IGNORED

Ayling to Leeds (confirmed)

CliftonCliff

1 minute ago, Super said:

Full backs are told to go forward. That goal was more down to nobody tracking Gilbey.

He gave the ball away when we were pushing forward, no one tracked him because they were out of position, if he didn't give the ball away (something he is guilty normally twice a half) then we wouldn't of gone one down therefore his fault,

1 minute ago, Monkeh said:

He gave the ball away when we were pushing forward, no one tracked him because they were out of position, if he didn't give the ball away (something he is guilty normally twice a half) then we wouldn't of gone one down therefore his fault,

Yes his first mistake but then followed by a mistake by the CB and the midfield not tracking the scorer. People saying he had a poor game obviously watched a different one.

7 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

**** you're short minded. O'Neil didn't track back quick enough , Flint got turnt easily & Magnusson tried to come over and 2v1 with Flint but then got caught in a bad position so he couldn't cut out the pass. Blaming this solely on Ayling is bullshit.

3 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

Football is a team game and I suspect a coach/manager as respected as much as LJ would consider the whole picture Monkeh, Ayling losing the ball, Oneil allowing Gilbey to get a run on him and from that moment on the defending was amateurish from all involved ROD excepted it was a good strike.

So our first attempt at managing a bigger squad has failed, despite LJ stating that he will pick the form player, no matter who they are, how much they cost or how old they are.

One of our right backs wants to leave, as an on loan player has been told he is first choice. Conflicting messages.

12 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

My arguments about Agard were never about his standard, it was about he was all we had for much of the season and the language of vitriol aimed at him.

You were a particularly strong advocate of Agard when I said I thought he wasn't good enough for this level.

Is it any wonder then that my lasting impression of our exchanges was a strong disagreement about the standard of the player?

Anyway, I'll leave it there - it seems we've reached the same conclusion.

3 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

You were a particularly strong advocate of Agard when I said I thought he wasn't good enough for this level.

Is it any wonder then that my lasting impression of our exchanges was a strong disagreement about the standard of the player?

Anyway, I'll leave it there - it seems we've reached the same conclusion.

Probably best to leave it there I would suggest, this is what I said 16 months ago on this very forum, hardly what I would call strong advocacy more like a reasoned defence to much unwarranted abuse.

His goal at Chesterfield shows everything that is good about him, he was the one harrying their midfield into a mistake and after he induced the mistake his first instinct was to move forward pick up the ball from Bryan and the rest as they say is history, no other striker at the club does this, as much as I like him certainly not JET.

it seems to me, he is far from the finished article, especially playing in a position that he is unaccustomed to and having to contend with what was described as a serious ankle injury.

Give him a break, he's earned it.

2 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Probably best to leave it there I would suggest, this is what I said 16 months ago on this very forum, hardly what I would call strong advocacy more like a reasoned defence to much unwarranted abuse.

His goal at Chesterfield shows everything that is good about him, he was the one harrying their midfield into a mistake and after he induced the mistake his first instinct was to move forward pick up the ball from Bryan and the rest as they say is history, no other striker at the club does this, as much as I like him certainly not JET.

it seems to me, he is far from the finished article, especially playing in a position that he is unaccustomed to and having to contend with what was described as a serious ankle injury.

Give him a break, he's earned it.

He may not cut it at this level but the man has never been given a decent chance , any player needs a minimum of 5 starts , not 10 minutes here and there , I feel sorry for the man .

40 minutes ago, RedSA said:

Tbf, I was going to ask if you weren't happy that LJ came in in the first place as it does come across that you are looking to portray him in an unreasonably negative light, by making - what looks to me- like unnecessary assumptions about events. Unless you know things about the squad that we don't of course.  

I don't know anything about @Kid in the Riot's perceived paranoia but it definitely looks like you have a problem with him to the casual observer. 

Definitely does feel like that. I know NTB was a huge fan of Cotterill, which is understandable. I always got the impression he believes SC was unfairly sacked and that he'd rather have SC ahead of LJ from reading his posts.

8 minutes ago, wheatus59 said:

He may not cut it at this level but the man has never been given a decent chance , any player needs a minimum of 5 starts , not 10 minutes here and there , I feel sorry for the man .

He never gave less than 100% for us, his time with us has come to an end and I wish him all of the best wherever he ends up.

1 hour ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

No veiled dig at LJ, you really are getting a bit paranoid on his behalf and seem to have a fixation on pinpointing me as an LJ detractor.

Hang on a minute, you went on some bizarre ramble about his use of idioms, and then slated him for giving someone in good pre-season form a 25-minute run out in the League Cup first round.

I hadn't put two and two together before now but you might be on to something @Kid in the Riot.

