IGNORED

Kodija - Departs for 11 Million (Merged)

mozo

If Kodjia goes he goes. A club isn't for life these days and every player has his price.  But £10m for a one season hero?  Personally I would bite the hand off anyone prepared to pay that.  What is right about City at last is we have a proper management/coaching infrastructure.

Believe. COYR

15 minutes ago, Alex#40 said:

Could this all end with Kodjia getting a fat new contract? You see this a lot at higher levels player kicks off, agent spreads the word, new contract with big wage increase offered. Has he seen Tomlin's deal and thought "I'll have a bit of that..."

I think you've hit the nail on the head and he'll be gone in August or new contract 1 September -  probably off then in January or July following

Whoa, whoa, whoa *waves hands around like Sean O'Driscoll*. Quick rewind here - people don't rate Jordan Rhodes?

During the last seven seasons - so we're not talking a one-year wonder here - he's averaged 26 goals a season. TWENTY SIX!

I do get football is all about opinions and, if you don't like the way he plays, fine. But we're talking about probably the most consistent goalscorer in the EFL over the last decade - and he's still only 26 years old.

If we swap Kodjia for Rhodes we'll be in the Premier League within two seasons.

*Stops waving, goes for a lie down*.

3 hours ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Its what journalists do these days, get over it!  The days of journalists coming up with scoops that no one had expected are long gone. 

woah there, I was just making a comment no need for the get over it comment!!!

On 8/14/2016 at 05:15, Robbored said:

I'm not sure that Kodjia is PL quality but if a PL club comes  in for him at £10m then fine. I'd have no problem seeing him move on.

I actually reckon that Tomlin could play as a striker. He's got all the ability to fill that role,

I agree broadly. JK could become PL quality with the right handling, however for the right money (excess of 10m as SL said) then we are simply not going to be able to keep the boy here sensibly. Also that the idea we are temporarily short of forwards does not take into account either Tomlin or Freeman as a forward and to be frank if we lined up with 1 in attack tonight and five in midfield then it wouldn't be a massive surprise.

Issue is who we have in mind, strangely I find myself agreeing with you twice in one day, as I saw your comment about being strangely confident in MA and LJ. With in excess of 16m in the coffers (Agard Bolaise Ayling Kodjia) we can afford to take a really good look at availability particularly with players that fit the age (hint) policy...If JK is really on his way (I'm not convinced yet) to <Enter PL Club Here> then we are going shopping with some cash in the pocket!! Happy Days!   

2 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

I agree broadly. JK could become PL quality with the right handling, however for the right money (excess of 10m as SL said) then we are simply not going to be able to keep the boy here sensibly. Also that the idea we are temporarily short of forwards does not take into account either Tomlin or Freeman as a forward and to be frank if we lined up with 1 in attack tonight and five in midfield then it wouldn't be a massive surprise.

Issue is who we have in mind, strangely I find myself agreeing with you twice in one day, as I saw your comment about being strangely confident in MA and LJ. With in excess of 16m in the coffers (Agard Bolaise Ayling Kodjia) we can afford to take a really good look at availability particularly with players that fit the age (hint) policy...If JK is really on his way (I'm not convinced yet) to <Enter PL Club Here> then we are going shopping with some cash in the pocket!! Happy Days!   

And every selling club will know this .

Just now, Major Isewater said:

And every selling club will know this .

Of course the price will possibly go up for some players, that's business, supply, demand and leverage, however IF JK is going then those negotiations are already ongoing. The money coming in is a part of club policy in action, a far better scenario than buying players and selling for a massive loss, which s of course the City tradition!

Just now, Fordy62 said:

More bizarrely, I've just had a 'Jimmy danger is typing' notification!

Interesting.. Snapchat would be potentially the most interesting thing to have him on. I think if he's on the move, it'll be shown on there! Brownhill and the other players posting on Instagram about flying to Norwich now, if Kodjia is having lunch somewhere then maybe he's not travelled..

14 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Jealous he's accepted you, I added him months ago and not been accepted!!

Ah. I've just been following some random chap from the USA, he's just replied saying he's not Kodjia and it happens all the time! I wondered why I've never seen him in any of them!

Just now, Fordy62 said:

Ah. I've just been following some random chap from the USA, he's just replied saying he's not Kodjia and it happens all the time! I wondered why I've never seen him in any of them!

Ah shame; thought we'd have potentially some inside info if you'd infiltrated his snapchat friends! Oh well, we'll just have to look for more pic Instagram deletions and make conspiracies from that instead!

14 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Ah shame; thought we'd have potentially some inside info if you'd infiltrated his snapchat friends! Oh well, we'll just have to look for more pic Instagram deletions and make conspiracies from that instead!

Two positives to take from this...

1. The random American (who isn't JK) has just told me we ****** up by leaving the EU  

2. Scotty has just confirmed that JK has gone to Norwich. 

7 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

And you're a detective you say? 

2 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Sargeant: "Any new leads, lads? The suspect is a black male of French/Ivorian descent, professional footballer...."

Fordy, interrupting: "We've got a lead Sarge, there's this 40 year old white male in the USA..."

Everyone now and then you get moments of comedy genius on here, that made I chuckle more than anything on here in a long, long time

Cap well and truly doffed

1 hour ago, Fordy62 said:

Two positives to take from this...

1. The random American (who isn't JK) has just told me we ****** up by leaving the EU  

2. Scotty has just confirmed that JK has gone to Norwich. 

Are you sure it's Scotty not Scotty and JK is JK not Jim Kirk?

I just don't know who to trust any more.

2 minutes ago, Coppello said:

If you look at the BCFC official snapchat it shows a shot of the changing room. You can see Kodjia's shirt hung up so it probably means he's travelled or conversely they could just be letting it dry?

Yes Kodjia has just been seen warming up on the pitch 

Maybe we could sign this random chap from the USA that Fordy62 was following who gets mistaken for JK all the time. He could run up and down the touchline and take three opposition defenders out of the game as they mistakenly follow him. After all, if one of Britain's finest detectives was taken in by this, and, apparently, it happens all the time, what chance do opposition defenders with one or two GCSEs between them stand of not falling for this. Loads of room created for the real Jimmy Danger.

Furthermore, if we do sell JK we could throw that random USA chap in for an extra 5 Mill, as he would suddenly become worthless to us...indeed, he'd be a liability if we were playing JK's new team. So win, win all round.

Archived