IGNORED

Lee Tomlin (Merged)

Ian M

3 minutes ago, BCFC Grim said:

Fans tweeting players = cringeworthy.

Normally I'd agree, but actually Tomlin is enjoying it.  If you don't want fans interacting then don't have twitter or set it private like Freeman does.

2 minutes ago, Woodsy said:

Jeez, it's a bit of fun, lads. Think it's fair to see that the man himself is enjoying it and 95% of the tweets are jokey.....chill the **** out

Yes its all fun, but it is embarrassing, the jokey ones about buying all his stock if he signs etc is fine.  But there are people on there begging him to join.  Hes winding everyone up.

I just find it odd, similar to when the Clough bid was made public, people tweeting him, his dad, his girlfriend begging him to join, then turned to people abusing the 3 of them.  

I expect Tomlin will get similar abuse if he joins a different club in the Championship.

3 minutes ago, super slick said:

Yes its all fun, but it is embarrassing, the jokey ones about buying all his stock if he signs etc is fine.  But there are people on there begging him to join.  Hes winding everyone up.

I just find it odd, similar to when the Clough bid was made public, people tweeting him, his dad, his girlfriend begging him to join, then turned to people abusing the 3 of them.  

I expect Tomlin will get similar abuse if he joins a different club in the Championship.

I agree some tweets are banter or a good laugh, but some are a bit cringeworthy! 

9 minutes ago, super slick said:

But Tomlin has been here, the fans have tweeted him from the start - I agree with the comments about Clough, he wasn't known to us. As for tweeting his old man and his gf.....that is cringeworthy

I really would hope if Tomlin doesn't come back he wouldn't get too much abuse, he will get some, such is the world nowadays, but I'd thank him and wish him well. Didn't put a foot wrong in his time here

6 minutes ago, Woodsy said:

But Tomlin has been here, the fans have tweeted him from the start - I agree with the comments about Clough, he wasn't known to us. As for tweeting his old man and his gf.....that is cringeworthy

I really would hope if Tomlin doesn't come back he wouldn't get too much abuse, he will get some, such is the world nowadays, but I'd thank him and wish him well. Didn't put a foot wrong in his time here

I think 99% of our fans will wish him well.  We know he's going to be in demand and we're not the most attractive club in the league.

Thing is, in these modern times people are so easy to wind up. People will believe anything they see on the internet.

Its like the other week, when on Facebook someone started a page about the Cenotaph being moved to the end of City Road. It seems not many folks these days have got the  common sense to work out its rubbish.

Best way to treat life and the Internet is that unless you've seen it with your own eyes take everything with a pinch of salt.

Which is why I was happy to see Lee Tomlins stroll around Ashton Gate clutching at a signed 3 year contract.........

2 minutes ago, Tomarse said:

I think 99% of our fans will wish him well.  We know he's going to be in demand and we're not the most attractive club in the league.

No matter how many times I read it, and I know it's true, I just refuse to believe it

What isn't to love!?

6 minutes ago, Super said:

Maybe wrong but thinks it's a good sign he is winding fans up on twitter.

He certainly knows he'd be the big fish here..

16 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

Ha ha ha mental inmage of flinty in a bridesmaids dress , desturbing to say the least 

I wouldn't have the bottle to tell him he looked anything over than lovely though!

I realise they are having a bit of a laugh, but surely it's a good sign that Scottys getting involved. Hopefully it's a done deal and for whatever reason we are not announcing it yet. A bit confused about his rubbish ink of the two reported prices. I can't imagine we'd pay much more than £3m. Unless it's actually a lot less than those fees???

This is more entertaining then the rovers thread,

dont mind fans tweeting players, there are lots of complaints about modern footballer not living in the real world or not interacting with us fans,

we shouldn't complain when some one like tomlin is taking time out of his day to have a laugh with us, whether we sign him or not

44 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

Ha ha ha mental inmage of flinty in a bridesmaids dress , desturbing to say the least 

What he does in the close season is his own business.

2 hours ago, Woodsy said:

LJ is best man, and Ashton is his usher, so I'm told.....Flint and Frankie are bridesmaids

What about Major Isewater? He was always a bridesmaid. 

Archived