IGNORED

Ayling to Leeds (confirmed)

CliftonCliff

Whisper about  that Chris Garland might be going to Chelsea for big money - probably tied in with the Tammy deal.

We could do quite a bit with a hundred grand!!

The OP clearly has not read the forum's rules.

Prior to starting a new topic you should spend a couple of hours paging back through the main forum and subforums in order to see if a similar topic has been posted recently.

This done, and assuming no such similar topic exists, you should then PM one of the forum moderators with your proposed topic title and a short precis of the contents.  Include with your submission a summary CV of your years spent supporting City.

Your topic will then be considered by the moderators during their following bi-monthly "Proposed New Topics" meeting where they will make a decision on whether they will recommend your new topic to go forward to Tomarse for the final decision.

If it passes all these criteria it will then appear.

I wish people would stop saying Vyner is a RB. I'm pretty sure he said he'd never played that position until LJ asked him to try it in training, probably as LJ could see a point where we were bare in the position..

Zak is a CB and hopefully when Ayling goes it will mean another CB is coming in, who ideally can in an emergency, be 3rd choice right back if needed as Williams is on the left..

personally I'll be a disappointed when Luke leaves as he seems like a top man, great in the changing rooms and part of an unbelievable season that we will never forget. His talents are there for all to see, however I do agree he does get caught out and doesn't have the pace to get himself out of trouble. Watching the promotion DVDs back it's noticeable a lot of the goals conceded came from his side of the back 3. 

I hope he does well at Leeds, except when they play us.

Just now, Major Isewater said:

I remember the days when we got excited buying players off Leeds .

Jimmy Mann , Norman Hunter , God Taylor ... 

How many have they bought from us ? 

Please do not forget the brightest star we ever bought from Leeds. Mr Kilkenny!

Actually one of the best ever was Tommy Burden.

22 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

Prior to starting a new topic you should spend a couple of hours paging back through the main forum and subforums in order to see if a similar topic has been posted recently.

This done, and assuming no such similar topic exists, you should then PM one of the forum moderators with your proposed topic title and a short precis of the contents.  Include with your submission a summary CV of your years spent supporting City.

Your topic will then be considered by the moderators during their following bi-monthly "Proposed New Topics" meeting where they will make a decision on whether they will recommend your new topic to go forward to Tomarse for the final decision.

If only there were subforums or something. We could have one for arrivals and one for departures. Wow hold on , what about a transfer subforum where we post about anything to do with transfers?

Oh it already exists? Thanks.

23 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

Not sure what dial up you're using which takes a couple of hours to open the transfer forum but might be an idea to give AOL a ring

Just now, WRERE said:

If only there were subforums or something. We could have one for arrivals and one for departures. Wow hold on , what about a transfer subforum where we post about anything to do with transfers?

I envisage a series of nested subforums where posts move between the forums based upon changes in circumstances.  So:

Transfer subforum

Arrivals subsubforum

Arrivals Confirmed subsubsubforum

Arrivals Likely subsubsubforum

Arrivals Speculative subsubsubforum

Departures subsubforum

Departures Confirmed subsubsubforum

Departures Likely subsubsubforum

Departures Speculative subsubsubforum

45 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

I envisage a series of nested subforums where posts move between the forums based upon changes in circumstances.  So:

Transfer subforum

Arrivals subsubforum

Arrivals Confirmed subsubsubforum

Arrivals Likely subsubsubforum

Arrivals Speculative subsubsubforum

Departures subsubforum

Departures Confirmed subsubsubforum

Departures Likely subsubsubforum

Departures Speculative subsubsubforum

Not forgetting 

Delays 

and striking French traffic controllers.

56 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

I remember the days when we got excited buying players off Leeds .

Jimmy Mann , Norman Hunter , God Taylor ... 

How many have they bought from us ? 

Didn't Carl Shutt go the other way in the deal that brought Super Bob here?

14 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

John Shaw, signed on the same day as Jimmy Mann.

And a defender (was it Alan Hay?) . The suggestion at the time was that they were given to us as sweeteners for a deal to buy Gerry Gow as a replacement for Billy Bremner. Before that deal could be done, Don Revie became England Manager so we got them all for nothing and kept Gow as well :).

Archived