IGNORED

Kodija - Departs for 11 Million (Merged)

mozo

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

.... and either compliment Abraham, Tomlin or both.....

What? Tell them they look great in their new clobber?! Tell them they are great players?!

Oh, sorry, you meant 'complement'....

(apologies Dave, pedantic Friday after a couple of Merlots! I'll buy you half a shandy at the game tomorrow to make up for it...)

1 hour ago, The Horse With No Name said:

Have heard today from a very reliable source that City have recieved several offers if around 5 mill for him, however they would accept immediately any offer of 8 mill, so the 10 from Derby is just not true.

This is complete conspiracy theory stuff, but would be interesting if Kodjia has heard this too, and quite fancies one of the clubs. Could get you really angry like, and then you explode in to...deleting stuff off your social media. That will tell 'em.

Let's for a second take these so far unsubstantiated rumours of £10m to Derby as fact...how do fans react to Steve Lansdown point blank saying this wouldn't happen and then it happening? Put aside the amount of money involved, SL breaking his promise to the fans?

4 minutes ago, Alex#40 said:

Let's for a second take these so far unsubstantiated rumours of £10m to Derby as fact...how do fans react to Steve Lansdown point blank saying this wouldn't happen and then it happening? Put aside the amount of money involved, SL breaking his promise to the fans?

I don`t for one minute think he`ll go to Derby but if he did I suspect it would be turned round on to the player, unhappy, asked for a move etc.

2 hours ago, Stockwood nick said:

If its true that derby have bid 10 mil for him, then, with the ACON comign up in november, i reckon it'll be great business to sell him!! That saying, if we cant get a replacement in this little time, then thats suicide!!

ACON is in January and early February!

If championship interest comes in for him, we need to hit them as hard as possible in the bank. It's why I can't see it happening. SL said he wouldn't sell him to the championship and I believe that but I'm sure there is a price even he'd accept and I'd have no problem with it if he was sold to Derby as long as they matched our ridiculous price tag. Sure Kodjia could want to go but he signed the 3(4) year deal and has plenty of time left on it. We are in the same division and they haven't gone up for a few years now. So Kodjia would have to toughen up and get on with it. We can talk about a new contract of he wants but I wouldn't sell him to a rival for less than £12m. Especially this close to the end of the window though I would be excited to see the kind of player we could attract with that money. 

2 hours ago, The Horse With No Name said:

Have heard today from a very reliable source that City have recieved several offers if around 5 mill for him, however they would accept immediately any offer of 8 mill, so the 10 from Derby is just not true.

8m haha don't be daft..

Lansdowns already said he won't sell for 10m and won't sell to a championship club... Sounds really realiable 

1 hour ago, 'keepuplino' said:

8m haha don't be daft..

Lansdowns already said he won't sell for 10m and won't sell to a championship club... Sounds really realiable 

Well take it from me, the source is from as high as it gets. I'm saying no more, but if the 8 was from a Championship club, he would still be gone. 

2 hours ago, Alex#40 said:

I suspect he would quite like to keep him, but also wants to talk the price as high as possible if he may be off. Bit of a hostage to fortune if we sell to another Championship side for £8m given what he has said, but would not put it in the 'he lied to us' heading. Pretty sure we were never the audience for this message.

Met a girl once at a match I quite took a shine to. Having got to know her a bit better I asked whether she would spend the night with me for £100k. She smiled and then said 'sure'. I then asked whether she would for £5. She seemed to get a bit upset at this and said 'what kind of girl do you take me for?' I replied we had just established that, and that we were now just haggling over the price.

What SL did not say was 'he is not for sale'.

4 minutes ago, cityexile said:

I suspect he would quite like to keep him, but also wants to talk the price as high as possible if he may be off. Bit of a hostage to fortune if we sell to another Championship side for £8m given what he has said, but would not put it in the 'he lied to us' heading. Pretty sure we were never the audience for this message.

Met a girl once at a match I quite took a shine to. Having got to know her a bit better I asked whether she would sleep with me for £100k. She smiled and then said 'sure'. I then asked whether she would for £5. She seemed to get a bit upset at this and said 'what kind of girl do you take me for?'. I replied we had just established that, and that we were now just haggling over the price.

What SL did not say was 'he is not for sale'.

That was pinched from Winston Churchill!

Just now, Bat Fastard said:

That was pinched from Winston Churchill!

...but dear BF, I will be sober in the morning.

I knew I was nicking it from 'somebody once said' in the back of my mind, but did not recollect it was one of Winston's, I must confess.

And when exactly did he go to AG last?

1 minute ago, cityexile said:

...but dear BF, I will be sober in the morning.

I knew I was nicking it from 'somebody once said' in the back of my mind, but did not recollect it was one of Winston's, I must confess.

And when exactly did he go to AG last?

Not since the mid 1960s at least!

please stop this sh=te he aint going nowhere. all as it does is upset the player. knows a bloke who is a friend  of old bloke down the pub who knows nowt gives it my auntys best friends son  knows a bloke in the know. as i support our team i know sweet f a.an d am fed up with all this rubbish

26 minutes ago, stawey said:

please stop this sh=te he aint going nowhere. all as it does is upset the player. knows a bloke who is a friend  of old bloke down the pub who knows nowt gives it my auntys best friends son  knows a bloke in the know. as i support our team i know sweet f a.an d am fed up with all this rubbish

They're all bored mate.

I don't think we will sell him. Not unless it's silly money. Which states the obvious I guess.

However - a part of me does wonder that if we did get silly money for him, who we could then go and buy. We've never had a significant incoming fee like this (Dunno if Akinbayi is comparable??). A couple of exciting talents from overseas and a somewhat proven striker at this level? To roll the dice or not.....

Probably not.

11 hours ago, reformed_red said:

I don't think we will sell him. Not unless it's silly money. Which states the obvious I guess.

However - a part of me does wonder that if we did get silly money for him, who we could then go and buy. We've never had a significant incoming fee like this (Dunno if Akinbayi is comparable??). A couple of exciting talents from overseas and a somewhat proven striker at this level? To roll the dice or not.....

Probably not.

If it was July I'd roll the dice myself. Part of me likes a project and say £12m could net us a few gems from Europe. Being 5 days or so from the end of the window, I'd say defeinately not. Don't think we could replace him in time. Though with LJ, MA and the new scout(can't ever remember his name) I would probably be proven wrong. I'm sure there are many young strikers throughout the continent that could do a job and help their resale value. We always go with the more well known names around here and I'd love them but there are lesser profile ones(Mousset for example) that would be wonderful buys. 

32 minutes ago, WhistleHappy said:

...hmm, thank heavens I didn't write 'polishing Lansdown's toblerone,' it don't bear thinking about the possible responses on here to a comment like that...

( ooh you are awful brizzlelou, - but I like you.. :) )

It reminds me of the episode of Benidorm when Geraldine tells the story of when Donald was sat on the roof of the hotel naked, rocking back and forth and everybody was worried he'd toss himself off

:laughcont:

Archived