IGNORED

Kodija - Departs for 11 Million (Merged)

mozo

19 minutes ago, Alex#40 said:

I think so yes. When they destroyed us last year, and we were poor at the time, those two were almost the sole reason for it, they were brilliant. Without them not sure Matt Smith etc pose the same threat.

i didn't think we were that poor in that game, it was 4 mistakes at the back (2 from flint and 2 from ayling I seem to remember) ad we got punished for it, but yea you could see the difference in prem class strikers that day

4 minutes ago, Tipps69 said:

Post now reporting the obvious next step that Norwich are now interested in signing JK having seemingly missed out on RMcC to Villa.

Would Norwich have any players that could be used as a makeweight in any deal?

the post are putting 2 and 2 together with no credible ketchup 

9 minutes ago, Tipps69 said:

Their saying social media & as I said, it's the obvious next step as the merry-go-round continues it's path.

yep 2 and 2 as I said tipps,

Just notice bamford hasn't gone out on loan anywhere yet, he could be a useful addition

36 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

yep 2 and 2 as I said tipps,

Just notice bamford hasn't gone out on loan anywhere yet, he could be a useful addition

I'm not 100% convinced on Bamford, he went all Billy-big-balls after his season at Middlesborough but then went to Palace the following season & hardly got a sniff & it wasn't like Palace were overrun with decent strikers at the time & then didn't really do anything at Norwich either after walking out on Palace.

But I'd also guess some top end Championship clubs would be ahead of us in que for him.

1 hour ago, Monkeh said:

the post are putting 2 and 2 together with no credible ketchup 

Not sure Kodjia would would look good in canary yellow prefer him as a Robin !! Do Norwich have any scouts or are just saying our scouts are better than theirs!!! Seems every player we look at they follow suit !!! Shows everyone is looking at what's happening at the gate. !!!! 

19 minutes ago, hertsexile said:

Not sure Kodjia would would look good in canary yellow prefer him as a Robin !! Do Norwich have any scouts or are just saying our scouts are better than theirs!!! Seems every player we look at they follow suit !!! Shows everyone is looking at what's happening at the gate. !!!! 

Or all the scouts rate the same players, and being in the Premier last season Norwich didn't feel the need to take a punt on Kodjia.

17 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

Purely speculative but I wonder if West Brom would look at Kodjia now they've failed with Sakho. Of course Sakho is proven in the prem but similar players from what I've seen. 

How is Sakho 'proven' in the Premier League? He's only played 40 odd games.

Bradford City stayed in the premier league during the season after they got promoted. They stayed up! So you think they were a 'proven' prem club after 38 games? Where are they now?

20 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

How is Sakho 'proven' in the Premier League? He's only played 40 odd games.

Bradford City stayed in the premier league during the season after they got promoted. They stayed up! So you think they were a 'proven' prem club after 38 games? Where are they now?

Well he's more proven than Kodjia and when he played he was relatively effective. 

1 hour ago, JoeAman08 said:

Purely speculative but I wonder if West Brom would look at Kodjia now they've failed with Sakho. Of course Sakho is proven in the prem but similar players from what I've seen. 

I'd say 80% of clubs are looking for a 20 man goal scorer.

They'll probably keep Berahino captive though.

39 minutes ago, Iron Man said:

I'd say 80% of clubs are looking for a 20 man goal scorer.

They'll probably keep Berahino captive though.

The baggies fans I know can't wait to get shot. They say he's massively overrated. But im guessing he did himself no favours there!

If West Brom come calling then with Berahino they set the tone - he's available, if you pay a silly price.

A call from their chairman would surely be the easiest to handle? "Just as you did, we will keep him against his will and demand the same price next window. Ta ta for now"

11 hours ago, 29AR said:

If West Brom come calling then with Berahino they set the tone - he's available, if you pay a silly price.

A call from their chairman would surely be the easiest to handle? "Just as you did, we will keep him against his will and demand the same price next window. Ta ta for now"

who is their chairman, haven't they just sold up?

On 8/3/2016 at 12:46, hertsexile said:

more to do with the size of their woggle, no doubt…

Listen up forum - can we all agree to just stop posting in this thread?  Every time I see a new post.... :sad26:

I don't have a heart condition but this isn't helping!

Let's just keep quiet until September.  No need to mention his dodgy hamstrings, permanently broken wrist, incomprehensible French, offside predilection and missed chances.

That's the last word on the matter.  Please post in here if you agree.

