IGNORED

Queue on tickets website

semblar

The booking fee is a bit of a joke really as it makes the advertised prices completely redundant. 

I know it's only a couple of quid but hate being skimmed, wish they would factor these administration costs in from the outset.I thought bringing in ticket sales in house was so we would avoid these charges .. load of shite

10 minutes ago, mickeygeeee said:

Current phone q time is 21 minutes.... Very helpful once answered. I wanted to add a (new) rugby season ticket to my current football one, and there was no way of doing this on line- so phone it was. Hope Bristol don't muck up this time! 

18 minutes and counting according to my phone. I'm trying to speak to someone about Saturday's home game, thought I'd take advantage of the later opening hours. 

Not successful for me today when trying to renew. Website wouldn't accept payment. Waited for 26 mins on the phone before trying and failing again online. Then tried phoning again but was in the queue for 36 mins - gave up just after 8pm assuming I wouldn't get through. I'll try again tomorrow but  I feel annoyed about the wasted time today. I'd much rather just be able to pop down to the ground to renew and it seems ridiculous that's not an option.

6 hours ago, The Original OTIB said:

2,866 West Stand Lower sold now, I calculate. Only 440 more than this morning. Getting there I suppose. Not exactly a mad dash.

W12 - 16 are fairly well sold, just front few rows left in 12 and 16, looks priced about right. W11 & W17 are almost empty suggesting they are overpriced.

I have just released 3 together about half way up the Dolman E29.

Tried a few times on the phone but either didn't even put me in the queue or the wait was too long.

Online it says my ticket has already been purchased (same msg as ciderhead) so no success today.

It is piss poor really and I recall I had issues last year too with the web site which meant I had to phone up.

I hope City provide a better service to new customers or they will miss out on business. If I was a new customer I'd be so unimpressed at how difficult it was to buy a ticket I wouldn't bother.

I renew once a year, they have my DD details...in this day and age I should just be able to respond 'YES' to a text message and it's all done!

6 hours ago, BigAlToby&Liam said:

Me and the boys have seats in Family area. We're planning to renew and get another for Theo.

Equally might want to move to perhaps South Stand. Last year Toby and Liam were both U12 and enjoyed their free shirts. And I enjoyed £50 each!

This year though Toby is 12 at the end of this month. I'm guessing it'll be me, 2 U12s and an U19. 

I'll log on tonight but anyone know if that would be the case? And can I add another U12 now or do I need to wait? And can we move now if we want to?

Even with an up and down season £30-odd per month for the 3 of us has represented excellent value for money - even if the boys haven't always been to all the games - ex husband and ex wife weekends!

Perhaps it's me. Or the iPad. Or the stiff gin and tonic I poured myself.....

I've given up tonight. I'd hoped to renew but add one. Happy to stay in Family area but it's far from easy to get another ticket. Perhaps it's not allowed until more are released - although I can see a number of seats that appear to be free in the row in front of us.

I'll take me chances on the phone tomorrow.......

3 minutes ago, BigAlToby&Liam said:

Perhaps it's me. Or the iPad. Or the stiff gin and tonic I poured myself.....

I've given up tonight. I'd hoped to renew but add one. Happy to stay in Family area but it's far from easy to get another ticket. Perhaps it's not allowed until more are released - although I can see a number of seats that appear to be free in the row in front of us.

I'll take me chances on the phone tomorrow.......

I think you`ll be OK in the family section - it`s bigger this year and there were spaces in there last.

1 hour ago, Masala said:

Can't pay online either. As soon as enter card details and pay I get a Transaction failed message. Oh well, I'll queue on the phone again,

Probably just me,but where it says name on card I was putting my name not Visa or whatever,came up with same message.Put card type and it went through.

37 minutes ago, Kingcider said:

Probably just me,but where it says name on card I was putting my name not Visa or whatever,came up with same message.Put card type and it went through.

Last season I didn't have a season ticket but would buy through the forever members scheme . The ticketing system would never accept my debit card and tell me the name was wrong but if I used my credit card with the same bank (first direct) it would always work first go. Got to be something with city's card payment system.

Just renewed and amended ours. Emailed last night as gin and tiredness got the better of me and iPad and trying to do it online was driving me nuts. Anyway a nice humorous email reply and 15 minutes speaking to the excellent Nick got everything sorted.

