IGNORED

Rainbow for LGBT Equality?

redsince66

I no longer feel wanted at Bristol City.

So I think that as a statement of support, Bristol City should change the club badge from a Robin to a Dinosaur.

In fact, I feel so strongly about this I'm going to organise a Dinosaur Pride march through Bristol, and I EXPECT you all to attend. If you don't then you must be Raptorphobic!

1 minute ago, redsince66 said:

2.4 kids? good luck with that. Everyone is missing the point, Robbie Rogers felt he had to retire because he was gay.

Players are only people like us, so they deserve support, just like we all do from the stands, from the club. Gay footballers need support.

All players need support...black, straight, gay, white, culture etc,etc.

Everyone has a 'difference'.

Stop singling 'gay' people out. If you keep singling yourself out as being 'different' it creates problems.

The biggest social problem we have with 'acceptance' is the constant singling out of 'minorities'.

Stop drawing attention to yourselves.

The whole 'Gay Pride' and 'Blacks have rights too' is nonsense...everyone should be proud and have rights...we should embrace people as being people, regardless of what 'differences' we have.

It's the constant 'talking' about it in the media, that is actually getting peoples backs up and causing division.

Instead people should embrace just being people and get on. You can't force people to want to support 'difference'.

We are all different. We can all get on...but we shouldn't be made to agree with other peoples actions, if we don't agree with them.

We are meant to be multi cultural...I can be friends with many different cultures and sexuality...but no one should force me to agree with what different people feel 'normal'.

I've got friends who are Turkish and Greek and some middle eastern...lovely friendly people...but I don't agree with how they treat their woman and children and animals...but apparently I'm told I have to in this society we live in.

I don't agree with adultery and buggering another man...but apparently I'm told by society that I have to. If people want to do that...then fine...let them...it's their prerogative...but why should I be told I have to support those actions, or the Club I follow to 'Come out' and single out a certain 'minority'? I know people that are Lesbian and Gay...both accept my opinion and respect it...as do I theirs. We just agree to disagree and get on with our lives.

Why can't we all just get on as people...realise we all have difference's, and just live with it, instead of being told we have to and keep singling 'minorities' out?

59 minutes ago, redsince66 said:

Patronise? I'm saying they should do it to show support for gay footballers and also fans, but predominantly the footballers going through the mental battle. I am not a gas head and the way you're treating me makes me feel very attacked and I am reporting your post as it is a hate crime towards gays.

39 minutes ago, redsince66 said:

Most of you are too ignorant and too thick skulled to get what I am trying to say. Have a read of this and have a look at stories of gay footballers.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homosexuality_in_English_football

I don't think your doing yourself any favours with comments like this - respect is a 2 way street, you cannot demand/ask/request it and then insult everyone around you in the next breath.

I wondered how long it'd take for one of our now many minority groups to try to persuade BCFC and its supporters to their cause through forums (or should that be fora?) such as OTIB - well, now I know!

The O.P. lost the discussion point the moment he threatened to report a respondent to the police for a fairly innocuous bit of banter (ie the type you'd expect to get on a football forum if you bring your political, cultural or sexual leanings etc in to play).

• The topic was locked

Archived