1 hour ago, Chivs said:

Listen up forum - can we all agree to just stop posting in this thread?  Every time I see a new post.... :sad26:

Let's just keep quiet until September.  No need to mention his dodgy hamstrings, permanently broken wrist, incomprehensible French, offside predilection and missed chances.

HMM

You just posted so I had to click on it to find out who he is now signing for

- no more posts - relax & breath

1 hour ago, Chivs said:

Agreed!

Quite funny reading some of the Norwich Derby and AV fans hoping for Kodjia... even more so us BC fans, I guess now we all agree he is our best player? There wasn't much consensus just a few months ago.

Having been JKs fan and watched him closely last year I'm surprised he is now clearly the key player in everyone's mind but curiosly during large parts of the season not everyone was impressed.

Goes to show you only realise the value what you have when someone else wants it! 

In my view his contribution was neither here nor there. I think he got to 10 goals and at that point all his goals came where we ended up losing, and as for the rest not many were what you could call match winners per say. 

It would be interesting to see his conversion rate, I think it wasn't high last season as I remember him being erratic in large parts. To be honest I got more excited by his flair, he's very exciting to watch.

All that said 20+ Goals is an incredible return so there is something there and so am looking forward to what he can do now he has settled.

i guess my point is all these rumours are just that, no one in their right mind would pay more than £10m because he is not yet a sure thing and on our part we wouldn't let him go for anything under that value because it's more about the promise of what he can now go on and achieve with a season under his belt.

He's ours for another season, relax fellow reds :)

54 minutes ago, Thatwasclose said:

Quite funny reading some of the Norwich Derby and AV fans hoping for Kodjia... even more so us BC fans, I guess now we all agree he is our best player?

...not sure I'd agree he's our "best player" - as Bruce Foxton and Rick Buckler once said, "There were three people in The Jam, and two of them weren't Paul Weller".....

A 'team' succeeds when every part performs well, JK may be the guy who put it in the net, but he couldn't have done it without major assists from other players...perhaps they are 'the best' ??

1 hour ago, Thatwasclose said:

Quite funny reading some of the Norwich Derby and AV fans hoping for Kodjia... even more so us BC fans, I guess now we all agree he is our best player? There wasn't much consensus just a few months ago.

Having been JKs fan and watched him closely last year I'm surprised he is now clearly the key player in everyone's mind but curiosly during large parts of the season not everyone was impressed.

Goes to show you only realise the value what you have when someone else wants it! 

In my view his contribution was neither here nor there. I think he got to 10 goals and at that point all his goals came where we ended up losing, and as for the rest not many were what you could call match winners per say. 

It would be interesting to see his conversion rate, I think it wasn't high last season as I remember him being erratic in large parts. To be honest I got more excited by his flair, he's very exciting to watch.

All that said 20+ Goals is an incredible return so there is something there and so am looking forward to what he can do now he has settled.

i guess my point is all these rumours are just that, no one in their right mind would pay more than £10m because he is not yet a sure thing and on our part we wouldn't let him go for anything under that value because it's more about the promise of what he can now go on and achieve with a season under his belt.

He's ours for another season, relax fellow reds :)

I both see and struggle with your point re contribution. It's a team game, whether his goals resulted in points or not is ultimately neither here nor there. It's the job of the defence to prevent them and of the attackers to score them - although I acknowledge to relieve the defence too... But even that arguably should come from midfield too.

If he's scored but the defence has been abject and we've lost he has still contributed nonetheless. Perhaps it's not converted into points gained but he's rather blameless in that respect. 

As for his conversion rate I think perhaps fans always, up and down the country, expect better conversion rates and always think their main striker misses a few. That's not because they miss too many disproportionately, but because their is an air of expectation when a striker is in a goal scoring position rather than acknowledging there's still work to do. It was the same when we had Baldock, when he scored plenty many thought he missed plenty too. I think the moral is not inefficiency but an over expectancy. For every sitter that's missed there's a goal out of nothing. And for half chances, well, if you get close to half of them you're somewhat prolific. 

Ultimately, I come the other side. If anyone bids less than £10m they're mad. He's no spring chicken and he's now off the back of two strong goal scoring seasons. His movement is exceptional and I still believe he was offside not because of his poor runs or lack of game intelligence but because of our midfield's lack of vision. I think it now surprise that with Reid and Tomlin's sharp eye he suddenly began to spring the offside trap with much more consistency.

Like you, I'm a fan and I watched him closely. I still think he's possibly the best striker we've had the benefit of having. He's exceeded all expectations and I also wager he'd score a good 10-15 in the division above. As for this season, I've no doubt we'll see him replicate his exploits. It's up to the ROD, the back four and midfield to ensure that this results in points. 

Archived