IGNORED

Lee Tomlin (Merged)

Ian M

Pack is the player that has exceeded my expectations most this season in truth. Become a key player.

However, a crap new offer, which is more than he is currently on. We are not offering premiership wages to Tomlin.

Sounds like a few players think having survived this year in the championship that suddenly we should be splashng the cash like it is going out of fashion. Just not going to happen, nor should it.

Real washing dirty linen in public this one, that is far from professional.

4 minutes ago, AdenFlintIsHavingAParty said:

He then said 'it happens', does that mean the first offer isn't always accepted but a improved one will or that not all of our targets will sign. This is confusing

@jordanhewlett99 Bit of messing about going on. Standard. Don't over heat about it.

Just saw this. Eases worries slightly

This will go down well  :thumbsup: 

Astonishing that Marlon's Dad has just disclosed all that information on Facebook. Tells you how the players really feel about what they've been offered by the club. 

As I was told once, if you're not embarrassed by the first offer you make you've ****** up 

We're hardly going to walk in and just offer £30k, no wriggle room then, is there? And as Tomlin is getting hitched and be on honeymoon in the next couple of weeks then nothing will happen too quickly anyway 

Everyone needs to take a deep breath. If it happens it happens. Going to be a long summer at this rate.

What is the 'one in the papers on Sunday hopefully'?

Would also be gobsmacked if we are paying £18k for a 33 year old.

I am sure like all 'staff', players can have a bit of a moan to others behind the scenes, think they are worth more, think everyone is getting a better deal etc. That is just life. Splattering it all over social media is the bit that is out of order here, especially if discussing an offer made to another player? Father of a player referring to another as 'Smith'. All just looks very..odd.

3 minutes ago, Woodsy said:

As I was told once, if you're not embarrassed by the first offer you make you've ****** up 

We're hardly going to walk in and just offer £30k, no wriggle room then, is there? And as Tomlin is getting hitched and be on honeymoon in the next couple of weeks then nothing will happen too quickly anyway 

Was more alluding to the new contract offers for Pack and Smith.

Given Tomlins current (assumed) wages, negotiations with him/his agent were never going to be easy.

4 minutes ago, CITYAREREDANDWHITE said:

image.png very strange 

Alan Nixon seems as close as any with a lot of his stuff, but he really is not getting minute by minute updates on the ins and outs of transfer dealings across all the clubs. He is trying to join up the dots I guess, without over committing. 

Wow some people need to relax. 

This frenzy over Tomlin is embarrassing. All these tweets back and forth with Tomlin & co is like asking out your ex misses over and over again without dignity. 

Of course I would love us to sign him from a Bristol City perspective but if the money isn't right move on. 

Also if that is Pack's dad. Belter (not for his opinion but for his stupidity)

Aren't people missing the obvious here. How on earth would Pack even know what the club are offering other players. I can't really see that being changing room talk. Also the players aren't even in to be talking about anything. Fair enough he might know about his own son's offer but other than that...

7 hours ago, cityexile said:

Everyone needs to take a deep breath. If it happens it happens. Going to be a long summer at this rate.

What is the 'one in the papers on Sunday hopefully'?

Would also be gobsmacked if we are paying £18k for a 33 year old.

I am sure like all 'staff', players can have a bit of a moan to others behind the scenes, think they are worth more, think everyone is getting a better deal etc. That is just life. Splattering it all over social media is the bit that is out of order here, especially if discussing an offer made to another player? Father of a player referring to another as 'Smith'. All just looks very..odd.

Don`t think that`s anything to do with us, it looks like a reply to `laticsfan` who must have asked him something.

1 hour ago, Snufflelufagus said:

If true im intrested to know how marlons dad knows how much gary o'neil has been offered. Im sure once they sign all the players talk but surely before they have signed seems very odd. Add to that fact they are all on holidays

I thought that. Agents in common somewhere perhaps? Or of course it could all be total bullshit. 

Archived