IGNORED

Euro 2016 thread

Super

17 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

3 0 France game over . Just goes to show how bad England were and are. Sorry 4 0 Wat a finish 

Tbf, if we hadn't conceded that stupid equaliser within 30 seconds  of the restart I think we could have  gone on to do something similar. Unfortunately we did and that's the difference, I s'pose. 

Btw, watching this game on a beach bar on the west Coast of France and they're loving it! :) 

11 minutes ago, RedSA said:

Tbf, if we hadn't conceded that stupid equaliser within 30 seconds  of the restart I think we could have  gone on to do something similar. Unfortunately we did and that's the difference, I s'pose. 

Btw, watching this game on a beach bar on the west Coast of France and they're loving it! :) 

U lucky sod . Good goal that by Iceland. Have to disagree about England. Took us 4 games to score 4 goals. 5 now 

19 minutes ago, RedSA said:

17 minutes ago, RedSA said:

This should have been us out there tonight. What a shambles last Monday was. 

"Could" but not "should". We were beaten fair and square by a superior team on Monday night. We failed to beat a dreadful Russia, needed a late goal to secure a slender victory against Wales, and then couldn't even score against a Slovakia side who were brushed aside by Germany a few days later. The performance last week was just the culmination of deep rooted problems in the English game compounded by poor management and a complete lack of any cohesive strategy.

We are an average, overrated side with absolutely no reason to think we "should" have achieved anything. Iceland are there on merit.

I am glad France hammered Iceland tonight, wouldn't wanna see any excuses from England saying 'well France lost to Iceland too' 

Disgraceful tournament again from us and heads need to roll in the FA, Rooney should step down as captain too. Getting picked on reputation is not the way if we want to go forward!

54 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

"Could" but not "should". We were beaten fair and square by a superior team on Monday night. We failed to beat a dreadful Russia, needed a late goal to secure a slender victory against Wales, and then couldn't even score against a Slovakia side who were brushed aside by Germany a few days later. The performance last week was just the culmination of deep rooted problems in the English game compounded by poor management and a complete lack of any cohesive strategy.

We are an average, overrated side with absolutely no reason to think we "should" have achieved anything. Iceland are there on merit.

Of course we 'should' have been out there tonight, when you look at the players at our disposal. That's not saying that we weren't beaten fairly on Monday, more highlighting the catastrophe of our national teams situation. 

I'd agree with you for the reasons we weren't out there. 

Asda take your hat off to Iceland tonight, but France froze them out from the beginning (I'll get my coat).

Like us, they were found out eventually.

Wales might make it to the final (Portugal really are poor)... but I suspect that they will also be found out eventually - unless they have a Greece/Denmark moment (and if this happens, boy won't they tell us about it).

4 hours ago, yardy said:

I am glad France hammered Iceland tonight, wouldn't wanna see any excuses from England saying 'well France lost to Iceland too' 

Disgraceful tournament again from us and heads need to roll in the FA, Rooney should step down as captain too. Getting picked on reputation is not the way if we want to go forward!

This should go down now as probably the worst tournament in years.

Worse manager ever would be Roy but he is luckily saved by McLaren.

Terrible manager, shown he was completely inept and had no clue at all what he was doing.

10 hours ago, Red Right Hand said:

France are looking pretty special tonight. Playing like a team which isn`t always is never  the case with England.

That's more like it!

9 hours ago, bcfcfinker said:

Asda take your hat off to Iceland tonight, but France froze them out from the beginning (I'll get my coat).

Wales might make it to the final (Portugal really are poor)... but I suspect that they will also be found out eventually - unless they have a Greece/Denmark moment (and if this happens, boy won't they tell us about it).

They will remind us like we remind them the Irish and the jocks about 66 at every chance we get 

8 hours ago, Atticus said:

This should go down now as probably the worst tournament in years.

Worse manager ever would be Roy but he is luckily saved by McLaren.

Terrible manager, shown he was completely inept and had no clue at all what he was doing.

Not a chance is he better than McClaren. I would rather not qualify than be embarassed like we have over thr past 2 tournaments.

Hodgson deliberately picked certain players to prove fans wrong, it didnt work, then to have the cheek to say he didn't know what he was doing in an inteview. Absolutely no respect at all, his arrogance has showed over this tournament.

13 hours ago, bcfcfinker said:

If Wales do make it to the final and get "found out", what will we be finding out exactly?  That's a phrase I'd associate with a lucky team.  Wales have won 4 matches out of 5 in this tournament, scoring 10 goals and conceding 4.  They are where they are entirely on merit.

11 hours ago, Brian Clark said:

They will remind us like we remind them the Irish and the jocks about 66 at every chance we get 

Yep, and that's the point. It's called bragging rights.

6 hours ago, ChippenhamRed said:

If Wales do make it to the final and get "found out", what will we be finding out exactly?  That's a phrase I'd associate with a lucky team.  Wales have won 4 matches out of 5 in this tournament, scoring 10 goals and conceding 4.  They are where they are entirely on merit.

Wales during the qualifiers and last 16,  I can't say they set the world on fire. I'd say that they've been lucky during some of these games (and this is what tournament games are about sometimes, an element of luck).

The game against Belgium, they played out of their socks and deserved the win.

I just don't know what's going to happen with Portugal because I can't say Portugal have played well either... will they have their moment next game, who knows?

But like Iceland against France (Iceland were found out and it demonstrates that England were exceptionally poor)... I just don't think Wales have got what it takes to win the tournament. This is not to take their achievements away from them, they have shown England how it's done (our failure in tournaments is just astounding considering the amount of money put into England - it demonstrates that money is not the issue, it's in the England DNA (oh dear, did I just say that?) to choke). My view is that unless they are going to do a Greece/Denmark, they are unlikely to win this tournament. Maybe being 'found out' is an unfair comment, but hey, I'm English - I wouldn't want to give the Welsh credit where credits due would I?

8 minutes ago, Super said:

Far better than last nights game think Germany have played pretty well, be surprised if they didn't score tonight.

Both sides looked impressive in spells but how Germany haven't scored is beyond me. Just seem to be lacking that clinical edge that they notmally have. 

After 30 minutes tonight I was just grateful England weren't playing Germany. The way they played, they'd have had a hat full against England's defence.

Flag watch; the other night a Lebanese flag was being waved. Last night there was someone wearing a DDR (East Germany) shirt. Tonight I've seen a Greek flag being waved near the half way line.

Archived