimum.

30 minutes ago, Loon plage said:

Thing is ciderup I don't personally want to move as I can live with comparitively shite facilities. Rather than compel people to move into what appears frankly to be a generic soulless stand the club should be thinking about how to fill the empty seats and I think very cheap kids tickets is a good start. I can guarantee you the type of noise generated would not be appreciated by everyone in the SS and that's where the issues start. Plus of course people are currently used to being able to stand in unallocated areas (like the East end) I don't think you could or should permit that in a stand where everyone else is happily sat.

The last point has been covered by others before me but how many away teams would actually fill the Atyeo -Leeds ? Wednesday if they were doing well? Derby maybe?

There are no doubt stats available that shows how many fans travel per club and i'd be amazed of many regularly take over 2k. Also away followings often make more noise than the home fans so almost doubling that would give the visitors all the help they need !

Have you sat in the SS? The acoustics are excellent. Far better than the Atyeo.

1 minute ago, cynic said:

Leeds had the largest away average last season - 2,774.

Other than that only Middlesbrough and Derby averaged over 2,000.

Our 10% allocation of 2,700 is more than enough.

Exactly. The average away following was 1,400.

Only Fulham (2,788) hosted more than 2,000 away fans on average.

I'm repeating myself but increased away fans does not mean more revenue it will mean increased costs in policing and stewarding. No increased sales in the shop.

Villa give 2900 tickets to away fans. They used to be behind the goal but they moved them same as chelsea, Newcastle and other PL clubs as the clubs felt if affected the atmosphere unduly. 

As someone else said look at the effect we have when we take 1000's away. I for one would hate being on the end of the that. I'm sure the team would as well. 

I like the ss but prefer the atyeo so am biased. 

7 minutes ago, Just Red said:

Have you sat in the SS? The acoustics are excellent. Far better than the Atyeo.

Perhaps but I don't personally like sitting so wouldn't be going to the SS. Plenty of people do and if that's all you have known (young person) or have a need to sit then fair enough but not for me.

2 minutes ago, Loon plage said:

Indeed and I think away allocations at Old Trafford are more like 4000 rather than 7500 ?

Away numbers in the PL are generally very low, one reason often given why arrests are down, and why there is often much more 'vociferous' support, not just in numbers, at F.A. Cup games.

I believe most PL clubs go by the rule of giving 10%, but up to a maximum of 3,000, and as far as I'm aware Man.Utd are no different.

They want to sell as many ST's as possible, so in reality Man.Utd. give no more away tickets than other PL club's with half their capacity.

City fans hoping for huge away allocations if we ever get to the PL are going to be sorely disappointed.

Isn't the more pertinent question this: How many seats do "The Singers" need?

Once you know that then you can start to look at where to suggest they go.  If you need no more than 1,000 then you can basically leave the Atyeo as it is this season.

That would give you up to 2,700 for away fans (although as the stats show it will normally not need to be anywhere near this number), 300 odd seats as a buffer and then around 1,000 for the vociferous and (hopefully) jubilant home fans.

As a note I enjoy both atmospheres.  At away games I love a sing song and a chant but when I visit Ashton Gate I tend to bring along my 60-year old dad.  He's not such a fan of standing, swearing, shouting, or singing and so we normally try and grab some seats in the Dolman (or next season in the West).

However you get clubs like MK and Preston who are prepared to give over very large allocations, Preston with a lower capacity then we'll have next season for example, they give over the whole stand should the away team request it pretty much.

2 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Isn't the more pertinent question this: How many seats do "The Singers" need?

Once you know that then you can start to look at where to suggest they go.  If you need no more than 1,000 then you can basically leave the Atyeo as it is this season.

That would give you up to 2,700 for away fans (although as the stats show it will normally not need to be anywhere near this number), 300 odd seats as a buffer and then around 1,000 for the vociferous and (hopefully) jubilant home fans.

As a note I enjoy both atmospheres.  At away games I love a sing song and a chant but when I visit Ashton Gate I tend to bring along my 60-year old dad.  He's not such a fan of standing, swearing, shouting, or singing and so we normally try and grab some seats in the Dolman (or next season in the West).

Yep.

45 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Why?

There is no necessity to increase the away allocation if we get to the PL.

Many, if not most, PL clubs in fact give over far less than 10% to away fans.

The Premier League rulebook states 10 per cent must be 'made available' for stadia under 30k. So there would be at least some disruption.

9 minutes ago, bemmyredjeff said:

Lets see how long it takes some of you lot to start moaning about how sparse the ground looks  next season because we are using 4 sides.

8 minutes ago, hodge said:

However you get clubs like MK and Preston who are prepared to give over very large allocations, Preston with a lower capacity then we'll have next season for example, they give over the whole stand should the away team request it pretty much.

Firstly do ticket deals. Kids for a quid. Repeat the deals of last season etc.

Secondly one of those clubs has no history so is trying to get fans who already support other clubs. Preston are in an area where there are god knows how many clubs with in an hour of them we don't

We have a massive catchment area and should use it

I don't get why some us see us as a small club. 7th largest city etc. 

I don't care what the rule book says PL clubs do not give each other 10%

2 minutes ago, twodogs said:

Firstly do ticket deals. Kids for a quid. Repeat the deals of last season etc.

Secondly one of those clubs has no history so is trying to get fans who already support other clubs. Preston are in an area where there are god knows how many clubs with in an hour of them we don't

We have a massive catchment area and should use it

I don't get why some us see us as a small club. 7th largest city etc. 

If we were likely to sell out the home allocation next season with fans in the Atyeo I'd agree it wouldn't be needed but given we likely won't we will have lots of empty seats in the home end.

Archived