IGNORED

The new bloke on the PA

Mrdc

I've been going a bit 'like' crazy in this thread, it obviously touched a nerve with me. I was umming and arring big time about attending today...  Decided couldn't afford it. Reading this I'm glad I didn't. 

For some, maybe it's just what happens on the pitch that matters, but looking through here it seems I'm far from being alone. 

Stuff like this matters, and feels like yet another nail in the coffin. For me, anyhow! 

Ok, the guy's new, and he's shown promise in a tweet. 

My primary concern, though, would be whether he has the remit to learn, understand and bend his ways to traditional football culture, or whether he is bound by Bristol sport's model of modern football. 

Only time will tell, but as the voice of dissent are depleted and eroded over the years, as more become disillusioned and turn their backs, the weaker that voice becomes and the quicker it dissolves. 

1 hour ago, Robin1988 said:

Exactly this.

Sorry that you must have got fired after not being up to scratch on your second day @redapple and @KevP. I don't know the guy but on a more general note I really hate the way people like you feel the need to be so belittling in your comments. You'd be a lot quieter saying it to someone's face; get a ******* life.

Total crap

Can't for the life of me think what the bloke was thinking of trying to whip up an atmosphere during the period when half the crowd were still in the concourses. It made the rest of us look bloody idiots when the Newcastle fans extracted the urine.

38 minutes ago, Mad Cyril said:

I let rip with a humongous wet fart.

I thought I was doing my bit to back the team. I assume the bloke behind me had a different view, as he punched me very hard in the face. In the face!

Yes, this announcer has to be more specific next time.

Box clever next time.

I made a silent protest and the bloke next to me got a kicking.

Sorry Dad.

2 hours ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Deserves a lot of credit for this - always good when someone is willing to listen to criticism.

It is of course,but to get somebody who hasn't even watched a game of football and is not interested is shocking,again not his fault. The club should hold their hands up and admit their mistake,I will do the job if they don't mind me effin and jeffin 

Apologies if repeating someone else but for me, even worse than the attempt st orchestrating an atmosphere were the pyrotechnics as the players came out for the first half. That was totally amateur. Let's not feed in to the 'cup game against us' mentality. We are playing Newcastle on merit - that merit being they weren't good enough for the Premier League. Let's not welcome them with Pyro's, we shouldn't feed in to that mentality and we shouldn't treat them as any more than Burton Albion. 

1 minute ago, 29AR said:

Apologies if repeating someone else but for me, even worse than the attempt st orchestrating an atmosphere were the pyrotechnics as the players came out for the first half. That was totally amateur. Let's not feed in to the 'cup game against us' mentality. We are playing Newcastle on merit - that merit being they weren't good enough for the Premier League. Let's not welcome them with Pyro's, we shouldn't feed in to that mentality and we shouldn't treat them as any more than Burton Albion. 

The heat off those things is intense. Pity anybody directly in front of one of them !

2 hours ago, Mike Hunt-Hertz said:

I found it embarassing, him going on about our 22000 crowd. Bloody decent attendance, but must have sounded tinpot to the geordies.

**** the Geordies. It was a landmark thing for us. Why not mention that.?

3 hours ago, cityred2000 said:

I actually did get sacked on my FIRST day. Got caught in the back room with a nice little blonde sort. Never saw her or the workplace again..

Haha. Well in that case please continue...

3 hours ago, KevP said:

Ha Ha ......lighten up FFS.....its a forum...we can have our opinions.  Can't we ??

Lighten up? You realise you've said someone should be got rid of and should be working in a bingo hall? I hate to send it back in your direction...

2 hours ago, redapple said:

I stick by everything I didn't even say as I just agreed with what a large amount of posters and a wide cross section were saying . 

His general style was immature , he showed no knowledge of his audience or subject , and I personally was cringing when he kept mentioning the attendance making us look very tinpot/small town .

Maybe I'm out of touch , for which I couldn't give a shit , but I'll occasionally have my say on a forum without feeling guilty about it , and while it's not my intention to hurt anyone's feelings , if somehow I do that's unfortunate . 

My new seat is Lansdown W11/R18/4 if you want to discuss face to face . 

Maybe you're impatient and would do better to give someone a chance to get better? No one's forcing you to feel guilty, but there's a difference between being a bellend and giving constructive criticism. How about you send the PA guy your seat number instead so you can have your say without feeling guilty in person?

1 hour ago, Between heaven and hell said:

Total crap

Thanks mate, hope all your posts are as well thought out.

----

Here's a crazy idea, maybe the reason none of us are doing the matchday announcing is because we'd be shite. So maybe getting a die-hard city fan who's also a good professional PA announcer is tough. Maybe giving someone who's half-way there time to learn the ropes without shooting him down might be a good idea. Just a thought. Constructive criticism, fair enough. This is just ******* sniping.