One U12 is now an U19 and an extra U12 and seats in the row in front of where we have been this season.

Bristol Sport have done an excellent job. Toby knows and he's delighted!

All on interest free finance over 10 months. Another season of Championship football sorted out for 4 at £55pm. Can't beat it :yes:

• Admin
33 minutes ago, BigAlToby&Liam said:

All on interest free finance over 10 months

Someone better at maths than me could probably work this out, but notice there is a one off payment of £25

How would that work out if there was no payment, but you ended paying £25 in interest?

32 minutes ago, phantom said:

Someone better at maths than me could probably work this out, but notice there is a one off payment of £25

How would that work out if there was no payment, but you ended paying £25 in interest?

On mine in the Ateyo it was around 8%. Not sure how the payment plan works but as it's over 10 payments not 12 equals the equivalent p.a rate could be higher, but then the Ateyo is the cheapest seats so the percentage comparison would be highest there.

It's a good option for those that it suits but it does come at a cost. 

it's £25, but you do not get the £2 fee - renewing four tickets by DD only added £17.

The interest rate will vary depending on your actual ticket price (and number of tickets due to the above) but for mine (1 adult, 1 OAP, 2 U12s in family area) the £17 difference equated to 2.568% flat increase. If you had a credit card with the same amount on it and paid it off with 10 equal instalments of the same amount as the DD, the interest rate you would be charged would equate to an APR of very slightly over 7% 

It all depends on how quickly you can/want to pay it off over - if you can pay it off over 2-3 months it will almost certainly be best to do it on the plastic.

Two tickets mid of the West stand over 10 months equates to 5.4% APR, two adult tickets in the Atyeo is  9.6% APR-equivalent. Because the uplift is a fixed value, the cheaper the tickets are the higher the effective interest rate. For me, I'm moving to DD for the first time, so the payments are covered by what I have been saving each month to pay for the ticket renewal (especially since I saved 5% extra in case the price went up) and I have a one-off benefit of what I have spent the last year saving :) 

1 hour ago, phantom said:

Thank you @29AR and @semblar wondering whether to stick my two on the plastic or do the DD option

I've no idea! I like having the option and a quick calculation makes me think it's about 5%. Far better than the offer of a loan (I'm a banker ;)) and was recently offered a loan at 29.9% APR. Didn't think long about that!

Or how about a Vanquis credit card? Hmmm. Or a Pay Day loan? Hmmm.

My rationale was that c£55pm for 4 of us to watch the football - and have 2 "free" shirts chucked in - then that was a bloody good deal. And in my experience excellent customer service too.

I'm sure it's not exactly interest free but for me it represents excellent value for money.

All we need now are 6 points tonight and we'll all be happy heading back to Frome!

7 minutes ago, BigAlToby&Liam said:

I've no idea! I like having the option and a quick calculation makes me think it's about 5%. Far better than the offer of a loan (I'm a banker ;)) and was recently offered a loan at 29.9% APR. Didn't think long about that!

Or how about a Vanquis credit card? Hmmm. Or a Pay Day loan? Hmmm.

My rationale was that c£55pm for 4 of us to watch the football - and have 2 "free" shirts chucked in - then that was a bloody good deal. And in my experience excellent customer service too.

I'm sure it's not exactly interest free but for me it represents excellent value for money.

All we need now are 6 points tonight and we'll all be happy heading back to Frome!

Indeed. It's all personal circumstances and it's not a huge fee, particularly when you ramp it up to the higher priced seats and buying multiples; it gets comparatively cheaper and cheaper. I stuck mine on plastic and with due dates of payment will get about 7 weeks 'interest free' until it's due.

I remember a few years ago Barclaycard did a deal on some credit cards where season ticket purchases did not attract interest if paid off in 12 months - or something similar. Pretty sure that's been scrapped for some time though.

• Admin
4 minutes ago, 29AR said:

I remember a few years ago Barclaycard did a deal on some credit cards where season ticket purchases did not attract interest if paid off in 12 months - or something similar. Pretty sure that's been scrapped for some time though.

Ironically that is the card that I originally used - only time I have used a CC is for my ST, may give it one last blast as recently had a letter from Barclays saying the account is no more

Archived