IGNORED

Kodija - Departs for 11 Million (Merged)

mozo

4 minutes ago, billywedlock said:

Noooooooo sold to Derby. Total total idiots . 

He doesn't want to be here. Take the money and run. He's good but not worth that.

16 hours ago, The Horse With No Name said:

Ha ha no not quite

Well take it from me, the source is from as high as it gets. I'm saying no more, but if the 8 was from a Championship club, he would still be gone. 

16 hours ago, hodge said:

So Steve Lansdown.....

Ha ha no not quite

Maggie then?

Correction - Maggie is as high as it can get ( so says Sir Steve)

15 hours ago, stawey said:

please stop this sh=te he aint going nowhere. all as it does is upset the player. knows a bloke who is a friend  of old bloke down the pub who knows nowt gives it my auntys best friends son  knows a bloke in the know. as i support our team i know sweet f a.an d am fed up with all this rubbish

Sorry 

2 minutes ago, Tomarse said:

He doesn't want to be here. Take the money and run. He's good but not worth that.

Have to agree with this. Hate to see him go but that is so much money for our club. We can put that fantastic use. That's 2 more Windows like this one paid for. 

Just now, billywedlock said:

Run where with the money? I assume we have signed a replacement? He was that good actually and was getting better. We have an 18 year old and a pensioner as forwards. I know people will sign this week , but JK was a goalscorer, 20 at that. If he was not that good why would a team in our league sign him for 14M. I don't get your logic at all. 

He didn't even want to play on weds. Get rid 

2 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

So much for "we wont sell to another championship club. No matter what the offer"

SL actually added the caveat of 10 mil and we might listen, if correct 14 mil is a great price for somebody who hasn't scored since Huddersfield at home last season, 14 mil he's good but not that good, great business.

1 minute ago, Tomarse said:

He didn't even want to play on weds. Get rid 

Agree again. Didn't look the same jolly lad this year. He seems a bit of a mercenary and that's fine because we'll be making 7x what we paid for him. I know Angers get some but fantastic business and he's the only one so far that seems in it for the money in our squad. This is our club growing. We will see players go for the next couple years but after those years we will be a strong team with money to spend. 

As much as £14m is an outstanding sale figure for JK, I must admit I'm very sad about him leaving. The best striker I've seen play for us (since 2003/4). Providing we find an adequate replacement it's good business. But right now I'm sad because he was an excellent player and he needs to be replaced soon and with someone who could match Abrahams rate of scoring. Assombalonga? Akpom? Adam Armstrong? I don't know but I hope those in charge are a fax away from signing that person. 

Coincidence that he hasn't scored yet this season.

Perhaps agent has been putting feelers out in order to cash in on last season's performance and he knew that there were clubs interested. If his head has been turned then best to see at that sort of money so we are not stuck with a player moping about and disgruntled because he doesn't want to be here any more.

Just hope that LJ and MA had a contingency plan for the eventuality and  decent striker is lined up. =Tammy might have started on fire but we need an experienced front man to help his progress. 

1 minute ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

SL actually added the caveat of 10 mil and we might listen, if correct 14 mil is a great price for somebody who hasn't scored since Huddersfield at home last season, 14 mil he's good but not that good, great business.

No, he did actually say he wouldnt sell to another Championship club, no matter what the price

8 minutes ago, Tomarse said:

My views as well. The statement from SL was in my opinion to say we don't need to sell and won't be bullied into selling but if the price is right......

Interesting to see who we've got lined up. 

2 minutes ago, SimonL said:

Again landsdown's credibility is down the pan. Says one thing then does another. 

So we turn down an unbelievable offer and are stuck with a player not so interested in being her, who falls well short of last seasons performance and we ship him out in January for a fraction of what Derby have offered.

Bet fans would then blame Lansdown for looking a gift horse in the mouth.

Archived