IGNORED

Lee Tomlin (Merged)

Ian M

Just thinking, but as wages and FFP are likely the hold up, could the club buy Tonkin a £300k house (for example) and then offer him £300k less per year- or £100k less per year on a 3 year deal if he susses that would be better for him- and not have to declare the £300k towards FFP?

3 minutes ago, City169 said:

Just thinking, but as wages and FFP are likely the hold up, could the club buy Tonkin a £300k house (for example) and then offer him £300k less per year- or £100k less per year on a 3 year deal if he susses that would be better for him- and not have to declare the £300k towards FFP?

No. It would have to be recorded as a bonus I think. 

29 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

It's not just Tomlin we're waitng on though is It ?

We all thought that Matthews was a formality based on what the representatives of the club said .

We have not even signed the easier deals to push through ( squad players)  type  replacement Waggy .

It does seem we've had our hopes built up again by the club and , as yet , it's all bluster and hot air .

Time , of course , will tell but they don't make life easy do they ? 

....and Waggy hasn't signed anywhere has he.  You'd think loads of clubs in League One would be after him.

9 minutes ago, City169 said:

FFP in The Championship is nothing to do with wages, but profit and loss.

just one small thought.  Could LT (or any other player for that matter) not want to sign before they get their annual contract bonuses?

34 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

It does seem we've had our hopes built up again by the club and , as yet , it's all bluster and hot air .

Time , of course , will tell but they don't make life easy do they ? 

A cynical person MIGHT think that all the talk about going large in the market was during the "early-bird" window!

To be honest, I don't think that, but it does make you wonder, especially if we end up with  Son of Summer 2015 Rides Again . :cool:

11 minutes ago, eric04 said:

No. It would have to be recorded as a bonus I think. 

4 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

just one small thought.  Could LT (or any other player for that matter) not want to sign before they get their annual contract bonuses?

Ta.

Had forgotten it was losses, not wages, in that case couldn't Lansdown do it 'away from the club'  instead, then it wouldn't be declared as a club loss.

3 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

....and Waggy hasn't signed anywhere has he.  You'd think loads of clubs in League One would be after him.

Dave, I love you. I love your posts and I love your optimism. But what on earth could you be referring to?

The 'stay with Bournemourth until August' bonus clause in his contract?

7 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

Dave, I love you. I love your posts and I love your optimism. But what on earth could you be referring to?

Don't be silly! 

It's stay until July 19th, then he'll fly out to La Manga to play in the friendly against Granada the next day.

Don't players get annual contract bonuses for staying at their clubs.  I know a few ex-pros who wouldn't hand in a transfer request for fear of losing their entitlement to their bonus....even after they've gone.

Please don't love me, I couldn't stand a Woodsy type affair being made public on here.  Just getting an injunction sorted. :P

• Admin
1 hour ago, Fordy62 said:

Not just bonuses but on the basis that he's on £28k/week at Bournemouth but drops to £23k here, staying at Bournemouth another month pockets him an extra £20k.

2 hours ago, City169 said:

Jesus. I think he'd want a house in Bristol, not a 1-bed flat in Airpoint! 

18 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

Jesus. I think he'd want a house in Bristol, not a 1-bed flat in Airpoint! 

I did say just an example.

There is (was) a place on the edge of Thornbury going for almost 2 million, we could get him that and give him a much smaller wage:shifty:

6 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

How about anything he likes from the desert trolley at the Avon Gorge Hotel during his inevitable stay there?.

The clincher will be that he can have anything he fancies from the mini-bar. That will show him we mean business and aren`t afraid to splash the cash.

50 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

The clincher will be that he can have anything he fancies from the mini-bar. That will show him we mean business and aren`t afraid to splash the cash.

ridiculous money! No championship player is worth that! A load of young men with their heads in the clouds! And what is Mark Ashton thinking of, offering him all that money!?!?

3 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

LT: " so are we any closer to a deal"

LT Agent: " I'm still trying to get you £28,000 per week"

LT :" But what if they say no?"

