IGNORED

The new bloke on the PA

Mrdc

3 hours ago, stogursey red said:

He has just been doing make some noise if you are Bristol City in da house, so cring worthy as no one joined in

Hardly matters to me can't hear **** all they say in my section of South Stand, he could have announced he had £100,000 tot he first person to the front of the stand and I doubt anyone would have moved.

SS tannoy "whah whah whah whah - Whahhh whahh"

10 minutes ago, Fiale said:

Hardly matters to me can't hear **** all they say in my section of South Stand, he could have announced he had £100,000 tot he first person to the front of the stand and I doubt anyone would have moved.

SS tannoy "whah whah whah whah - Whahhh whahh"

Couldn't hear a bloody thing

It was cringeworthy. Football isn't an American style family day out and I agree with posters who say that the whole thing made the club sound tinpot. Also, many supporters like to hear all of the half time scores not just the top two divisions...........I know it goes against the middle class Bristol Sport "customer" dynamic but some people bet on football and like to be kept informed.

Reminded me of Reading....is that what we want to be on a par with?

2 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

It was cringeworthy. Football isn't an American style family day out and I agree with posters who say that the whole thing made the club sound tinpot. Also, many supporters like to hear all of the half time scores not just the top two divisions...........I know it goes against the middle class Bristol Sport "customer" dynamic but some people bet on football and like to be kept informed.

Reminded me of Reading....is that what we want to be on a par with?

Yep, the announcing reminds me of Reading or dare I say it MK Dons. It's exactly the sort of thing we shouldn't be trying to emulate.

2 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Wow, that make some noise thing at half time was awful and embarrassing. Needs to sack that off immediately. Cringeworthy!

That was embarrassing and to do it at half time when 50% of the crowd have gone for a quick pint was a dumb idea

2 minutes ago, yardy said:

That was embarrassing and to do it at half time when 50% of the crowd have gone for a quick pint was a dumb idea

It's a very strange time to choose to do it - and what did he mean by 'make some noise'? What are you supposed to do exactly? 

Leave those sort of stunts alone, at half time people mellow out for 15 mins. All we want really is the scores read out, the dedications/birthdays/first cap for a young fan, half time draw and a bit of music. 

5 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

It's a very strange time to choose to do it - and what did he mean by 'make some noise'? What are you supposed to do exactly? 

Leave those sort of stunts alone, at half time people mellow out for 15 mins. All we want really is the scores read out, the dedications/birthdays/first cap for a young fan, half time draw and a bit of music. 

Yea i wasn't sure what noise to make so i kept quiet....as everyone else did

A few people have tweeted him and he seems to have taken it on board, in good spirits too actually. Some staff at our club could learn from that. If he acts on the feedback and improves next time it won't be an issue. Feel it's a lot to learn though for a football newbie, seems like he was just left to it with no brief or guidance.

4 hours ago, Tomarse said:

It's making us sound tinpot. Cringe 

1 hour ago, Charliesboots said:

I felt so bad for him I had to shut the patio doors on the box. 

I think someone needs to 'have a word'....

P45?

1 hour ago, Shtanley said:

Needs to go out on loan to get experience 

I was at the Wigan match and if he was the same again against the Toon then i would get him a permanent free transfer; there will be no shortage of people volunteering to drive him there.

And why no half time scores? Not everybody wants to squint over a screen on some hodge podge wi fi nonsense. 

I could do a far better job if City wanna give me a fibre optic feed over the internet. 

There is a level of understated gravitas mixed with deference that is required for such work. Not some kiddo from radio pretending to exhult kids in a candy store.

Right, I'm going to have my say (skip past thus thread if you don't want to read a rant) I was so unimpressed and embarrassed by HT I had decided to start a thread on here tonight about this subject, I'm relieved so many of you feel the same.

1) The sound today in the Dolman was very, very muffled. It was loud enough but only seemed to be able to understand every fifth word ( and that was a guess)

2) I appreciate the club trying to play interviews with LJ etc before the match, but people just do not listen and with the noise of people talking, singing, shouting and moving about pre-match even if you want to listen you just can't. Many people around me commented about Adam Baker's voice not being very clear in this situation too, it's far too 'soft'. I think the interview was to say Joe Bryan had failed a fitness test, so just announce that in as few words as possible if necessary.

These interviews do not work in this situation, it's not like the Wigan match where the crowd were hanging on Steve Lansdown's every word.

3) This has been already covered but the 'lets make some noise' Downsy input was cringeworthy. Possibly only eclipsed by the most cringeworthy thing I have ever to witness at HT which was...

4) Yes, the marriage proposal. Harsh or not I couldn't care less about this couple or how long they have been together or their plans for the future.It's attention seeking at the highest level. I wish them well but there is no place for this at a football match. To me these things are a private matter between the people involved and not something to be made a joke spectacle of.

@Mkelly think about this please.

Rant over, tin hat on.

Archived