6 minutes ago, Robin1988 said:

Lighten up? You realise you've said someone should be got rid of and should be working in a bingo hall? I hate to send it back in your direction...

Maybe you're impatient and would do better to give someone a chance to get better? No one's forcing you to feel guilty, but there's a difference between being a bellend and giving constructive criticism. How about you send the PA guy your seat number instead so you can have your say without feeling guilty in person?

----

Here's a crazy idea, maybe the reason none of us are doing the matchday announcing is because we'd be shite. So maybe getting a die-hard city fan who's also a good professional PA announcer is tough. Maybe giving someone who's half-way there time to learn the ropes without shooting him down might be a good idea. Just a thought.

I have to agree with this

the guy could be announcer for years and years to come so stop giving him too much grief after two games, all feedback has to be constructive and that's where it should end.

1 hour ago, Manon said:

Yep that would work, however I was thinking more along the lines of when the opposition goes down to easily.. 

Bit of that this afternoon it has to be said.

A neutral observer would be able to pick out the former PL side. Stroll on!

7 hours ago, Robin1988 said:

----

Here's a crazy idea, maybe the reason none of us are doing the matchday announcing is because we'd be shite. So maybe getting a die-hard city fan who's also a good professional PA announcer is tough. Maybe giving someone who's half-way there time to learn the ropes without shooting him down might be a good idea. Just a thought. Constructive criticism, fair enough. This is just ******* sniping.

Anyway Robin1988, you seem to be taking things far too seriously, judging by other posts you've got involved with on here, not just this one, and all your *********ing and digs back at people.  And the majority of people commenting on this particular post were not happy with the guy on the PA system. If you were sat where we were in W11 you would have see the p### taking we got from the Newcastle fans. That caused many people near us a problem and could have got out of hand. The less the club does to give the opposition fans the chance to ridicule our fans, players and club as a whole, the better.

Now lets just move on FFS please?  

8 hours ago, Robin1988 said:

----

If you are going to quote someone perhaps it may be more accurate to put the whole of the comment in rather than the first line or perhaps you enjoyed doing it that way to make yourself feel better

9 hours ago, 29AR said:

I'd almost forgotten about this, I cringed too. Seemed very 'cup final' and OTT. Don't get me wrong I love the new stadium but don't want us to slip into Americanising football. By all means let's have a slick professional operation going on but let the players whip the crowd up, not the DJ and flamethrowers. 

The PA system in the south stand is awful you can't hear a bloody thing..!!! Hopefully they can spend the "Yannick" money on a decent new system to go with the New Screens going in next month......... JBL Speakers all round please..!! :banana::banana::banana:

as for "the voice of AG"... Tim Shires is the best we've had for a very long time. Fair to him turning up Yesterday after his said loss in the morning of the game..!! RIP 

It will be interesting to see if we stick with the flame burners and wheel them out for a wet February game against Rotherham or just for the Big Boys. I don't mind the flames/fireworks we had them years ago, but as long as it's the same for all. We shouldn't let Newcastle, Villa etc know that we think they are more special than Burton or Barnsley, as someone has said we are playing them as a fellow Championship team.

Regarding the constant reminder of the 22,000 plus crowd, it did seem to give the impression to an outsider it was because we were playing the Great Geordies, not the fact that we previously didn't have the capacity to do so for a number of years. 

2 hours ago, KevP said:

Anyway Robin1988, you seem to be taking things far too seriously, judging by other posts you've got involved with on here, not just this one, and all your *********ing and digs back at people.

My sincere apologies for calling you out for being a tosser Kev.

Let's move on and try to give someone a chance to improve next time, yeah? Constructive criticism and all that? Good lad.

1 minute ago, Red Right Hand said:

Just one thing to add to the above. Do NOT play `Hi Ho Silver Lining` before kick off as yesterday or indeed at any other time. It has nothing to do with BCFC and I really hoped we`d heard the last of the crappy thing.

That song always reminds me of the Hartlepool play off game when it seemed the whole stadium belted out "hi ho Bristol City" at the end of the game.

1 minute ago, Iron Man said:

That song always reminds me of the Hartlepool play off game when it seemed the whole stadium belted out "hi ho Bristol City" at the end of the game.

It always reminds me of Stoke at Wembley when it was only played because they didn`t have anything to associate with us when they had `Delilah`.

We had our largest crowd for decades, that is an achievement for us and worth celebrating. He was right to say that, who gives a damn what the Newcastle fans think. 

Great, they're used to much bigger crowds, but they're in the same division as us now, so who cares?!

I personally didn't have any problems with the new announcer, and he is clearly a nice guy and will learn what things the City fans will get upset about or not. 

Archived