IGNORED

Lee Tomlin (Merged)

Ian M

11 minutes ago, CITYAREREDANDWHITE said:

Just remember guys, stockhausen writes what the club wants him to write. 

Hope you're right because I'm feeling depressed. Keep looking at all these top targets we're linked with and think we haven't got a hope. A bigger club comes along and that's that. 

If the club wants this particular piece written, bit odd isn't it? Will simply alert other clubs to bid. 

To be honest, I'm already fed up with the transfer speculation. This is why Johnson said it will take 3 windows. We need to consolidate ourselves in this league and eventually become more desirable. Need to earn the right to get top players. Struggling to get L1 players. Must remember, we were only there a year ago.

9 minutes ago, billywedlock said:

Tomlin as it stands is out of our price range. 

But a 3 year contract at £30,000 a week plus a 3 million transfer fee  is less than the  8 or 9 million gambles we were supposed to be trying for last year - and they were transfer fees only, not wages. :doh::doh::doh:

As per my previous post on the  JET thread…

My info was that we offered JET £20 K per week to stay but he wanted £24 K so left..

If that was True then Tomlin would still be in our range as was D James who was rumoured to be on a massive earner… As LJ stated last week he was staggered at the expected earnings in the championship…. Come on Mr Lansdown speculate to accumulate, but remember 1982 !!!!

What ever happens lee Tomlin won't sign for us for a penny less than his contract he is on now. So if we want him we will have to pay big bucks in wages, really is interesting to see how it pans out . My hunch is he will come here on loan again.

4 minutes ago, flipflopcity said:

As per my previous post on the  JET thread…

My info was that we offered JET £20 K per week to stay but he wanted £24 K so left..

If that was True then Tomlin would still be in our range as was D James who was rumoured to be on a massive earner… As LJ stated last week he was staggered at the expected earnings in the championship…. Come on Mr Lansdown speculate to accumulate, but remember 1982 !!!!

Why would we offer JET that much to sit on the bench?

3 minutes ago, Spoons said:

What ever happens lee Tomlin won't sign for us for a penny less than his contract he is on now. So if we want him we will have to pay big bucks in wages, really is interesting to see how it pans out . My hunch is he will come here on loan again.

Are we able to give him a huge signing on fee but reduce his wages to amount to the same in total?

4 minutes ago, Spoons said:

Disagree. £28k a week at Bournemouth. Would be happy on 25-26k here. 

33 minutes ago, Fat Cigar said:

Hope you're right because I'm feeling depressed. Keep looking at all these top targets we're linked with and think we haven't got a hope. A bigger club comes along and that's that. 

If the club wants this particular piece written, bit odd isn't it? Will simply alert other clubs to bid. 

To be honest, I'm already fed up with the transfer speculation. This is why Johnson said it will take 3 windows. We need to consolidate ourselves in this league and eventually become more desirable. Need to earn the right to get top players. Struggling to get L1 players. Must remember, we were only there a year ago.

The problem is how do you consolidate without improving the squad. The mindset  must be to get players better than what we have and make sure we are prepared to pay the going rate. If this does not happen we will back to league 1.

7 minutes ago, Spoons said:

That's one thing that definitely won't happen. And one thing we do know, Bournemouth want rid. 

7 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

Are we able to give him a huge signing on fee but reduce his wages to amount to the same in total?

Possibly I suppose , hopefully the money men at the gate are coming up with ways to make it work. But can't see them paying £20,000 plus, like wise Tomlin won't be giving up his best contract he's ever had or going to have to join us on less wages.

5 minutes ago, CITYAREREDANDWHITE said:

Yes, he really does. 

Yeah sure, what about the article he wrote a couple of years ago slating the way the club was run whilst Coppell, Millen and McInnes were here? Last year on twitter when Adam Baker had a pop at him over something he wrote?

AS is an indepedent journo and you are basically saying that he has zilch integrity as he writes on behalf of City? Sorry, but that's complete nonsense.

AS has had a pretty tumultuous relationship with City for a long time, so unless something has drastically changed then I can assure you he is in the back pocket of no-one at City.

14 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Yeah sure, what about the article he wrote a couple of years ago slating the way the club was run whilst Coppell, Millen and McInnes were here? Last year on twitter when Adam Baker had a pop at him over something he wrote?

AS is an indepedent journo and you are basically saying that he has zilch integrity as he writes on behalf of City? Sorry, but that's complete nonsense.

AS has had a pretty tumultuous relationship with City for a long time, so unless something has drastically changed then I can assure you he is in the back pocket of no-one at City.

Ahh, I get what you're saying now. Mark Ashton and Lee Johnson use him. He'll write what they tell him, without even checking it out. Trust me, Anything Ashton says, he writes. 

20 minutes ago, Spoons said:

We won't pay £25-26k per week. No chance

I hope you're right.

In order to build our club slowly, sensibly and steadily we don't need to be paying any player that sort of wage. In order to satisfy a certain section of fan's lust for the spectacular- clearly we do. Sad that some believe that unless SL goes potty financially, it is a sign of his lack of ambition. Perhaps these folk should take a look at the Bristol Rugby strategy which was steady and increasing  investment with a large dollop of patience.

We had one of our best ever seasons with a tiny squad which balanced the books and had an even smaller one to retain our place in the Championship.

I'd love Tomlin to come here but not just because we merely meet his wage demands.

1 hour ago, Chalkie said:

But a 3 year contract at £30,000 a week plus a 3 million transfer fee  is less than the  8 or 9 million gambles we were supposed to be trying for last year - and they were transfer fees only, not wages. :doh::doh::doh:

That's because fees don't matter as much in terms of FFP if I'm right? I think that just looks at wages spent?

3 minutes ago, mattjtsmith said:

That's because fees don't matter as much in terms of FFP if I'm right? I think that just looks at wages spent?

FFP in the Championship is about losses....nowt to do with wages (unlike Lrague One and Two)

Archived