IGNORED

Ayling to Leeds (confirmed)

CliftonCliff

Have never got involved in the Stockhausen-bashing that goes on here all the time, but have to say there's a particularly gratuitous and unnecessary piece by him tonight suggesting Ayling is on his way out because he didn't make the match squad for Wycombe.

Where has that come from? (Apart from the fevered imagination of a second-rate hack scratching about for something to fill column inches). Golbourne didn't make the cut on Saturday either, but nobody's saying he's finished all of a sudden - and of course he featured tonight. 

We have a bigger squad now, there is competition for places and players need game time if they are to be ready to step up when needed. (Agard is mentioned in the same context, but his situation is clearly different from Ayling's. The latter has a lot of Championship games under his belt and was a regular last season until injured.)

Are we going to have this sort of unsubstantiated speculative journalism every time a senior player can't be fitted into the eighteen? This kind of thing can mess with player's minds and I can't believe LJ would be happy about fabricated stories like this.

2 minutes ago, CliftonCliff said:

Have never got involved in the Stockhausen-bashing that goes on here all the time, but have to say there's a particularly gratuitous and unnecessary piece by him tonight suggesting Ayling is on his way out because he didn't make the match squad for Wycombe.

Where has that come from? (Apart from the fevered imagination of a second-rate hack scratching about for something to fill column inches). Golbourne didn't make the cut on Saturday either, but nobody's saying he's finished all of a sudden - and of course he featured tonight. 

We have a bigger squad now, there is competition for places and players need game time if they are to be ready to step up when needed. (Agard is mentioned in the same context, but his situation is clearly different from Ayling's. The latter has a lot of Championship games under his belt and was a regular last season until injured.)

Are we going to have this sort of unsubstantiated speculative journalism every time a senior player can't be fitted into the eighteen? This kind of thing can mess with player's minds and I can't believe LJ would be happy about fabricated stories like this.

Probably yet another snidey little dig at BCFC by a 3rd rate hack, who is definitely not in and will never be in the loop at the club.

He just guesses.

There is just as much likelihood that LJ wanted to give Matthews match practice tonight and also put Little on the bench as cover.

Highly likely that one of our 3 RBs will be off by the end of the month but writing crap like "he is linked with an unnamed club" means absolutely nothing.

Just now, Robbored said:

How do we know that what Stockhausen says isn't spot on?  He must have certain contacts within the club otherwise why would he come out with such stuff? 

Surely he's  not just adding 2+2 = 5 is he?

Yes, I think he probably is - which is why I drew attention to it. If the club announces tomorrow they're entertaining a bid for Ayling, I'll stand corrected, but I'd put money on it being complete bollocks.

6 minutes ago, Robbored said:

How do we know that what Stockhausen says isn't spot on?  He must have certain contacts within the club otherwise why would he come out with such stuff? 

Surely he's  not just adding 2+2 = 5 is he?

Just as a matter of interest when was the last Stockhausen exclusive that actually proved to be spot on?, an exclusive that hadn't already been rumoured elsewhere like on here?.

10 minutes ago, CliftonCliff said:

Yes, I think he probably is - which is why I drew attention to it. If the club announces tomorrow they're entertaining a bid for Ayling, I'll stand corrected, but I'd put money on it being complete bollocks.

Yup. He's said himself he gets no information from LJ, MA or anyone else at the club. He's a waste and I think we spend too much time talking about him. He has nothing to say that should be interest to us. 

Ayling was poor on Saturday I thought and was our weak link most the game and he wasnt much better last season.

However he does get respect from me for being part of the side who won the double, but there is no time to be sentimental if we want to improve.

Don't see the problem with this "story" tbg.

Agard missing from this squad was note-worthy and I think he's been pictured at Milton Keynes. I've seen it mentioned on here that many think Agard won't be here for much longer and it's not hard to see why. He struggled for games last season and that looks to be continuing here.

I'm a little surprised that Ayling is mentioned as well but again with Matthews signing, there's clearly not much room for both Mark Little and Luke Ayling to be hanging around and if there is interest from another club then I can see it being considered for sure.

4 minutes ago, #roe said:

Don't see the problem with this "story" tbg.

Agard missing from this squad was note-worthy and I think he's been pictured at Milton Keynes. I've seen it mentioned on here that many think Agard won't be here for much longer and it's not hard to see why. He struggled for games last season and that looks to be continuing here.

I'm a little surprised that Ayling is mentioned as well but again with Matthews signing, there's clearly not much room for both Mark Little and Luke Ayling to be hanging around and if there is interest from another club then I can see it being considered for sure.

Personally i'd rather see Little move on, he hasn't been right since his shoulder injury IMO.

17 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Personally i'd rather see Little move on, he hasn't been right since his shoulder injury IMO.

Agreed. 

I can see the reasoning behind Little moving on but I must be in the minority because I see Ayling as a pretty solid Championship player.

In fact at 24 he's played more Championship games (almost 80)than most of our squad and has rarely looked out of place. 

He may not be a first choice every week but no reason to consider moving on such a versatile player imo., unless he's fallen out with LJ of course.

I don't see Luke shifting - if he keeps his bladder under control at racecourses he'll get plenty of football (maybe not starts) at the Gate. 

And give poor Mr Stockhausen a break, guys. It's a journalist's job to produce speculative sh*t when there's no real stories about. If you want to see real sh*t journalism, follow some of the links on the Non Football Forum.....

26 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Agreed. 

I can see the reasoning behind Little moving on but I must be in the minority because I see Ayling as a pretty solid Championship player.

In fact at 24 he's played more Championship games (almost 80)than most of our squad and has rarely looked out of place. 

He may not be a first choice every week but no reason to consider moving on such a versatile player imo., unless he's fallen out with LJ of course.

I agree Noggers.

We need to keep Luke Ayling, because like Joey B he is versatile, and can play in a number of positions.

Could go from being a championship teams 2nd choice to a champions league teams first choice. Seems silly to let him go after Ashton highlighted the importance of players who are versatile. The post says we have little and Vyner as back up to Matthews.... Hardly fills you with confidence. One is injured and the other not really championship standard. 

Would be an interesting move for him, if that was indeed true.

Personally, I'd be disappointed if we let him go anywhere; think he's a tidy player, and what with Matthews likely still getting up to speed, could see him getting games and challenging for first team starts.

Still; were Celtic to make the Champions League group stages I can imagine he'd want to test himself at that level, and I fully believe he'd be good enough to for the SPL.

Archived