IGNORED

Kodija - Departs for 11 Million (Merged)

mozo

Even if he is off (which I really hope he's not), does this not mean it's a Premiership or foreign team in for him and we're looking at £10m+ as SL said. 

As gutted as I'd be, that would be a great bit of business and that coupled with the Bolasie income would surely provide options. 

If there is substance to this, it could put a new angle on LJ's absence today. 

As someone has mentioned - Wednesday's team might tell us a lot. 

1 minute ago, Bristol_South_End said:

EdbKodjia has stopped following City on his Instagram and taken down all photos aside from him playing for Ivory Coast.

That's very interesting.. 

4 minutes ago, !james said:

Official site tweeted a while back that he isn't on twitter and that's a fake account

The club also declared Garita's account fake when it wasn't 

Would be very disappointed if he went, but every cloud.....

....if there was ever a time to not have to try to accommodate Kodjia, Abraham and Tomlin, it's tomorrow night v Norwich.  We can go back to 4231, Tomlin in behind Tammy, Bryan on left, with Golbourne the more defensive left back.  Maybe LJ has said he's gonna start Tammy on his own and he's had a strop.  Who knows.

I would be in no way bitter to Kodjia.  If he dies go now, he's not leaving us in the lurch.  We need better than Agard, and can show any prospective player the road to improvement, or staying with a club on the up.

1 minute ago, Charliesboots said:

Got legs. 

Ack.

Well, guess the question is now a case of how much can we get for him, and how quickly can we replace him?

We certainly can't expect to go till Christmas with just Tammy and Wilbs, as game as both would be to take up the challenge, I'm sure.

16 days to get 2 quality strikers and a centre half. If JK goes then based on the money from Alying,  Agard, JK and Bolasie we could have anything up to £16 million to spend. Now that's a tidy sum to have and could well be a God send and give us a much higher quality of player we have all been considering this summer?

2 minutes ago, Robbored said:

If he goes then he goes. There's bugger all any of us can do about it. 

He is after all just another player who, unlike us supporters,  come and go,

City will have an even bigger war chest and that's a useful bonus.

This is what we've got to remember. Players are not supporters, they are employees, with no lifelong affinity to the club. They want to play for the best club they can and earn as much as they can. If he goes it may be a bit sad, but City will have made a profit, and we've got Tammy as a replacement. With other recent transfers of Agard and Ayling it's nice that City have become a club that can do some decent wheeling  dealing. 

6 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Would be very disappointed if he went, but every cloud.....

....if there was ever a time to not have to try to accommodate Kodjia, Abraham and Tomlin, it's tomorrow night v Norwich.  We can go back to 4231, Tomlin in behind Tammy, Bryan on left, with Golbourne the more defensive left back.  Maybe LJ has said he's gonna start Tammy on his own and he's had a strop.  Who knows.

I would be in no way bitter to Kodjia.  If he dies go now, he's not leaving us in the lurch.  We need better than Agard, and can show any prospective player the road to improvement, or staying with a club on the up.

Agree with everything you say, onwards and upwards, but wishing he dies a tad harsh!!!! 

Archived