IGNORED

Kodija - Departs for 11 Million (Merged)

mozo

5 minutes ago, milo1111 said:

Softie

Maybe. The fact is, yes, football is all about money and progress, but Kodjia was a real gem that we plucked from the French leagues. For some reason, that makes it more special to me, however fickle that may seem. 

My comment saying I almost wish he didn't leave was perhaps a bit facetious, but I'm a big fan of Kodjia and will always respect him for the job he's done for us. Therefore, the prospect of him struggling in the Premier League (which in my mind is a very real one) worries me. Never want to see a former City player struggle, apart from Nicky Hunt.

As for the fee, if a PL club breaks their transfer record to sign him (which Hull apparently could do), that's only going to heap more pressure on him in a situation I don't think he's ready for.

2 minutes ago, Luxo Jr. said:

Maybe. The fact is, yes, football is all about money and progress, but Kodjia was a real gem that we plucked from the French leagues. For some reason, that makes it more special to me, however fickle that may seem. 

My comment saying I almost wish he didn't leave was perhaps a bit facetious, but I'm a big fan of Kodjia and will always respect him for the job he's done for us. Therefore, the prospect of him struggling in the Premier League (which in my mind is a very real one) worries me. Never want to see a former City player struggle, apart from Nicky Hunt.

As for the fee, if a PL club breaks their transfer record to sign him (which Hull apparently could do), that's only going to heap more pressure on him in a situation I don't think he's ready for.

I get what you are saying. I just get the impression kodjia doesnt really appreciate the fact city have given him his chance in this country seeing enough in him to pay a decent fee and contract. Therefore i dont feel much attachment to him. If it were flint for example i would be wanting him to do well.

10 minutes ago, Charliesboots said:

I don't think that matters too much  they want out of the Championship and 'it's only money' is the mantra. 

Well you can't begrudge him that move to be fair. They're a premier league club really with one of the top 5 average attendences in the country despite being in the the championship. 

He's going that looks a given so lets look at life without him.

Fantastic last season but it seems his head was turned quite a while ago.

With Abraham coming in early it seems Johnson has seen this one coming. Our 20 goal striker has started the season out wide and a lot on here have been saying how can we play Jimmy.Tomlin and Abraham in the same team?

Well we can't we look in quite a good state without him.

How many goals has he scored this season?  if he wants to go good luck fella as the song goes gonna get along without you now!!!

8 minutes ago, Charliesboots said:

Funnily enough with a broken mug too....

Couldn't go today due to a wedding and now I can't even enjoy the pi$$ up as the little one has kicked off so I'm sat in the hotel room with her, but the thought of our striker being fought over for the region of £14m is giving a little solice. As much as I love JK it's crazy crazy times if he goes for anything over £10m let alone £14m plus.  

3 minutes ago, stephenkibby. said:

He's going that looks a given so lets look at life without him.

Fantastic last season but it seems his head was turned quite a while ago.

With Abraham coming in early it seems Johnson has seen this one coming. Our 20 goal striker has started the season out wide and a lot on here have been saying how can we play Jimmy.Tomlin and Abraham in the same team?

Well we can't we look in quite a good state without him.

How many goals has he scored this season?  if he wants to go good luck fella as the song goes gonna get along without you now!!!

LJ said Tammy has a pretty bad ankle injury , plus he's only 18 . He will need a break he's only a kid so we probably need two strikers in especially if Kodjia's going 

At 2pm we were mostly peed off with the reports of him heading off to Derby as reported by the Post. If he's off to the Premier League then fair enough and best for all round and take as much as we can for him. I'm sure like most city fans we don't want to make any of our supposed Championship rivals stronger no matter how much they offer. 

2 minutes ago, SimonL said:

At 2pm we were mostly peed off with the reports of him heading off to Derby as reported by the Post. If he's off to the Premier League then fair enough and best for all round and take as much as we can for him. I'm sure like most city fans we don't want to make any of our supposed Championship rivals stronger no matter how much they offer. 

Speak for yourself. For £14m I was about to go back to the car and drive JK to Derby myself.

12 minutes ago, SimonL said:

It's no good unless we have some one lined up. What happens if our main 18 year old forward gets injured for an extended period. Wilbs!!!!!!??? 

Did you not see Wilbs turn of pace, strength and then sublime back-heel today :P

As an aside, it really shouldn't after 5 games, but I am sure our current league position may help right at the margin for players looking at us. I am sure this time last year one or two players may have looked at us as being in trouble all season and thought 'nah'.

Yeah, having put 3 past Villa may turn a couple of heads and the fact we weren't blown away by Newcastle and Norwich. We have the financial capability to spend big but doubt we would be held to ransom, could see us paying a decent sized loan fee rather than get held to ransom.

5 hours ago, steviestevieneville said:

The game is  officially gone if he goes for £14m but if chairman start panicking then so be it.  

The closer we get to Wednesday & the more the interested clubs fail to get a decent striker in, the more desperate they will become & knowing that we don't need the money will only help to put the price up plus the fact that JK still has a long time to run on his contract.

Could Pearson be looking to stamp "his" authority onto the squad?

Those two you have mentioned are his only signings so far this summer & they've managed to score 1 goal so far this season, so have become desperate to click into gear & there's a lack of proven ability (striker wise) available at Championship level & that has made Derby even more desperate.

I agree it's crazy but we hold all the cards with regards to how desperate Derby are & also now 3 Premier League teams although I would of expected the Premier League clubs to of had more options available to them, what with all the riches of being in the Premier League but if it is Hull who are interested then they are a mess of a club currently, an owner who is disliked, a takeover that seems to be taking ages, no manager after Bruce walked because of the mess & a lack of signings because of all the uncertainty regarding ownership & management so they have also become desperate.

Makes me grateful to support such a settled club who clearly have a game plan & we are now starting to reap the rewards.

Archived