IGNORED

The new bloke on the PA

Mrdc

6 minutes ago, RedM said:

Right, I'm going to have my say (skip past thus thread if you don't want to read a rant) I was so unimpressed and embarrassed by HT I had decided to start a thread on here tonight about this subject, I'm relieved so many of you feel the same.

1) The sound today in the Dolman was very, very muffled. It was loud enough but only seemed to be able to understand every fifth word ( and that was a guess)

2) I appreciate the club trying to play interviews with LJ etc before the match, but people just do not listen and with the noise of people talking, singing, shouting and moving about pre-match even if you want to listen you just can't. Many people around me commented about Adam Baker's voice not being very clear in this situation too, it's far too 'soft'. I think the interview was to say Joe Bryan had failed a fitness test, so just announce that in as few words as possible if necessary.

These interviews do not work in this situation, it's not like the Wigan match where the crowd were hanging on Steve Lansdown's every word.

3) This has been already covered but the 'lets make some noise' Downsy input was cringeworthy. Possibly only eclipsed by the most cringeworthy thing I have ever to witness at HT which was...

4) Yes, the marriage proposal. Harsh or not I couldn't care less about this couple or how long they have been together or their plans for the future.It's attention seeking at the highest level. I wish them well but there is no place for this at a football match. To me these things are a private matter between the people involved and not something to be made a joke spectacle of.

@Mkelly think about this please.

Rant over, tin hat on.

Exactly. Would have given this 4 likes, one for each point if it were possible.

If the lady involved had any sense she'd have turned the idiot down. I hope I'm going to see that happen one day...

On your watching interviews remark RedM; i am trying to understand why the club would buy TV screens, place them so high up the wall and not scale them to the space? They are tiny and completely lost. 

Strikes me the club have employed nobody with an architectural or design background or, if they have, they have no idea what they are doing.

The screens at the Emirates are not only lower they are infinitely larger and with such superior sound quality with additionally spaced speakers as to not invade conversation; that takes foresight not what City have done which is to buy a job lot of cheap monitors from nearby Dixons.

Sorry but its a rather important detail that has been overlooked.

1 minute ago, slartibartfast said:

The "Tannoy" in the Dolman is shocking, couldn't hear the team news, just a muffled grunt!

Unfortunately, could hear that clown at H/T. We will make noise when WE want to, not when **** all is happening . He obviously doesn't get football, or the crowds!:grr:

Yep I couldn't hear a word of the LJ interview. Just noise....Joe Bryan......noise. Waste of time having any dialogue over that system.

3 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Wow, that make some noise thing at half time was awful and embarrassing. Needs to sack that off immediately. Cringeworthy!

1,2,3...make some noise...silence...

again... 1,2,3...make some noise... :tumbleweed:

So cringeworthy...Newcastle were pissing themselves.

And lets just think about his ask...'make some noise'...what are we, some delinquent Neanderthals? Noise for the sake of it? I think the Club need to start realising City fans are a bit more discerning and don't make 'noise' for the sake of it. ;-)

1 hour ago, !james said:

Fair play, at least he's man enough to hold his hands up and want to do a better job  

59 minutes ago, RedM said:

Right, I'm going to have my say (skip past thus thread if you don't want to read a rant) I was so unimpressed and embarrassed by HT I had decided to start a thread on here tonight about this subject, I'm relieved so many of you feel the same.

1) The sound today in the Dolman was very, very muffled. It was loud enough but only seemed to be able to understand every fifth word ( and that was a guess)

2) I appreciate the club trying to play interviews with LJ etc before the match, but people just do not listen and with the noise of people talking, singing, shouting and moving about pre-match even if you want to listen you just can't. Many people around me commented about Adam Baker's voice not being very clear in this situation too, it's far too 'soft'. I think the interview was to say Joe Bryan had failed a fitness test, so just announce that in as few words as possible if necessary.

These interviews do not work in this situation, it's not like the Wigan match where the crowd were hanging on Steve Lansdown's every word.

3) This has been already covered but the 'lets make some noise' Downsy input was cringeworthy. Possibly only eclipsed by the most cringeworthy thing I have ever to witness at HT which was...

4) Yes, the marriage proposal. Harsh or not I couldn't care less about this couple or how long they have been together or their plans for the future.It's attention seeking at the highest level. I wish them well but there is no place for this at a football match. To me these things are a private matter between the people involved and not something to be made a joke spectacle of.

Rant over, tin hat on.

Overheard a conversation about problems with the PA (clear to everyone) and some pissed off people running about trying to sort. 

Was a few things that didn't quite go to plan today but I suppose that's to be expected with all the work that's been done and as a test event etc. 

16 minutes ago, RedM said:

Rant over, tin hat on.

Nailed it @RedM!

The LJ interview inparticular - just doesn't work. I was also in the Dolman today, and it didn't carry above the general "hubbub".

