IGNORED

Lee Tomlin (Merged)

Ian M

3 minutes ago, Strawberry2157. said:

I don't think much will happen in the near future, he gets married tomorrow & then goes to Mexico on honeymoon. Hopefully two weeks Monday!! :fingerscrossed:

LJ is best man, and Ashton is his usher, so I'm told.....Flint and Frankie are bridesmaids

4 minutes ago, Strawberry2157. said:

I don't think much will happen in the near future, he gets married tomorrow & then goes to Mexico on honeymoon. Hopefully two weeks Monday!! :fingerscrossed:

All the more reason to sort it out today! And how the hell do you know that??! I bloody well hope this doesn't drag on for several weeks. The longer these things go on, the less chance I feel we'll have.

48 minutes ago, Devereux said:

I wonder if the "cough splutter" bit is Nixons way of saying we had a chat with Tomlin BEFORE we had agreed a fee with Bournemouth...or been given permission to talk..maybe we were a bit naughty.

I think every club does that, cough, splutter!

I don't wish to rain on everyone's parade and having loved every minute of his home performances last season I just have a nagging doubt should he sign. There is no question he had a big ego and some of his antics would have seriously p***ed me off if I were an opposition supporter and I am just a bit worried how he may react both on and off the field if things start to go wrong for him/us. A lot has been said over the last few seasons about our tightness as a group and the dressing room spirit. Just worried he may be the one to undermine it. 

5 minutes ago, Nuno Gomez said:

I don't wish to rain on everyone's parade and having loved every minute of his home performances last season I just have a nagging doubt should he sign. There is no question he had a big ego and some of his antics would have seriously p***ed me off if I were an opposition supporter and I am just a bit worried how he may react both on and off the field if things start to go wrong for him/us. A lot has been said over the last few seasons about our tightness as a group and the dressing room spirit. Just worried he may be the one to undermine it. 

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

3 minutes ago, Nuno Gomez said:

I don't think what would be an issue at all, he loved it here & spent lots of time with the established boys after training .... He just wants to play football, he's played in the Prem which was an ambition, now he just wants to play.

Seeing as we had him on loan last season for a period of time, I think its a risk worth taking. We cant keep the same group for this season, we need to add extra quality to our squad and for me Mr Tomlin would be perfect.

3 minutes ago, Nuno Gomez said:

As a fan you go to football to be entertained , lee Tomlin does this in bucket loads. I don't care if he is a knob behind the scenes I just want to go to football and be entertained!! 

The further you go up the footballing food chain, the bigger the ego. Risk worth taking. And that close knit thing only gets you so far. You need to be ruthless and steely at this level. First two-thirds of last season we were bullied by all and sundry. Nice bunch of lads, naive football. Naive manager too.

2 minutes ago, Fat Cigar said:

The further you go up the footballing food chain, the bigger the ego. Risk worth taking. And that close knit thing only gets you so far. You need to be ruthless and steely at this level. First two-thirds of last season we were bullied by all and sundry. Nice bunch of lads, naive football. Naive manager too.

spot on

6 minutes ago, Nuno Gomez said:

Are you available for children's party's at all mate......

I know what you mean, every player we sign makes me think the same though! I can't imagine Flint having too many problems with Little Lee mk II if something kicks off. I like to think of Flint as the dressing room enforcer

7 minutes ago, Fat Cigar said:

Well, the fee's clearly not £1.5m. See Tomlin's Twitter feed. He does like to engage does young Lee. To be fair, I would guess it's something around £2.5m. Bournemouth won't get as much as they bought him for.

I've been told by someone in the know at Bournemouth they want £3m

5 minutes ago, Devereux said:

Well assuming everyone going off what Nixon said, 1.5m and 2.5m were quoted. Everyone assumed Mousset was 2.5m because of the €4m heard elsewhere. Maybe everyone has assumed wrong and 2.5m for Tomlin and 1.5m for Mousset

2 minutes ago, Woodsy said:

And Tomlin isn't modelling the new AFCB kit that's just been announced.....it's practically in the bag going from that, I suspect

I won't believe it till it's officially announced. And we all know he's not staying at Bournemouth. 

2 minutes ago, Strawberry2157. said:

I've been told by someone in the know at Bournemouth they want £3m

I've got £13.90 on me in hard cash right now - can @Dollymarie set up one of those pay pal thingies, I'll bump it up to £20 to make up the difference that we seem to be quibbling over....

3 minutes ago, Fat Cigar said:

I won't believe it till it's officially announced. And we all know he's not staying at Bournemouth. 

I was kind of hoping the last pic would be Tomlin ripping off the AFCB shirt to reveal #makingbristolproud shirt a la Flint from a few years ago

Archived