IGNORED

Kodija - Departs for 11 Million (Merged)

mozo

1 minute ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Let's wait and see if we need to be disappointed, we need 2 strikers to be honest.

Very true. We have made a lot of changes in the last two weeks. Players as well as fans must be very confused. Not a lot of time left in this window so like you say wait and see. If none come in I can see us struggle.

Just now, robinreliant said:

Jamie Paterson is one. Hmmm is he the answer ? Has scored a few goals. You say we need two. Any ideas who else ?

Not what I would call a striker, still need 2 strikers I would say, no idea but i'm sure that the club will have a list of potential replacements and a big wad of money available.

2 hours ago, M.D said:

My take..

Your driving round in a car worth £800, its not running well but the mrs loves it, its red and she looks good in it as it matches her hair.

Then some northern git turns up and says " I will get that running and give you £1400 for it"

My reply would be "Cash only" and buy the Mrs something lovely with the profit..

or £1500 and I will throw in the missus!

I would guess at Hull, Middlesborough (maybe), WBA (maybe).

All of whom will be able to spend the necessary money to take JK.

Derby are desperate though having only scored 1 goal so far this season.

All adds up to the highest bid wins & they only have a limited time to get the deal done.

If we know he's going, get the replacement in before JK goes & hopefully we won't be held to ransom too much.

2 minutes ago, Tipps69 said:

I would guess at Hull, Middlesborough (maybe), WBA (maybe).

All of whom will be able to spend the necessary money to take JK.

Derby are desperate though having only scored 1 goal so far this season.

All adds up to the highest bid wins & they only have a limited time to get the deal done.

If we know he's going, get the replacement in before JK goes & hopefully we won't be held to ransom too much.

Everything adds up to the fact that we're preparing for him to be gone. 

Today sweetens that immensely. 

6 minutes ago, ROSEBUD RED said:

Derby just announced Vydra, so prem more likely

Is Vydra what is classed as a goal scoring forward? Doesn't strike me as that prolific & he is their only permanent signing so far this summer, so I would expect Pearson would expect more money to spend.

Maybe a few of Derby's more regular players may get cleared out as Pearson would like his own players in?

2 minutes ago, Chairman Mao said:

First time I can remember a player going for serious money, guess Adomah for a £1m was the most previously?

Cole went to Newcastle for £1.75m in 1993. Considering the way transfer fee's has escalated since then it may compare to the JK fee. It was a Newcastle record at the time.

3 hours ago, City_USA said:

I'm thinking maybe another club came in at the eleventh hour and we have a bidding war on our hands?

I have a sneaking suspicion you are right. LJ made it clear that multiple bids have been received this summer and with the window closing shortly panic stations at a few clubs....

We dont have to sell so show us the money!

41 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

I have a sneaking suspicion you are right. LJ made it clear that multiple bids have been received this summer and with the window closing shortly panic stations at a few clubs....

We dont have to sell so show us the money!

I think he will end up at Hull City.

5 hours ago, billywedlock said:

Run where with the money? I assume we have signed a replacement? He was that good actually and was getting better. We have an 18 year old and a pensioner as forwards. I know people will sign this week , but JK was a goalscorer, 20 at that. If he was not that good why would a team in our league sign him for 14M. I don't get your logic at all. 

Because like Tomarse said "he doesn't want to be here". 

1 hour ago, Chairman Mao said:

First time I can remember a player going for serious money, guess Adomah for a £1m was the most previously? Aside from Ade of course 

Lita to Reading (£2m?) and Cotterill to Wigan after having a blinder at Northampton (£2.5m?) spring to mind...have a lot more confidence in how we'll reinvest the profit this time around!

Archived