IGNORED

Kodija - Departs for 11 Million (Merged)

mozo

6 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

Didn't want to start a new topic so I'll post here. I was thinking with some of the rumours I've seen about Forestieri at SW that Derby would offer 8m and Tom Ince for him, would we consider a similar bid for Kodjia? Not saying I want rid of Kodjia but I think it's an interesting debate. If Derby offered us say £7.5m and Martin for Kodjia, would we consider it? This is all based on Twitter rumours I've seen so don't know if it is all true. Could even debate whether you'd take the cash and Ince if you were SW

Won't be going to a championship team according to Lord Lansdown.

2 minutes ago, Clevedon Red said:

Won't be going to a championship team according to Lord Lansdown.

Yes I've seen that. It's just a hypothetical on my part. Same with Forestieri. Why should they sell to a rival. Was asking to see if there was a case where the offer would be too good to pass up.

Interesting Forestieri didn't travel with SW today. Apparently the owner has told the manager he can't travel after transfer speculation. Weird scenario there. Surely SW to Derby isn't a step up unless there is other interest out there not rumoured yet. 

19 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

Yes I've seen that. It's just a hypothetical on my part. Same with Forestieri. Why should they sell to a rival. Was asking to see if there was a case where the offer would be too good to pass up.

Interesting Forestieri didn't travel with SW today. Apparently the owner has told the manager he can't travel after transfer speculation. Weird scenario there. Surely SW to Derby isn't a step up unless there is other interest out there not rumoured yet. 

They said on Sky he`d refused to travel, depends who you believe I suppose.

5 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

They said on Sky he`d refused to travel, depends who you believe I suppose.

Was in pre game when they interviews the manager. Think the pundits said the owner had kept him behind. They were quite honest about it though. Maybe just trying to get a new contract.

On 12 August 2016 at 20:23, 29AR said:

Whilst Kodjia leaving would be a wrench, it's great for our club to show we can be a stepping stone. Someone can come here, play exceptionally and earn a big time move. All part of wowing a player: show them the stadium, show them the facility, then show them we given someone the platform to be a £10m player.

We shouldn't be shy in acknowledging we can develop players: the model we want is Southampton. Get a player, flog him for top money and move on to the next and so the same. Kodjia would be one step to developing that reputation. O'Dowda could be the next, Abraham if he has a good year... Try and blag Bolasie too and suddenly we have a real selling point to players. 

Maybe just maybe- in my lifetime we can become a Club that isn't a stepping stone in too many a footballer's career path.

We can but dream.

3 hours ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

Maybe just maybe- in my lifetime we can become a Club that isn't a stepping stone in too many a footballer's career path.

We can but dream.

A nice dream - but a pipe one at that. It was only a few years ago even Man Utd and Spurs were a stepping stone to Real Madrid. Anyone who is happy to stay at AG, arguably, isn't ambitious enough nor has the right 'dna'? 

9 hours ago, JoeAman08 said:

Didn't want to start a new topic so I'll post here. I was thinking with some of the rumours I've seen about Forestieri at SW that Derby would offer 8m and Tom Ince for him, would we consider a similar bid for Kodjia? Not saying I want rid of Kodjia but I think it's an interesting debate. If Derby offered us say £7.5m and Martin for Kodjia, would we consider it? This is all based on Twitter rumours I've seen so don't know if it is all true. Could even debate whether you'd take the cash and Ince if you were SW

Hypothetically, you'd have to ask if the likes of Martin, Ince or anyone else they might be willing to throw into a deal would be willing to join us? And if we could afford to give them their salaries as I'd expect they'd be on fairly sizeable deals.

If that could be agreed, Martin has never really impressed me & would he offer us anything in regards to sell on value at 28 years-old?

Tom Ince at 24 years-old would offer us possible sell on value & could fill the right sided attacking position naturally. 

That said, if Forestieri does leave Wednesday, would they be in for JK? They've certainly been spending a bit of money since last summer & would they have bodies that could be part of any deal? I would of thought so.

Newcastle are rumoured to still be after a striker, along with Norwich & they would both probably have players that they'd be willing to part with but would those players want to join us?

A couple of things that could affect any possible deal, how seriously do they take SL's statement of no sale to any Championship club? And has JK's blank goal scoring form made clubs think he may of been a one season wonder & not worth any possible risk?

7 minutes ago, formerly known as ivan said:

Just catching up on MOTD and hearing Pardew talk about wanting a couple of strikers, could see them potentially making a move for JK once Bolasie has gone.

He is the type of striker Pardew likes, who can create something out of nothing.

At the moment Pardew has the type of striker who can create nothing out of something.

2 hours ago, formerly known as ivan said:

Just catching up on MOTD and hearing Pardew talk about wanting a couple of strikers, could see them potentially making a move for JK once Bolasie has gone.

He is the type of striker Pardew likes, who can create something out of nothing.

Palace need a striker who'll just put the ball in the net, no need for him to do anything else!!

Would JK be that "fox in the box", I don't think so.

4 minutes ago, Tipps69 said:

Palace need a striker who'll just put the ball in the net, no need for him to do anything else!!

Would JK be that "fox in the box", I don't think so.

He wants two strikers and I believe JK would fit the bill for one of those. Whether they would be willing to pay the asking price is another matter

Just now, formerly known as ivan said:

He wants two strikers and I believe JK would fit the bill for one of those. Whether they would be willing to pay the asking price is another matter

In fairness, they've not had a decent premier league striker for ages & I would of said they've struggled to possibly find what they are looking for.

Is JK any better than Dwight Gayle or Adebayor or Wickham? I'd have my doubts but I guess £10m or so isn't a huge amount to a premier league club.

I do know that they have been chasing Benteke (who they don't seem to be able agree terms with) & Berahino (who has now stated that he will see out the remainder of his contract & walk away for nothing next summer).

I'm surprised they haven't looked abroad, they always seem to sign from Britain so maybe their scouting network isn't too good?

2 hours ago, formerly known as ivan said:

I can't see them letting Gayle go for £10m to sign Kodjia for that or slightly more. Maybe Kodjia suits the premier league a bit more as he'd have more space with the other talent on the pitch but it's a gamble I can't see a premier league club taking just yet(at the current price). 

Archived