IGNORED

Lee Tomlin (Merged)

Ian M

9 minutes ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

That is one ****** up wedding man

When Tomlin tweeted some banter yesterday that he wanted Agard;s number 10 shirt, little did we know that Agard would have the last laugh, and took his wedding as revenge!

17 hours ago, Redandy said:

Failure to secure Lee Tomlin will not only be a disaster  for our club but will tell us all we need to know about how serious SL and the Board are in improving the team. Another transfer window like  last  year I would  find very hard to stomach. Surely they realise in this league to progress you need to buy quality players and they cost money.

Disagree with this 100%. All that would tell us is that there are much bigger and (currently) better clubs he has the option of joining than Bristol City? If he decides to join us, fantastic. If he doesn't then its hardly the boards fault considering he could quite easily get into the starting 11 of a much bigger club than us.

As for tweets from wannabee journalists, players dads and random teenagers with less than 100 followers.... Best to ignore the lot.

49 minutes ago, Kim_il_sung said:

Disagree with this 100%. All that would tell us is that there are much bigger and (currently) better clubs he has the option of joining than Bristol City? If he decides to join us, fantastic. If he doesn't then its hardly the boards fault considering he could quite easily get into the starting 11 of a much bigger club than us.

As for tweets from wannabee journalists, players dads and random teenagers with less than 100 followers.... Best to ignore the lot.

That would , effectively , render this forum obsolete.

1 hour ago, Major Isewater said:

That would , effectively , render this forum obsolete.

Good. I hate the silly rumour mongering and I'm glad its been kept inside this sub section. I just wish I had the will power to stop snooping in it all the time! :facepalm:

On 4 June 2016 at 13:37, Redandy said:

Whilst I agree a window like last summers would be catastrophic not getting Tomlin or any of the other players linked would not be provided we bring other players of a similar quality in. 

No one is bigger than the club and if Tomlin/ his agent will only sign if we offer more than we are happy with then it's time to move on. Despite his undoubted ability LT is still somewhat of a risk. He was great for us whilst we were on a bit of an upturn and loved by all. What happens if we are struggling and he gets a bit of stick, or the manager changes,etc etc? He has got previous at other clubs.

obviously this could stand for any other player too, but imagine we were tied to a 4 year contract at 30k a week??? If it's not right we should move on, but like everyone else I'd love to see him here. 

On ‎03‎/‎06‎/‎2016 at 23:04, Kibs said:

Was more alluding to the new contract offers for Pack and Smith.

Given Tomlins current (assumed) wages, negotiations with him/his agent were never going to be easy.

My point was more at the people worried the deal hadn't been done yet mate, I would imagine any potential Tomlin deal would be easier as we (presumably) already know what he's on and I'm sure discussions on what he's looking for would have started a while back

@FelixBrittain Don't think the fee was agreed for Tomlin - never mind his wages. But there's still time.

@FelixBrittain Boh fee and wages need some work. It's June 6. Early days.

@FelixBrittain Don't think there will be a bigger offer for Tomlin. Bournemouth want him out. So the price will drop in time.

7 hours ago, Woodsy said:

My point was more at the people worried the deal hadn't been done yet mate, I would imagine any potential Tomlin deal would be easier as we (presumably) already know what he's on and I'm sure discussions on what he's looking for would have started a while back

I would like to hope, little Lee has had a quiet with with Tomlin once it was confirmed we were safe to ask, are you interested in coming here permanently? As others have said the club must know what his wages are, as Bournemouth would have been supplementing them whilst he was here. 

I would confidently say, he wants to come here, and negotiations regarding his wages, signing on fee are ongoing. The only reason I feel he will turn us down is if a bigger more established club makes a bid for him in the meantime 

21 minutes ago, daored said:

I would like to hope, little Lee has had a quiet with with Tomlin once it was confirmed we were safe to ask, are you interested in coming here permanently? As others have said the club must know what his wages are, as Bournemouth would have been supplementing them whilst he was here. 

I would confidently say, he wants to come here, and negotiations regarding his wages, signing on fee are ongoing. The only reason I feel he will turn us down is if a bigger more established club makes a bid for him in the meantime 

Agreed. If he had no intention of coming then there'd be no speculation. See Nathan Baker as an example, made it fairly clear that he didn't want to stay and there's been nothing at all linking us with him again. 

The way i see it is we are Tomlin's first last resort. He wants prem football and if nothing comes from the top league, we may be his next option if we can match wages.

although it is fair enough to have personal ambition, it's hard to stomach showing a player how much you want him, for him to only use you as a last resort.

no matter how good he may be, maybe we should move on from him and focus elsewhere. Dack would be a start, Lansbury another option albeit expensive. Someone mentioned John Bostock recently also. There must be other less expensive options with great potential. Maybe even grimes from Swansea.

24 minutes ago, Alex#40 said:

image.png

Well Stocky isnt chief exec of Bristol City last time I checked, so when he says we can't afford him, what he actually means is, he's been told by Ashton to say in the press we can't afford his demands. It's another message to Tomlin's agent. Put a bit of pressure back on them. 

Archived