IGNORED

Next England Manager

Silvio Dante

8 hours ago, maxjak said:

Mmm…….I have an inkling of how you voted in the recent referendum.  How refreshing to hear your enlightened sentiments?

Ok would Germany ever have an English manager?

On 28 June 2016 at 08:41, Fordingbridge Pirate said:

Shearer's managerial experience extends to overseeing Newcastle's relegation to the Championship.

Hiddink for me, but I wouldn't be too disappointed with Hoddle if they 'have' to go English (which is BS).

On 28 June 2016 at 23:35, City169 said:

Didn't he take a side that was virtually relegated when he was appointed though?

and ensured it!

1 hour ago, maxjak said:

i do hope your not serious?

So just because someone makes a sporting jest about the absurdity of having a German manager - akin to suggesting the England cricket team should have an Australian manager - he must be a racist who voted leave in the referendum (which in itself is ridiculous as not all Brexiters are racists)

Is it just me who didn't know whether to laugh or cry when Raheem Sterling put a video of his mansion and luxury cars on social media just after arriving back from that shambles of a tournament?!

Unbelievable....who does he think he is?! Total lack of self awareness and total disregard for the fans who spent a lot of money to go and support him while he underachieved.....again.

What on earth made him get home and think "I'll just make a video of my Ferrari and luxury home and put it on social media, what could possibly go wrong?!" 

He should never represent our country again....

2 hours ago, maxjak said:

i do hope your not serious?

Mate,Klinsmann is the best man for the job by some margin...which may mean he won't get it!!....the best qualification of any realistic candidate,plus he wants to do the job..very grounded,intelligent\positive guy who will pick players on merit(including attitude,form/fitness)...

11 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Is it just me who didn't know whether to laugh or cry when Raheem Sterling put a video of his mansion and luxury cars on social media just after arriving back from that shambles of a tournament?!

Unbelievable....who does he think he is?! Total lack of self awareness and total disregard for the fans who spent a lot of money to go and support him while he underachieved.....again.

What on earth made him get home and think "I'll just make a video of my Ferrari and luxury home and put it on social media, what could possibly go wrong?!" 

Totally agree with this. Was chatting to someone at work about it though and he described it as a 'disgrace' that The Sun picked on Sterling. Mindblowing how some people excuse these overpaid primadonnas

I've had more of a think about this, and I want Big Sam.

Yep, it's sunk that low. But his teams are always very well organised, and work their bollocks off. He's not afraid to go direct if necessary, although contrary to some footballing experts not his preferred style, and England have lacked a plan B for far too long.

He'd bring passion to the team and wouldn't be afraid of putting a rocket up their arses if he was in the dressing room at half time on Monday.

I think he'd do ok for us.

Big Sam for England!

22 hours ago, AshtonGreat said:

So just because someone makes a sporting jest about the absurdity of having a German manager - akin to suggesting the England cricket team should have an Australian manager - he must be a racist who voted leave in the referendum (which in itself is ridiculous as not all Brexiters are racists)

Get off yer soapbox………..before i nominate you for Private Eyes "Bore of the Year"……….I have no interest in being the target of your misguided presumptions

does anyone know how much other international managers get paid, it'd be interesting to know what Italy, France, Spain and Germany pay their managers to compare, although based on success over the years the list above probably isn't a fair comparison! We pay massive wages to our managers, perhaps we need to set a cap and only managers with hunger, passion, desire and flare to be England manager would apply? Something monumental has to change if our country is ever to improve and be more successful in tournaments. It's a crazy year for football and another missed opportunity for England.

Robbie Savage just said 'talent without hard work is nothing'. Spot on. Are you listening Wilshire, Berkley, Sterling, Sturridge et al? Thought not.

Always said that manager's role in determing performance levels and moulding a team is massively-underrated. It should be managers, not players, who command the biggest salaries in the game. 

England are fast approaching last chance saloon. Fed up with watching lamentable performances from players who's egos are far more impressive than their commitment. Appalled by the lack of team work, effort, leadership and intellegence of these obscenely overpaid wasters.  

The last thing we want is Wegner, another-FA type blazer more interested in possession than results. I tell you what... a choice between Wegner and Warnock for England at the moment and I'd plump for the latter without a second thought. Of course the players want Wegner. They can all stay in their nice comfort zones, be pampered little petals and put in the odd performance - just like Wilshire - but deliver **** all in the way of trophies.

There we go then, 'Warnock for England' ......said it. That should get the 'we need to invest in more coaches, results don't matter, let's copy the Spanish' brigade out of the woodwork. 

I'd certainly have Warnock as part of the set-up and use him for his player motivational abilities as opposed to  giving him license to impose his preferred style of direct play.  A Warnock / Hoddle or Warnock / Eddie Howe combination would be interesting.  Wales and Greece previously have shown how important the team ethic is is winning.  Belgium and England have done likewise but not in a positive way.   I think having Warnock as part of the set-up and giving him the responsibility for the players working together as a team would be a brave, sensible and bold move but those aren't words in the FA dictionary.   His mix of passion, energy and humour is exactly what is needed to supplement a skilled tactician such as Hoddle.   I'm not sure what his title would be but I'd love to see him involved in a motivational capacity within the set-up.

13 hours ago, BCFC-Keith-1897 said:

does anyone know how much other international managers get paid, it'd be interesting to know what Italy, France, Spain and Germany pay their managers to compare, although based on success over the years the list above probably isn't a fair comparison! We pay massive wages to our managers, perhaps we need to set a cap and only managers with hunger, passion, desire and flare to be England manager would apply? Something monumental has to change if our country is ever to improve and be more successful in tournaments. It's a crazy year for football and another missed opportunity for England.

Chris Coleman - £250,000.

Says it all.

3 minutes ago, Murraysrightplum said:

Jurgen flippin Klinsman 100% the best option.

they won't do it though. It'll be bloody Pardew who'll be shite

Would Klinsmann want it though? He`s still pretty well thought of by fans over here but if he takes the job and we **** up as normal then he loses all that respect.

On Thursday, June 30, 2016 at 21:07, BS4 on Tour... said:

I wouldn't read too much into it.  It's not his house for a start 

Perfect man for the job would be a strong forward thinking man, confident in his own ideas , good man manager and open to new ways and tactics. What we will get is someone who will not upset the Blazers who sit in power, and will not disturb their Gentlemen's club mentality.  

Big Fat Sam would be interesting to shake things up, not too many other English options around. jose mourinho would have been a good choice, Ancelotti ? Klinsman?   I would prefer an Englishman but I want the right man, not a yes man, sadly the prospective candidate cupboard is a little bare right now unless we try a young up and coming man. Brave choice for a younger man as England manager job could easily be your last.

4 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

Perfect man for the job would be a strong forward thinking man, confident in his own ideas , good man manager and open to new ways and tactics. What we will get is someone who will not upset the Blazers who sit in power, and will not disturb their Gentlemen's club mentality.  

Big Fat Sam would be interesting to shake things up, not too many other English options around. jose mourinho would have been a good choice, Ancelotti ? Klinsman?   I would prefer an Englishman but I want the right man, not a yes man, sadly the prospective candidate cupboard is a little bare right now unless we try a young up and coming man. Brave choice for a younger man as England manager job could easily be your last.

The FA could not afford the chewing gum bill.

"Think", before posting.

FFS.

Uncle TFR

On 6/30/2016 at 21:07, BS4 on Tour... said:

After the referendum I thought we were only allowing skilled workers into the country.

Archived