IGNORED

Adam Matthews - Signed (Season Long Loan)

Eastend

3 hours ago, Davefevs said:

I would be surprised if Moyes hasn't see him play (just maybe not for Sunderland).  He played for Celtic and Moyes was often spotted watching them.  Moyes also spotted at AG too last season.  Plus, who knows how much Moyes and his scouting team viewed him when at Everton too. Might have been on their radar.  Moyes (I believe) was one of the proponents of using the Football Managee database too.

Moyes may have had his own opinion, e.g. Not good enough, then a quick chat with his new team and asked, anything to change my mind?

The other thing is loaning him is a way of keeping him at the club until DM has had a chance to see what he`s got there and who he definitely wants to ship out. Either way I`m happy with getting AM back.

I actually rate this signing as high in importance as the Tomlin one. A massive upgrade on anything we have at RB. And also huge experience despite being 'only 24'. 

Made a real difference last season. With his pace too, he could form a great right side partnership with O'Dowda's pace infront of him. 

Anyone up for some attacking football this season?! 

:chant6ez:

7 minutes ago, nickolas said:

I actually rate this signing as high in importance as the Tomlin one. A massive upgrade on anything we have at RB. And also huge experience despite being 'only 24'. 

Made a real difference last season. With his pace too, he could form a great right side partnership with O'Dowda's pace infront of him. 

Anyone up for some attacking football this season?! 

:chant6ez:

Just need to up grade our forward options and the world's our Lobster .

7 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Just need to up grade our forward options and the world's our Lobster .

Wasn't that an Arthur Daley line,Major?...also liked "he's an invertebrate liar"...

also another c/half please-the iceman will need time to get to grips with it.

20 minutes ago, Dastardly and Muttley said:

Why are our media team so slow in announcing things? If it was done last night, take a photo and announce it. In today's world it takes no longer than 10 minutes, if that!

I very much doubt laziness or poor professionalism are anything to do with it.

Timing is everything in this game. Maybe Sunderland wouldn't want it announced until a certain point, perhaps there are reasons why City would want to keep it quiet.

In any case, I can't see it just being that the media team don't know what they're doing (Tomlin excepted).

24 minutes ago, Luxo Jr. said:

I very much doubt laziness or poor professionalism are anything to do with it.

Timing is everything in this game. Maybe Sunderland wouldn't want it announced until a certain point, perhaps there are reasons why City would want to keep it quiet.

In any case, I can't see it just being that the media team don't know what they're doing (Tomlin excepted).

Hordur was known on here for a couple of days before the final announcement, same with Lucic, who announced it on his own Instagram about a day before our media team - complete with a photo of him signing the deal. It's all very slow.

13 minutes ago, Fat Cigar said:

It has all been very slow from our media team, but you know what, who cares. Very happy indeed with our signings so far and that's all that matters. 

I agree. I would suggest that the media team come at the back of a long list of processes and procedures that the club have in place. Only once everything else has been set up for a player would they then go into how and when to announce it.

19 minutes ago, Dastardly and Muttley said:

Hordur was known on here for a couple of days before the final announcement, same with Lucic, who announced it on his own Instagram about a day before our media team - complete with a photo of him signing the deal. It's all very slow.

I don't know what you are comparing this to D&M, these things may have taken just as long in the past, but the level of rumour and it's outlets have meant we get an inkling of what might happen earlier. I don't think you can compare us to other clubs because none of us know how long their announcements take after a signing either.

23 minutes ago, Fat Cigar said:

It has all been very slow from our media team, but you know what, who cares. Very happy indeed with our signings so far and that's all that matters. 

I agree, the signings have been great. I think the point being made though is that it's poor form if players are seemingly breaking news themselves (Lucic) or journalists are well ahead of us in breaking stories.

Either the club need to be better at avoiding leaks (difficult to do) or be very strict with players about breaking news before they do (easier to do). With all the free media resources we have now, the club do need to be a bit more on the ball with this sort of thing. Tomlin, possibly our most high profile signing in years, was announced very poorly with that announcement scheduling error on the BS side. 

A few tweaks from the media team (being a bit more on the ball, and much improved interviews) and we'd have pretty good PR and media output overall. I don't watch media output for other clubs though, so no idea how we compare to clubs in this league.

I am pretty impressed with the new content being produced now though, the u21 stuff is good. I feel like I know the players better now although I couldn't put names to many faces just yet. Would be good if we can get some more people to watch their games as a result of the increased exposure they're getting. All good prep for them too if they become pros.

If you're a Twitter user you'll see a number of the Transfer Rumour sites saying a player has signed, then two days later or more, you get the 'confirmed' post.

if you take Lucic's photo signing a contract....it wouldn't surprise me if the club then sign it, then it has to be registered with the FA / FL, plus UEFA / FIFA, at the busiest time of the season.  Once they get all the stuff back, the club then announce it.

• The title was changed to Adam Matthews - Signed (Season Long Loan)

Archived