IGNORED

Lee Tomlin (Merged)

Ian M

17 minutes ago, brad blit said:

I'm trying to rate where this stands in terms of how big/wanted the signing is.

We havnt signed many players after a successful loan spell, so after seeing what he's capable of is making this very exciting.

Up there with Trundle and James signings for me. 

For me the biggest signing since Andy Cole.

Maynard was a very big signing and still our record fee at present, but no signing that we've made since Cole was of this magnitude for me.

5 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

For me the biggest signing since Andy Cole.

Maynard was a very big signing and still our record fee at present, but no signing that we've made since Cole was of this magnitude for me.

Tend to agree as this is a bit like Cole in that we've seen first hand what he can do.  Trundle, James & Co hadn't been on loan.  I remember picking up the evening post and being amazed we'd signed Cole. Back in the good old days of no interweb..

If and when tomlin signs . This is will be a fantastic signing for the club. We've all had our doubts this would happen. People outside of Bristol City see as small fry . Take last seasons exploits with players and the disrespect clough showed us even though we apparently offered good good money . With the stadium finished it is imperative we can attract these sort of players . I'm hugely excited for the future of Bristol City and credit must go to all of those that are making it happen. I'm glad big ears clough never signed for us because we never would of had tomlin. If he signs

4 minutes ago, CiderCraig said:

That's all well and good, but what percentage is full capacity? 40%? 60%?? - you need to specify for some people's benefit... :whistle:

Well even at 100% it'll still run.  We should be good for somewhere in the region of 5-10k users on site at the same time.   The new server hasn't really been tested since it was instaled... so its a bit of finger in the air.

1 minute ago, Red Army 75 said:

If and when tomlin signs . This is will be a fantastic signing for the club. We've all had our doubts this would happen. People outside of Bristol City see as small fry . Take last seasons exploits with players and the disrespect clough showed us even though we apparently offered good good money . With the stadium finished it is imperative we can attract these sort of players . I'm hugely excited for the future of Bristol City and credit must go to all of those that are making it happen. I'm glad big ears clough never signed for us because we never would of had tomlin. If he signs

I agree, O'Neill and Tomlin are statements of intent but I think its just as important to hold Kodjia, Flint, Smith, the spine of the team and not be tempted to sell to rival clubs, or better yet not to sell at all.

4 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

I'm picturing you later on holding the server together with your bare hands, saying "she cannea take no more captain!" In a Scottish accent!

I've got all sorts to do this afternoon so hopefully not!  It's also in Newport should it go up in flames :ph34r:

Archived