IGNORED

Euro 2016 thread

Super

8 hours ago, One Team In Keynsham said:

Back at the in-laws' from the game.  What utterly witless shit****ery from them all.

I wasn't shocked, wasn't surprised wasn't upset.  But possibly worst of all I wasn't arsed.

They can all go **** themselves. 

That's no way to talk about your in-laws OTIK.

13 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

It's all a bit Swindon, isn't it?

In fairness to the welsh who can blame them after the OTT celebrations after we beat them. Everyone is laughing at us.

53 minutes ago, Cowshed said:

Until the Premier League reforms from being the capitalist whore house of world football, then I'd imagine we will see very similar results over the coming years...

Losing to nations who invest more in grass roots football per capita.

Nations like Iceland!

Nail on head. 

England played the way Lagerbäck wanted. No speed with the ball, no tempo. No straight balls in to the penalty area. Iceland did know every minut what they were doing. The Young MU player did more in five minutes than rest of England. Made a bet that England should be the champions. Before the game the Icelandplayers said that they were not afraid of England and they go for a win. The mentallyti in England was afraid. No one took the runs, the work, everybody just waiting Another player should do it. Iceland 11 players and one unit. They know exactly what they should do in 90min. Managerwin wlin for Lagerbäck vs Hodgson. Ironic that Roy have been the teacher for Lars Lagerbäck.

I hope Italy win the tournament now for me selfishly as I put a bet on them pre tournament at 18/1.

Also like Antonio Conte - now there is a Manager who knows what he is doing and cares about his country and the players follow him. Would love to see them lift the trophy, this tournament has proved team work and passion can go a long way.

6 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

It would be nice if the England squad and officials donated just a weeks pay each to the NHS as a way of saying sorry to the nation. They won't miss it and you'll probably be able to build a small hospital with the sum.

Why? Not down to them.

2 minutes ago, Super said:

Why? Not down to them.

Hodgson was only part of the problem. Do you think he asked Hart to dive seconds too late, Kane to fire high constantly and Rooney to slow everything down to allow Icelanders to get back and defend?

Maybe we'll exempt Rashford and unused squad players.

4 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

Hodgson was only part of the problem. Do you think he asked Hart to dive seconds too late, Kane to fire high constantly and Rooney to slow everything down to allow Icelanders to get back and defend?

Maybe we'll exempt Rashford and unused squad players.

I meant it's not down to them to help out the NHS.

27 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

It would be nice if the England squad and officials donated just a weeks pay each to the NHS as a way of saying sorry to the nation. They won't miss it and you'll probably be able to build a small hospital with the sum.

I think this is THE most 'your dad' post ever made on Otib

On ‎28‎/‎06‎/‎2016 at 10:55, Red-Robbo said:

I know no one wants anything positive with regards to the England players but they DO donate their appearance money to charity for every game

6 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

Who we all following now England are out? Poland for me, always had a soft spot for them and it would be great to see Ronaldo blubbing again.

I actually said on here Poland could be a dark horse, amazingly they have got through without Lewandowski firing. If he does then Poland could reach the final.

On 28/06/2016 at 07:58, Cowshed said:

Until the Premier League reforms from being the capitalist whore house of world football, then I'd imagine we will see very similar results over the coming years...

Losing to nations who invest more in grass roots football per capita.

Nations like Iceland!

And yet the Wales team is full of Premier League players too. Hmm. Perhaps the difference is that they have a genuine world class player in Bale; we have none (and don't anyone please say Rooney)

On 28 June 2016 at 01:05, Iron Man said:

The Welsh have done better than us and they should take the plaudits.

If this was England fans celebrating the failure of the Welsh (and vice versa), that is to be expected.

However Welsh players doing this... well that's just a lack of class.

As to Chris Gunter's 'excuse', that's a realisation of their lack of class and a damage limitation exercise. Personally, I don't believe him.

Archived