IGNORED

Adam Matthews - Signed (Season Long Loan)

Eastend

17 minutes ago, mozo said:

So am I right in saying we've signed three Premiership players and two champions league players?! (Kind of, technically)

... in the starting line-up, we'll likely have four players (JK, LT, HM, CO'D) for each of whom we've paid a fee in excess of £1m plus AM who would no doubt have cost us more than £1m had we not signed him on loan instead. Who would have thought?

14 minutes ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

... in the starting line-up, we'll likely have four players (JK, LT, HM, CO'D) for each of whom we've paid a fee in excess of £1m plus AM who would no doubt have cost us more than £1m had we not signed him on loan instead. Who would have thought?

Putting it in context, last season Man City spunked £50m on Raheem Sterling, the rich man's Junior Bent

4 minutes ago, SecretSam said:

Putting it in context, last season Man City spunked £50m on Raheem Sterling, the rich man's Junior Bent

This is Bristol City though , it seems a bit of a dream to see such quality players being signed to play in a super new Ashton Gate .

We are no longer ' a laughing stock ' Thank you Mr Lansdown .

1 hour ago, hodge said:

Excellent business by City to get the no recall clause, makes me think everything was in place for a permanent move but we couldn't afford his wages. Hopefully we can impress this season and it persuades him to stay around for longer.

I thought it was a case of if you've paid a loan fee then recall clauses are not included in the loan agreement. Perhaps this is the case here.

5 minutes ago, 29AR said:

I thought it was a case of if you've paid a loan fee then recall clauses are not included in the loan agreement. Perhaps this is the case here.

Potentially but given everything seemed geared to him moving here at the end of last season and the only thing that seemed to be stopping his move was Sunderland wanting another RB before selling, why would they then let him go out on loan from which they can't recall him anyway? I get Moyes will have different opinions to Allerdyce but still.

11 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

This is Bristol City though , it seems a bit of a dream to see such quality players being signed to play in a super new Ashton Gate .

We are no longer ' a laughing stock ' Thank you Mr Lansdown .

Wait for the season to start Major, before you let fly with the big-i-am posts....

Just listened to his interview, looks as though he wants to stay here long term. He's admitted it himself he is down the pecking order and that it hasn't worked out at Sunderland. I think the season loan is good business by the club!

9 hours ago, Robbored said:

He's very charismatic and certainly impressed everyone when he spoke at Senior Reds last season. If he has the same effect on players and their agents then that's excellent news for us.......

All the charisma of a third hand car salesman who used to go out with your Mrs......and is called Barry.

Archived