28 minutes ago, Dave said:

So our first attempt at managing a bigger squad has failed, despite LJ stating that he will pick the form player, no matter who they are, how much they cost or how old they are.

One of our right backs wants to leave, as an on loan player has been told he is first choice. Conflicting messages.

Is there actually any evidence that he wants to leave? 

And re Matthews, the fact that he's on loan doesn't mean a thing - no doubt we'd have done a permanent deal were it possible. He's an upgrade on what we already had so if that puts players who aren't as good into a huff then oh well!

54 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

That's interesting. I know a certain Royal football team were harbouring interested a couple of months ago. 

What do you 'think'?

Id like to be the case (assuming you mean Reading) as it may give us more chance of signing Moore who can play CB and cover RB if needed. No idea if we are after Moore by the way.

I think Ayling may find his way to Yorkshire. 

57 minutes ago, Super said:

Yes his first mistake but then followed by a mistake by the CB and the midfield not tracking the scorer. People saying he had a poor game obviously watched a different one.

I thought he was alright Saturday as well. I also remember Brownhill giving the ball away that lead to the goal but just how I remember it. Brownhill gave it away multiple times in horrible spots and did the defender no favours. Flint too slow to stay with Wildschut and O'Neil too slow to mark Gilbey. Was very much a team error. 

46 minutes ago, Dave said:

What?

28 minutes ago, RedSA said:

Tbf, I was going to ask if you weren't happy that LJ came in in the first place as it does come across that you are looking to portray him in an unreasonably negative light, by making - what looks to me- like unnecessary assumptions about events. Unless you know things about the squad that we don't of course.  

I don't know anything about @Kid in the Riot's perceived paranoia but it definitely looks like you have a problem with him to the casual observer. 

I was one of many on here who weren't happy with the prospect of LJ being appointed, but as I've said, I stated my support immediately he was.

That hasn't changed.

I think my concerns about squad harmony are valid, and would be the same with so many newcomers, and ongoing departures of established squad members, under any manager.

Should I not voice these concerns just because LJ is the manager behind the changes?

We were noted for our squad harmony and fear of upsetting it was one of the first things commented on by the incoming manager, so reasonable to mention this with all the changes, or not?

As for having a problem with Kid, not particularly. He did go over the top though, imo, in that his ingrained and stated dislike of SC led to sustained criticism long before things turned sour. We have history of being on the opposite sides of the debate both on SO'D and SC, so we will be seen as 2 posters who historically often clash, but when he leaves out the personal stuff I generally rate him as a good poster.

5 minutes ago, Sargent Pepper said:

Id like to be the case (assuming you mean Reading) as it may give us more chance of signing Moore who can play CB and cover RB if needed. No idea if we are after Moore by the way.

I think Ayling may find his way to Yorkshire. 

I agree, a few Leeds fans seem to think he's off there.

4 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

I was one of many on here who weren't happy with the prospect of LJ being appointed, but as I've said, I stated my support immediately he was.

That hasn't changed.

I think my concerns about squad harmony are valid, and would be the same with so many newcomers, and ongoing departures of established squad members, under any manager.

Should I not voice these concerns just because LJ is the manager behind the changes?

We were noted for our squad harmony and fear of upsetting it was one of the first things commented on by the incoming manager, so reasonable to mention this with all the changes, or not?

As for having a problem with Kid, not particularly. He did go over the top though, imo, in that his ingrained and stated dislike of SC led to sustained criticism long before things turned sour. We have history of being on the opposite sides of the debate both on SO'D and SC, so we will be seen as 2 posters who historically often clash, but when he leaves out the personal stuff I generally rate him as a good poster.

Squad harmony almost go us relegated. A bigger squad with more talent kept us up. I'm prepared to sacrifice some team harmony for more talent as would any player trying to win. Lee Tomlin is a seamless fit. Brownhill, O'Dowda, Magnusson and Abraham are all young and fit in with the age group of most of our players. I think you're reading too much into it and if someone is upset competition was brought in, then it may be best to move some of those on. No one is bigger than the club. Everyone profits from staying in the championship and hopefully going up a division in the near future. 

33 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Definitely does feel like that. I know NTB was a huge fan of Cotterill, which is understandable. I always got the impression he believes SC was unfairly sacked and that he'd rather have SC ahead of LJ from reading his posts.

SC's sacking was at best debatable imo., but that's water under the bridge, things move on, and I've nothing at all against LJ.

I get over things like SC's sacking pretty quickly, it's all part of the ongoing BCFC story which continues to fascinate me.

LJ's my 22nd City manager, so I obviously don't let personal feelings get in the way of getting behind the next one, or affect my support for the club.

Archived