LT Agent :" Then you're on £28,000 per week for another 2 years"

LT :" you mean I can't lose?"

LT Agent: "Clever boy, Lee, clever boy"

That's fine except we know that LT has previously said he'd take playing every week over money so I personally don't think that's how the conversation would go.

18 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

Hahahahahahahaha!:rofl2br:

Tbf he did say that and he comes off as genuine but he's a footballer. What's he supposed to say? I'm here for the money whatever else happens I don't care? I do think he'd take a pay cut but I don't think it would be 8-10k and if he would, he would certainly wait to see if anyone else will up it first. 

6 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

Tbf he did say that and he comes off as genuine but he's a footballer. What's he supposed to say? I'm here for the money whatever else happens I don't care? I do think he'd take a pay cut but I don't think it would be 8-10k and if he would, he would certainly wait to see if anyone else will up it first. 

No but if it wasn't all about the money then I'm sure he would of signed by now after a month of negotiations.

I think it was one of your country's former Presidential aides who coined the phrase:

" It's all about the economy,stupid"

3 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

No but if it wasn't all about the money then I'm sure he would of signed by now after a month of negotiations.

I think it was one of your country's former Presidential aides who coined the phrase:

" It's all about the economy,stupid"

I agree with that. Just saying he has to say things like that as a footballer. Even if he meant it, he'll have a limit to what he would accept. If money was no issue he would be signed. I fully expect he'll play for what we offered but is waiting to see if better comes in. He got his prem move and wages to go with it and at 27 I don't think he'll be in any rush to take up to 500k less per year. 

On 1 July 2016 at 19:00, Ian M said:

Not just bonuses but on the basis that he's on £28k/week at Bournemouth but drops to £23k here, staying at Bournemouth another month pockets him an extra £20k.

I think somebody's theory on here is nailed on! LJ stated in his interview that some players 'might' of already signed with a verbal agreement, but cannot sign and be announced due to contract issues.

Tomlin was bound to have a bonus in his contract if Bournemouth stayed up. Maybe he has to be contracted up until a certain date to receive it? For all we know it could be 500k?? A lot of money!

i strongly believe he has verbally committed to us, hence the 'talks' have been ongoing for a long long time :yawn:

43 minutes ago, Eastend said:

I think somebody's theory on here is nailed on! LJ stated in his interview that some players 'might' of already signed with a verbal agreement, but cannot sign and be announced due to contract issues.

Tomlin was bound to have a bonus in his contract if Bournemouth stayed up. Maybe he has to be contracted up until a certain date to receive it? For all we know it could be 500k?? A lot of money!

i strongly believe he has verbally committed to us, hence the 'talks' have been ongoing for a long long time :yawn:

I remember being as optimistic as you....I miss those days ever so much.

5 hours ago, Eastend said:

A verbal contract is not a contract. No way we would be as naive to think we have a player signed who has just given us his word right?? I don't get all this we have signed players but can't announce. If we can't announce then they haven't signed have they.

In law a verbal contract is as equally binding as a written one. The problem is proving what was said and agreed. In football even a written contract is meaningless if a player wants to leave

29 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

In law a verbal contract is as equally binding as a written one. The problem is proving what was said and agreed. In football even a written contract is meaningless if a player wants to leave

I am talking in terms of signing players though. Unless City have recorded conversations with players/ agents, there is no way of holding them to anything verbal. We are talking about players livelihoods here so I doubt any sort of loyalty to a club here if a better offer comes in after.

13 minutes ago, collier said:

I am talking in terms of signing players though. Unless City have recorded conversations with players/ agents, there is no way of holding them to anything verbal. We are talking about players livelihoods here so I doubt any sort of loyalty to a club here if a better offer comes in after.

All calls are recorded for training purposes. :fear:

3 minutes ago, cynic said:

If the deal can't be done in good time due to the complexities, then maybe a season loan could be brokered with a view to make it permanent next window ? Gives time to sort it out and get him in asap..

Not a bad idea but I doubt Bmuff want that considering they don't plan on using him. What would be in it for them?

Archived