1 minute ago, havanatopia said:

Be afraid, perhaps very afraid, for music when a goal is scored next.... Oh my goodness that would be the last straw for many.

The End of Days...

We're nearly there with Republica's "Ready to Go" before every kick off....Oh man I want to stove the speaker in so much

2 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Deserves a lot of credit for this - always good when someone is willing to listen to criticism.

Yep absolutely right. Some people would've got very defensive about it, but he's replying to all the tweets and clearly wants to do better. It is refreshing to see and rare from staff at the club.

It went wrong today, but with that attitude he will get it right. Hope he does.

14 minutes ago, Charliesboots said:

Fair play, at least he's man enough to hold his hands up and want to a better job  

Overheard a conversation about problems with the PA (clear to everyone) and some pissed off people running about trying to sort. 

Was a few things that didn't quite go to plan today but I suppose that's to be expected with all the work that's been done and as a test event etc. 

No doubt there were problems and yes these things do happen, but hopefully if there was any real need eg safety announcements etc, an alternative system would have kicked in. 

I understand about the build, of course I do but I hope the 'biggest game for twenty six years' (or whatever was being said) wasn't being used as a 'test event' ! 

But maybe that's the problem, were the speakers in 'conflict' with each other ? were we in the Dolman hearing our speakers and the sound of the West Stand speakers carried across  a split second later making it incomprehensible? No doubt the speakers have been tested in an empty stadium but add +22,000 and the acoustics must be very different.

Anyway, as people have also said it's as much about the content as the delivery

15 minutes ago, Charliesboots said:

Fair play, at least he's man enough to hold his hands up and want to a better job  

Was mentioned at the Portsmouth Friendly and the Wigan game that the Tannoy is not clear in most stands, Dolman it seems to quite, most of SS it's just white noise, concourse and just outside the stadium... well actually it's almost perfect. They said they were looking at it after those matches but nothing has changed....   just for info the music comes across perfectly fine.... 

25 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Deserves a lot of credit for this - always good when someone is willing to listen to criticism.

To a point.

What he should have said when offered the gig was 'I've never been to a football match before, but I have hosted a junior school disco - are they the same?'

15 minutes ago, RedM said:

No doubt there were problems and yes these things do happen, but hopefully if there was any real need eg safety announcements etc, an alternative system would have kicked in. 

I understand about the build, of course I do but I hope the 'biggest game for twenty six years' (or whatever was being said) wasn't being used as a 'test event' ! - I thought (perhaps incorrectly) that it as it was the first use of the upper tier with restrictions placed upon it by SAG then it would have been a perfect opportunity to show them how the stadium can operate in a live event? Therefore allowing SAG to sign off the stadium is safe to use with no capacity restrictions?

But maybe that's the problem, were the speakers in 'conflict' with each other ? were we in the Dolman hearing our speakers and the sound of the West Stand speakers carried across  a split second later making it incomprehensible? No doubt the speakers have been tested in an empty stadium but add +22,000 and the acoustics must be very different.

Anyway, as people have also said it's as much about the content as the delivery - Agree

9 minutes ago, kent red said:

All too.... antiseptic baby, jees. I really don't want to hear a muffled interview pre match as to why joe Bryan isn't playing & I REALLY don't want to hear a positively positive post match analysis after a defeat 

baah humbug

KR

Yep, much prefer hearing, Python's 'Always look on the bright side of life' and moping away from the ground in the rain, staring at my feet, whilst the final scores are coming in over a crappy tannoy ... (please note that I am not being sarcastic, but do I actually miss this!)

His second game. He's taken the advice on Twitter and commented on it. Not gotten defensive about it. Based on this, I'm willing to give him a few more games and I think we all should. Listen to him, let him know what he's doing well and what he isn't. If he makes changes then he can continue. I agree it was quite bad today but he's taken the advice on board it would seem. Looking forward to seeing adjustments next Saturday. 

Dolman tannoy needs lots of work. That is all. 

1 hour ago, RedM said:

Rant over, tin hat on.

Spot on.

Fair play for his tweet.

He does come across like he knows eff all about football.....surprised so many on here dislike his performances :whistle:

20 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

His second game. He's taken the advice on Twitter and commented on it. Not gotten defensive about it. Based on this, I'm willing to give him a few more games and I think we all should. Listen to him, let him know what he's doing well and what he isn't. If he makes changes then he can continue. I agree it was quite bad today but he's taken the advice on board it would seem. Looking forward to seeing adjustments next Saturday. 

Dolman tannoy needs lots of work. That is all. 

Exactly this.

Sorry that you must have got fired after not being up to scratch on your second day @redapple and @KevP. I don't know the guy but on a more general note I really hate the way people like you feel the need to be so belittling in your comments. You'd be a lot quieter saying it to someone's face; get a ******* life.

Archived