IGNORED

Ayling to Leeds (confirmed)

CliftonCliff

1 hour ago, CiderCraig said:

25sAndy Stockhausen‏ @AndyStockhausen

Both Luke Ayling and Kieran Agard could leave @bcfctweets by the end of this week, one of them as early as tomorrow, as Robins trim squad.

Would seem he's off, and Mr Agard.

Would rather we got rid of Little not Ayling. Would seem strange considering he played on Saturday.

We obviously need rid of a right back. I'd prefer to keep Ayling and let Little go as think he's better and more versatile. However, that would also make Ayling more attractive to other clubs. If the Celtic story is true then it's kind of fair enough and can't really stand in his way as much as I'd like to keep him.

He started on Sat as he's fitter than Matthews and had more pre-season with us.

I expect LJ agrees that Ayling is second choice but he's also easier to shift than Little. If a club have come in with an offer than I can kind of understand it.

In an ideal world it would be Little that leaves but it doesn't always work out like that. This isn't FM it's real life with real people and their careers.

Not saying it isn't true but somewhat surprising, given the nature of Glasgow's goldfish bowl media, that there isn't a single mention of this up there.

No doubt that one of him or Little will be off this month, maybe the racecourse incident hasn't been forgotten or forgiven by LJ?

Maybe as simple as we can get a fee for Ayling and can't get a fee for Little. Both would be back up to Matthews when he is 100% match sharp so would make sense I guess.

Have to say though that the destination being Celtic is an odd one. They have Mikael Lustig (Swedish international) and Saidy Janko (played well on the weekend) already there as right backs. I'm not convinced they want / need Ayling.

BBC reporting Ayling is going to Celtic. Always liked Ayling, popular in the dressing room and plays the game with a smile on his face. Another Wagstaff though maybe, and I don't mean that in a bad way, but just maybe good enough for the Championship but not outstanding. Will do well in League One, but Celtic?

27 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Not saying it isn't true but somewhat surprising, given the nature of Glasgow's goldfish bowl media, that there isn't a single mention of this up there.

No doubt that one of him or Little will be off this month, maybe the racecourse incident hasn't been forgotten or forgiven by LJ?

Given the nature of Glaswegians, I'd imagine them singing "he's one of our own".

This reminds me of the Greg Cunningham situation. He was a good Chanpionship standard player who couldn't get into the team, so it was natural for him to want to leave. If Ayling thinks he's going to be just back up for Mathews I imagine he'll want to go as well. 

38 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

I'd imagine that incident went down a lot worse with SL than LJ. 

33 minutes ago, ballwinningcentrehalf said:

Not overly excited about this from a Celtic viewpoint.

Wouldn't put Ayling above Lustig or Janko at fullback and wouldn't put him ahead of Sviatchenko, Lustig, Boyata, Simunovic, Toure or O'Connell at centrehalf. Albeit a lot of those are currently injured and O'Connell is still very raw. :/

He's no Danny McGrain mate. Not yet...

1 minute ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

This was dated in January this year and there was also re hashed during the summer.

HITC is reporting that the Scottish champions are interested in Bristol City forward Kieran Agard.

ahhh, HITC they aren't the most reliable, I was thinking Stockhausen and i don't recall him reposting it to be fair

1 hour ago, bristolcity1981 said:

Ayling was poor for most of the game   Saturday but we have to take into account towards the end of last season he never played after he was injured. Clearly short of match fitness. I do like him & wouldn't want him to leave. I have a feeling LJ will mix things up a bit as he finds his best team. 

Totally disagree with that.

Anyone considered that the striker or centre half (alledgedly) coming in could be from our green-striped cousins in the north and Ayling is a make-weight in the deal? Unfortunately I know nothing about Celtic's squad so I have no idea who that might be. However, given the size of our squad, if Ayling and Agard are off this week, the players who will replace them won't be far behind

2 minutes ago, chipdawg said:

Anyone considered that the striker or centre half (alledgedly) coming in could be from our green-striped cousins in the north and Ayling is a make-weight in the deal? Unfortunately I know nothing about Celtic's squad so I have no idea who that might be. However, given the size of our squad, if Ayling and Agard are off this week, the players who will replace them won't be far behind

Only out-and-out striker we'd want shot of is probably Ciftci, and although his physical presence would be a decent compliment to the likes of Kodjia and Abraham, I don't think City should be interested.

There is barely a fit centrehalf at Celtic currently so very much doubt any would be moving in the very near future.

Archived