IGNORED

Kodija - Departs for 11 Million (Merged)

mozo

1 minute ago, Tomarse said:

I imagine the deal is agreed in principle subject to a fee being finalised 

The club haven't yet told Kodjia where Derby is, as they don't want to jeopordise the deal.

20 minutes ago, SimonL said:

Again landsdown's credibility is down the pan. Says one thing then does another. 

Clubs consistently say in public that such and such player is not for sale at any price then sell. It's a negotiating tactic to push up the price and this is another example of it working in the selling club's favour.

22 minutes ago, SimonL said:

Again landsdown's credibility is down the pan. Says one thing then does another. 

If you actually believed he would turn down money from a team in our league that's your fault. No doubt all part of the negotiating putting out a statement like that. 

5 minutes ago, Robin1988 said:

£14million pounds Billy. 14 million.

If you believe what I heard from a mate who works at Scunthorpe as to why he didn't start on Tuesday you might think differently...

This entirely.

Look everyone - LJ and MA aren't stupid. They have a list as long as your arm for every position we've been after this summer. They knew Kodjia would be in demand; this isn't necessarily welcome, but it's not a huge surprise. We will spend what we need to, replace him and still keep a sizable profit, I'm sure of it.

What happened at Scunny?

If JK hasn't actually gone yet, if I was anyone of importance at City i'd be having a word with Villa's big wigs & making them aware that JK could be going to Derby & add a few extra million on & see if we can get them interested in putting the price up......

14 minutes ago, chinapig said:

Agree but I hope we already have a deal agreed for that striker. Otherwise it's 3 days of clubs putting up the prices because we have £10m to play with.

With other sales recently, plus the Bolaise money we have a fair old fund.

I assume we lose a fair chunk of any fee for Kodjia due to a sell on clause?

Raising to £14m based on what? Pretty certain, or including stuff like winning the World Cup with France?

Real shame, but if a player really wants to move on, it is a case of what can you get. From a purely financial aspect, it does look a great purchase on our part! 

5 minutes ago, cityexile said:

With other sales recently, plus the Bolaise money we have a fair old fund.

I assume we lose a fair chunk of any fee for Kodjia due to a sell on clause?

Raising to £14m based on what? Pretty certain, or including stuff like winning the World Cup with France?

Real shame, but if a player really wants to move on, it is a case of what can you get. From a purely financial aspect, it does look a great purchase on our part! 

Learning English fluently?

Number of times he's offside over the season? :shocking:

11 minutes ago, 29AR said:

If you actually believed he would turn down money from a team in our league that's your fault. No doubt all part of the negotiating putting out a statement like that. 

My take on his statement is SL can back it up. He puts a figure of 10 million on the players head, clubs know because of his wealth we don't need to sell and won't sell below that figure. 

The comment about only selling to a premiership club, indicates a championship club needs to pay a premium

Personally I think it was a smart move by him, he's available and these are our terms 

8 minutes ago, Tipps69 said:

If JK hasn't actually gone yet, if I was anyone of importance at City i'd be having a word with Villa's big wigs & making them aware that JK could be going to Derby & add a few extra million on & see if we can get them interested in putting the price up......

Perhaps Villa are taking him  but they made it conditional on him not playing against them today?

The word was out the other night he'd refused to play so it's been inevitable since then, just a case of getting the best price. £10m rising to £14m is enough but we do need replacements. 

Oh and Lansdown did not say he wouldn't sell, he said we didn't need to. Once the player forces your hand there's no other outcome. 

I expect we have targets in mind and we've already had a fantastic window. The key now is not to panic and make mistakes. We aren't going up or down so we can wait for the right ones if we have to. 

1 minute ago, daored said:

My take on his statement is SL can back it up. He puts a figure if 10 million on the players head, clubs know because of his wealth we don't need to sell and won't sell below that figure. 

The comment about only selling to a premiership club, indicates a championship club needs to pay over that figure.

Personally I think it was a smart move by him, he's available and these are our terms 

Also makes me think that the club knew that Kodjia was unsettled/unhappy/been tapped up or all three so decided to get the best deal they could get before the window shuts.

10 minutes ago, Olé said:

I don't think his mum was a production line

3 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Where is rudolf hucker to when you need him

Round Kodjia's Mum's house?

My take..

Your driving round in a car worth £800, its not running well but the mrs loves it, its red and she looks good in it as it matches her hair.

Then some northern git turns up and says " I will get that running and give you £1400 for it"

My reply would be "Cash only" and buy the Mrs something lovely with the profit..

1 minute ago, Robin1988 said:

Apparently there was some issue with him. I'm not sure what but I think it stopped him starting.

As I said on another thread sometime ago the French are the undefeated world champions at sulking.

And this just about sums it up for me I would say.

Some total mentalness in the Championship transfer market right now ...

Sad to read that he could be on his way out, but I expected it, based on our recent transfer activity.

It could turn out to be a fantastic choice, which could really strenghten the team and bring BC to a higher level...but this sort of choice can bring also some risks: we don't know who will be his replacement, if his settling in the team will be fast, etc.

IF Kodjia will go away (it's not official yet), I hope LJ and MA will know how to take advantage of this move,

If it's true then as some others have said, good deal. I feel quite relieved actually and trust our management to replace him and spend it wisely. Reckon we must have someone lined up already. Can't quite get over how much money it will mean we've brought in for 4 players and then the Bolasie money too. Must be getting on for £22-23m! What!

Archived