IGNORED

Next England Manager

Silvio Dante

The gutless FA will pick their own golden boy.

Though, in my opinion, the job should go to a young English L1/L2 manager who can go and prove a point. That would be giving back to the people's game.

Dont know why they pay people like Woy so much money. The players need a kick up the ******* ass more often than not.

7 minutes ago, Scrumpy said:

The gutless FA will pick their own golden boy.

Though, in my opinion, the job should go to a young English L1/L2 manager who can go and prove a point. That would be giving back to the people's game.

Dont know why they pay people like Woy so much money. The players need a kick up the ******* ass more often than not.

In that case there's only one man for the job. Eddie Jones. Is he available? Anyone?

I can see us going foreign again.. Doesn't seem to be many English managers of the right pedigree right now.

My dream choice would be Simeone.. Highly unlikely but if I could choose anyone, it'd be him. Can imagine it, a poetic irony with Beckham as his assistant!

Realistically though, Bilic or Pocchetino if either could be tempted.

Id love to see Hoddle back in the job. A strong, intelligent manager who the players clearly respected last time out.

The obvious sticking point is whether the FA can bring themselves to re-employ following those terrible comments he made.

Outside of Hoddle, there's no one I can see capable other than Allardyce.....

Problem is coaching a National Side is so different from Managing a club. So many top club managers have tried and failed. Sometimes a good ex Pro whose been there as a player can motivate and pick a team to do the job better than the successfull club manager. 

4 minutes ago, Fordingbridge Pirate said:

Shearer's managerial experience extends to overseeing Newcastle's relegation to the Championship.

Hiddink for me, but I wouldn't be too disappointed with Hoddle if they 'have' to go English (which is BS).

For me international management means **** all to do with club success. Look at Coleman not ever set the world alight anywhere else has he.

What we need is a Manager who will say it as it is and actually gets the players fighting for the shirt and if they dont they know where the door is. 

And like Shearer said they have gone down the experienced route and it still doesnt work. 

5 minutes ago, BA14 RED said:

For me international management means **** all to do with club success. Look at Coleman not ever set the world alight anywhere else has he.

What we need is a Manager who will say it as it is and actually gets the players fighting for the shirt and if they dont they know where the door is. 

And like Shearer said they have gone down the experienced route and it still doesnt work. 

I don't disagree mate, but I just think the FA would be setting themselves up for a proper shitstorm from fans/the media by appointing Shearer, and I think they want someone who will deflect the criticism of them. By appointing a Hiddink type they can spout about his record and all the trophies he's won, which will placate some. More than those who'd be placated because Alan 'Elbows' Shearer scored a few goals for England, in my opinion.

I think there's more chance of Redknapp personally if they go English, he's someone who's seen as a bit of a media/supporter darling by the majority and will be backed from the word go by the fans. I'm not sure Shearer would be.

13 minutes ago, Fordingbridge Pirate said:

I don't disagree mate, but I just think the FA would be setting themselves up for a proper shitstorm from fans/the media by appointing Shearer, and I think they want someone who will deflect the criticism of them. By appointing a Hiddink type they can spout about his record and all the trophies he's won, which will placate some. More than those who'd be placated because Alan 'Elbows' Shearer scored a few goals for England, in my opinion.

I think there's more chance of Redknapp personally if they go English, he's someone who's seen as a bit of a media/supporter darling by the majority and will be backed from the word go by the fans. I'm not sure Shearer would be.

For me I dont care really as long as we have a manager who can instill passion to the England side that has been lacking for so long and someone who isnt afraid to upset a few of the poor darlings. Whether he be English, Scottish of even foreign someone who can batter the little ***** like Italy's charismatic manager.

22 minutes ago, NYTRAM said:

Problem is coaching a National Side is so different from Managing a club. So many top club managers have tried and failed. Sometimes a good ex Pro whose been there as a player can motivate and pick a team to do the job better than the successfull club manager. 

I guess they go with the old school model of manager. Linekar described Roy as a 'football' man. Is that to mean that the FA are stuck in the past, not looking at the new structure of Director of Football and Coach? England team really need a coach. No tactics, no defensive coaching, no attacking coaching…

Archived