IGNORED

Arsenal...

BS4 on Tour...

17 hours ago, spudski said:

Kinnel...some of the reasoning on this thread is completely bonkers.

Finishing second this season, and having been in the top 4 for pretty much all Wenger's Tenure...and people think that's failure!!!

Some of you need a check up from the neck up....seriously.

Not a failure, but not a rousing success in his latter years either. I'm in between both camps, there's no denying Wenger has had phenomenal success with Arsenal and that he's delivered consistency. But I also think over a number of recent years he's held them back; by being too stubborn; too one-dimensional in many respects, particularly in recruitment; too divisive; unable to improve on their glaring shortcomings on the field (swings straight back round to recruitment).

He's also lived off of being a great developer of youth but when it comes down to it I question is he really? Many of the FA Youth winning players don't break through; many don't make the step up and some of those he's recruited in don't achieve what they perhaps should - Walcott and the Ox come to mind. There are Fabregas and others who have delivered, my point is I'm not convinced of the hype or that he has that Midas touch. His youth record is far more inconsistent than many would have you believe.

Sacked, no, respectfully not renewing his deal, certainly. Renewing his deal, madness. 

9 hours ago, spudski said:

The former...I'd want stability, with measured success...you know under Wenger, you are not going to struggle, will see European football, be Entertained and watch good football.

For a few years after moving from Highbury to the Emirates, there was little cash for buying players. However every home tie in the Champions League brings in a one million pounds profit. You keep qualifying for the CL every year and that's three home game from the pool stage and the financial rewards increase with the knock out rounds.

5 minutes ago, 22A said:

For a few years after moving from Highbury to the Emirates, there was little cash for buying players. However every home tie in the Champions League brings in a one million pounds profit. You keep qualifying for the CL every year and that's three home game from the pool stage and the financial rewards increase with the knock out rounds.

And if memory serves me right...they have never been knocked out of the group stages.

Would much rather have that and a top four finish every year...with at least a chance of winning it.

The sick side of me hopes Wenger leaves and Arsenal spiral, just to stick one up the idiot fans who think they have a divine right to win the league.

The sensible side of me, hopes he stays and that they win the Prem.

2 minutes ago, twodogs said:

Classless club with equally classless plastic fans. Long may Wenger remain although how they think they have some god given right to win the title is beyond me.

They've been spoilt.

Classless club?!

Why?

And plastic fans?! Wot?!

Proper old school English football club.....

Its classless because the old school board have sold out and the new board use it as a cash cow.

Plastic because of the amount of tourist home fans. 

Proper old school english football club? eh? One player in the England squad. The first English club to field a completely foreign 11 which has been continued over the years.

15 minutes ago, twodogs said:

Its classless because the old school board have sold out and the new board use it as a cash cow.

Plastic because of the amount of tourist home fans. 

Proper old school english football club? eh? One player in the England squad. The first English club to field a completely foreign 11 which has been continued over the years.

New Board you say?! The current chairman joined the Arsenal Board in 2005; the current CEO joined in 2009; their director Ken Friar has been a mainstay at the club for over SIXTY years; their director Lord Harris joined the Board in 2005;  Stan Kroenke joined their Board in 2008 - shall I go on?!

'The amount of tourist fans' make them a plastic club - is that an assumption or do you have research and actual factual info to back that up? There are around 7 million people in London so not unreasonable to assume the majority of their 60,000 home attendances are from the capital, but I don't know that for a fact - although you obviously know different.

Yep they are a proper old school English football club because they are based in England and they have a proud track record so don't get your 'eh?' response to that.

And to answer your last point, Arsenal were not the first team to field a foreign first eleven, that was Chelsea in 1999 - have a look here: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1180823/Manchester-United-finally-join-Chelsea-Arsenal-fielding-totally-foreign-legion--10-years-Blues-broke-mould.html

You've had a 'Weston Super' with that post, as Paul Merson would say!

On 5/16/2016 at 21:02, BS4 on Tour... said:

New Board you say?! The current chairman joined the Arsenal Board in 2005; the current CEO joined in 2009; their director Ken Friar has been a mainstay at the club for over SIXTY years; their director Lord Harris joined the Board in 2005;  Stan Kroenke joined their Board in 2008 - shall I go on?!

'The amount of tourist fans' make them a plastic club - is that an assumption or do you have research and actual factual info to back that up? There are around 7 million people in London so not unreasonable to assume the majority of their 60,000 home attendances are from the capital, but I don't know that for a fact - although you obviously know different.

Yep they are a proper old school English football club because they are based in England and they have a proud track record so don't get your 'eh?' response to that.

And to answer your last point, Arsenal were not the first team to field a foreign first eleven, that was Chelsea in 1999 - have a look here: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1180823/Manchester-United-finally-join-Chelsea-Arsenal-fielding-totally-foreign-legion--10-years-Blues-broke-mould.html

You've had a 'Weston Super' with that post, as Paul Merson would say!

Lovely patronising pompous response. 

The original board ran the club for decades. This board as you correctly point out have been in place for less than 10 years. Have a look at their dividend pay outs. Its one of many gooners gripes and rightly so given how much they charge their fans. They are the most expensive club for both match day and season tickets.

My apologies a completely non-english Squad which is even worse. V palace 2005.

There are stats for tourists. Google it as I'm sure you do for most your facts. However if you're busy Chelsea are the highest with Arsenal 2nd and tourists in the proper sense of the word.

Not by any stretch of the imagination a proper old school english club. That to me would be one that develops home grown talent and looks after their fans. Arsenal clearly don't.

On 2016-05-15 at 22:19, BS4 on Tour... said:

Just a quickie guys n gals....anyone else reckon the plonkers amongst the Arsenal fans who tried to 'hound' Wenger out with lame demos may feel a bit sheepish now they have finished second? 

His record speaks for itself, incredible.....yes of course they should have won the league more recently than they have but the guy has delivered nearly two consecutive decades of champions league football...and the criticism of Giroud, especially on here, is just unfounded rubbish, he scored 24 goals in all competitions this season....and he only started 38 games...

Why do City fans care about Arsenal?

On 15 May 2016 at 21:34, BS4 on Tour... said:

You don't think that finishing second in the top div is a great season? 

Your having a laugh.

Ynderachieved agin this season....wenger is a very good manager but not a great. Not a patch on Fergie.

On 5/16/2016 at 20:43, twodogs said:

Classless club with equally classless plastic fans. Long may Wenger remain although how they think they have some god given right to win the title is beyond me.

They've been spoilt.

If  you ask any  ex pro they will tell you Arsenal are nothing but class

I have no idea on that but a lot of the fans won't say the same. They feel they've been taken the p..s out of for a few years now. 

Still its not my club and its obviously silly season if I'm getting into a debate with other city fans about a completely different club and one I really don't give two hoots about

Archived