IGNORED

Euro 2016 thread

Super

On 21 June 2016 at 21:55, North London Red said:

Wales might now secretly be fancying their chances of reaching the final, given they're in the other half of the draw from Italy, Spain, Germany, France and England. The strongest teams in their half of the draw are probably Croatia and (if they finish second in their group) Belgium, who the Welsh beat in qualifying. 

On 21 June 2016 at 23:19, BA14 RED said:

Wales will lose to Poland, Belgium, Portugal and Croatia in that side of the draw.

I am sorry they arent in the same class as those teams.

Still betting against them? That's Belgium seen off, and Croatia and Poland have been knocked out by other teams. 

Portugal and Ronaldo may prove a bridge too far but I think they've shown they're very much in the same class as Belgium as a team. 

4 minutes ago, Iron Man said:

Something ironic about Wales three goal scorers being English.

Indeed, especially when you keep reading that English players aren't good enough to reach the latter stages of tournaments. Three separate goal scorers tonight were born in England.

The energy levels shown by Wales tonight also raise an interesting question over whether the lack of a winter break in English football is really a valid excuse for lethargic summer tournament performances. 

7 hours ago, North London Red said:

Still betting against them? That's Belgium seen off, and Croatia and Poland have been knocked out by other teams. 

Portugal and Ronaldo may prove a bridge too far but I think they've shown they're very much in the same class as Belgium as a team. 

No I am not, fair play to them they have proved me and many others wrong.

On 21 June 2016 at 23:19, BA14 RED said:

Wales will lose to Poland, Belgium, Portugal and Croatia in that side of the draw.

I am sorry they arent in the same class as those teams.

On 21 June 2016 at 23:52, ChippenhamRed said:

How many times in football do unexpected results, unlikely upsets and giant killings have to happen before people stop deciding the outcome of matches in absolute terms, before a ball has been kicked?

Permission to be smug sir?

7 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Permission to be smug sir?

You carry on, may I say it was mainly down to the fact I was hoping they wouldnt get so far but after how we played and how they played last night you cannot take it away from them.

9 minutes ago, City169 said:

My little sister has predicted the winner in the last 6 games right, and has said Italy will win tonight.

So I've put £10 on them winning- really hope she's right again!

But is this the first time you`ve had a bet based on it? You just know it`s the first one she`ll get wrong if it is.

38 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

But is this the first time you`ve had a bet based on it? You just know it`s the first one she`ll get wrong if it is.

It is, I could have won loads if I'd had the others, the Iceland and Wales wins alone would have won a lot.

57 minutes ago, City169 said:

My little sister has predicted the winner in the last 6 games right, and has said Italy will win tonight.

So I've put £10 on them winning- really hope she's right again!

My daughter backed Italy to win at the start, despite me telling her won't! What do I know against an 11 year old!

20 hours ago, North London Red said:

Indeed, especially when you keep reading that English players aren't good enough to reach the latter stages of tournaments. Three separate goal scorers tonight were born in England.

The energy levels shown by Wales tonight also raise an interesting question over whether the lack of a winter break in English football is really a valid excuse for lethargic summer tournament performances. 

Spot on.

Wales Chris Gunter has played 65 games this season, looked ok running up and down the right flank; Kyle Walker (just about our best player out there) needed a rest, according to Roy, though, because of all his running up and down the right flank. Walker has played 43 games this season.

Well done, Roy.

Archived