IGNORED

Lee Tomlin (Merged)

Ian M

For a player of the calibre of Tomlin, I'm surprised there hasn't been more interest.  Having said that could you see him as a Newcastle player under Fray Bentos?  He wants to be the main man if he's not in the Prem.  I've always doubted our ability to get this done, because I thought someone would entice him away.  Looks like we might finally gave bailed it.

5 minutes ago, CITYAREREDANDWHITE said:

To be fair to your detractors, you posted on the 22nd of May that Matthews, Hammil and Brownhill were all 'done'.

43 days later and one has re-signed for his former club, one is still at his former club and we signed the other. 

You then had a strop and threw your toys out of the pram, stating you wouldn't be posting any more...

11 minutes ago, P'head Red said:

It did sound a bit like he was already our player, didn't think too much of it at the time considering what he said after 'if he's available then we'll be interested'

I think that was when he was talking about us having to be respectful of Bournemouth, seeing as they’re still his club…for now.  Found the whole interview rather reassuring. Johnson didn’t seem to be that agitated or concerned.

7 minutes ago, CITYAREREDANDWHITE said:

I have decided to believe you all along, however is there really any need for that? Others are entitled to their opinion and view on your source. Think respect would have been earn the without asking for it.

Please continue sharing this information you get as it is a valuable contribution to the forum.

GET IN WE ARE SIGNING TOMLIN!!!

5 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I've always doubted our ability to get this done, because I thought someone would entice him away.  Looks like we might finally gave bailed it.

So that's why there's been such a delay.....bail as well as transfer negotiations 

4 minutes ago, Fat Cigar said:

I think that was when he was talking about us having to be respectful of Bournemouth, seeing as they’re still his club…for now.  Found the whole interview rather reassuring. Johnson didn’t seem to be that agitated or concerned.

Completely different body language to cotterill last season. Could be the start of a very successful summer for us :fingerscrossed:

Interesting to read that one of the key draws for O'Neill signing was him learning of the calibre of player we were trying to get in. Made me think Tomlin, but also made me wonder who else raised his eyebrows?

Could be rubbish, obviously. I'd imagine the additional year and shed loads of cash was the main pull.

19 minutes ago, Fat Cigar said:

Not sure if anyone picked up on Johnson’s comments from Friday’s interview with Adam Baker?? The bits about Tomlin were pretty revealing. Can’t remember the exact words but he spoke about us ‘needing to keep an eye on him,’ and Tomlin being a ‘lovable rogue.’ I think those were the words.  The needing to keep an eye on him spoke of someone who knew the deal was done. And Johnson had a cheeky grin!

Is this on the player HD interview?

7 minutes ago, Saunders87 said:

Completely different body language to cotterill last season. Could be the start of a very successful summer for us :fingerscrossed:

Saw Cotts on Friday, in stereotypical style....tshirt, shirts, flip-flops, Costa in hand.  Didn't look like a man worried where his next job was coming from.

Archived