IGNORED

Kodija - Departs for 11 Million (Merged)

mozo

27 minutes ago, formerly known as ivan said:

As much as we would like a bidding war it's probably best things move quickly so we can get on with our own business.

A replacement from somewhere out in Europe who represents value for money like Kodjia would be great.

I wouldn't say we need JK to move before we move for any possible targets.

We have money from Bolasie, Ayling, Agard & Williams, so if we know who we want it shouldn't be held up by JK moving & I wouldn't expect us to spend all that money on one signing.

4 hours ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Not what I would call a striker, still need 2 strikers I would say, no idea but i'm sure that the club will have a list of potential replacements and a big wad of money available.

No not an out and out striker but as a right sided winger maybe better than Kodjia at playing the right of a front three which is how Kodjia has been used recently.

One in ready to sell I reckon  and then use the money to make a big money, out and out striker signing. Hopefully one of: Rhodes, Wells, Assombalonga.

If someone had said swap one of them for Kodjia a few months back I'd have taken it. One good season doesn't mean he'd do it again this. Those three have all got goals over a longer period of time at this level 

51 minutes ago, formerly known as ivan said:

As much as we would like a bidding war it's probably best things move quickly so we can get on with our own business.

A replacement from somewhere out in Europe who represents value for money like Kodjia would be great.

The way football works these days clubs line up a deal based on other deals going through so shouldn't be an issue

..... Famous last words!!!!

oh well we can always get someone on loan .... Oh no wait a minute!! Transfer deadline day will be a lot more exciting this year

Funny old game.  At half-time today, 1-0 down, Kodjia on his way (probably), you're wondering whether the early season optimism of a 2-win start has gone.

At £14m though, you can afford 4 players at £3.5m....which is 4 record transfer fees!  Bit of context!

54 minutes ago, Tipps69 said:

I wouldn't say we need JK to move before we move for any possible targets.

We have money from Bolasie, Ayling, Agard & Williams, so if we know who we want it shouldn't be held up by JK moving & I wouldn't expect us to spend all that money on one signing.

Whose to say that City aren't holding up any deal? Get replacements in then confirm he's been sold, we do appear not to be so naive as previous seasons. Once it's common knowledge we've sold for a large sum, we have to pay a premium on any players we look to sign

10 minutes ago, daored said:

Whose to say that City aren't holding up any deal? Get replacements in then confirm he's been sold, we do appear not to be so naive as previous seasons. Once it's common knowledge we've sold for a large sum, we have to pay a premium on any players we look to sign

True but I think anyone can look up Bristol City transfer news on google and find 6 links to articles about Kodjia and his possible fee. Easy to put 2 and 2 together if we are bidding £5-6m for one of your players. Plus they'll see the Bolasie sell on etc. Don't think you can hide the fact you have money as easily as before 

Sorry…..but has Kodjia actually said he wants to leave? Everyone seems very keen too sell him?   I'd prefer him to stay, but have I missed the fact that somewhere he has stated that he no longer wants to play for us? 14m is a lot of money……….but we still have to replace a 20 goals a season striker, which will not come cheap.

8 hours ago, SimonL said:

Again landsdown's credibility is down the pan. Says one thing then does another. 

If, as now seems likely, he joins Hull, then it is only Stockhausen's credibility that takes a further battering...

28 minutes ago, maxjak said:

How is it a good move for him? They'll probably be back in the Championship next season!

Financially,  probably very good with a signing on fee and increased salary. From a footballing point of view, it's as you say - probably back in the Championship next season 

8 minutes ago, Luxo Jr. said:

I almost hope he doesn't go for such a large figure to a Premier League club for his benefit. I don't think he's nearly ready enough for the Prem, and could get slaughtered if he doesn't fire in the goals immediately. 

You are joking surely. This is business. Kodjia is using us as a stepping stone which is fair enough. By the same token if we get a mega bucks fee i dont give a stuff what happens to him after.

10 minutes ago, Luxo Jr. said:

I almost hope he doesn't go for such a large figure to a Premier League club for his benefit. I don't think he's nearly ready enough for the Prem, and could get slaughtered if he doesn't fire in the goals immediately. 

I'm more bothered about the club than one player. 

£14m is a ridiculous figure for someone of his ability, he's good but no where near as good as that figure suggests. 

Excellent money for the club and I don't give two shits if JK can't live up to it. Great if he does, and we have a sell on clause mind.

28 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

Financially,  probably very good with a signing on fee and increased salary. From a footballing point of view, it's as you say - probably back in the Championship next season 

However if they are relegated and he scores a decent amount if could see another premier league club wanting to take him on.

Archived