IGNORED

The new bloke on the PA

Mrdc

1 minute ago, Robin1988 said:

Exactly this.

Sorry that you must have got fired after not being up to scratch on your second day @redapple and @KevP. I really hate the way people like you are so belittling. Get a ******* life.

Ha Ha ......lighten up FFS.....its a forum...we can have our opinions.  Can't we ??

1 hour ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Deserves a lot of credit for this - always good when someone is willing to listen to criticism.

Ummm... but should such a self-proclaimed professional organisation as Bristol Sport be employing what appears to be a football novice, learning his trade 'live'?

Ashton Gate is neither a nightclub or kindergarten. We've not be transported to the USA either. I'm sure he's a nice bloke but he does not appear to understand Englishfootball culture. 

Giving away fans gifts to take the **** out of us is an absolute no, no. No more 'Delia Moments' please. 

2 minutes ago, Moor2Sea said:

Ummm... but should such a self-proclaimed professional organisation as Bristol Sport be employing what appears to be a football novice, learning his trade 'live'?

Ashton Gate is neither a nightclub or kindergarten. We've not be transported to the USA either. I'm sure he's a nice bloke but he does not appear to understand Englishfootball culture. 

Giving away fans gifts to take the **** out of us is an absolute no, no. No more 'Delia Moments' please. 

I agree with everything you say but it doesn't make what I said any less true. If the club have appointed the wrong person to the role, that's not his fault.

8 minutes ago, Mike Hunt-Hertz said:

I found it embarassing, him going on about our 22000 crowd. Bloody decent attendance, but must have sounded tinpot to the geordies.

Come on Mike.......don't "belittle" the bloke...........:facepalm:

I think what happens on the pitch is way more important than what happens off it.

most in here now taking this too serious. Let's all remember there is now an even more diverse group of fans so what appeals to one group might not appeal to the other. Maybe it works well with the younger fans who knows - in any case if we are winning no one will care to be honest so calm down all

who cares about our mic reputation?? So we get whopped on the pitch but at least we keep our mic skills reputation intact ey?? :D

18 minutes ago, Robin1988 said:

Exactly this.

Sorry that you must have got fired after not being up to scratch on your second day @redapple and @KevP. I don't know the guy but on a more general note I really hate the way people like you feel the need to be so belittling in your comments. You'd be a lot quieter saying it to someone's face; get a ******* life.

I actually did get sacked on my FIRST day. Got caught in the back room with a nice little blonde sort. Never saw her or the workplace again..

3 minutes ago, Moor2Sea said:

Giving away fans gifts to take the **** out of us is an absolute no, no. No more 'Deliha Moments' please. 

Exactly 

Dont mean to sound miserable but it's all too bleedin sanitised. Christ that game was calling out for passion on the pitch, off the pitch AND on the PA. If we'd kicked them in the air....! we'd not of lost today

22 minutes ago, Robin1988 said:

Exactly this.

Sorry that you must have got fired after not being up to scratch on your second day @redapple and @KevP. I don't know the guy but on a more general note I really hate the way people like you feel the need to be so belittling in your comments. You'd be a lot quieter saying it to someone's face; get a ******* life.

I stick by everything I didn't even say as I just agreed with what a large amount of posters and a wide cross section were saying . 

His general style was immature , he showed no knowledge of his audience or subject , and I personally was cringing when he kept mentioning the attendance making us look very tinpot/small town .

Maybe I'm out of touch , for which I couldn't give a shit , but I'll occasionally have my say on a forum without feeling guilty about it , and while it's not my intention to hurt anyone's feelings , if somehow I do that's unfortunate . 

My new seat is Lansdown W11/R18/4 if you want to discuss face to face . 

32 minutes ago, redapple said:

I stick by everything I didn't even say as I just agreed with what a large amount of posters and a wide cross section were saying . 

His general style was immature , he showed no knowledge of his audience or subject , and I personally was cringing when he kept mentioning the attendance making us look very tinpot/small town .

Maybe I'm out of touch , for which I couldn't give a shit , but I'll occasionally have my say on a forum without feeling guilty about it , and while it's not my intention to hurt anyone's feelings , if somehow I do that's unfortunate . 

Was agreeing with you all the way 'till your last sentence which came across as being a bit passive aggressive.

9 minutes ago, redapple said:

9 minutes ago, redapple said:

This.

Looks like the majority agree, but you and me felt the wrath or Mr Robin1988 for some reason....;).anyway, onwards and upwards.

56 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

His second game. He's taken the advice on Twitter and commented on it. Not gotten defensive about it. Based on this, I'm willing to give him a few more games and I think we all should. Listen to him, let him know what he's doing well and what he isn't. If he makes changes then he can continue. I agree it was quite bad today but he's taken the advice on board it would seem. Looking forward to seeing adjustments next Saturday. 

Dolman tannoy needs lots of work. That is all. 

No thanks. This is exactly the sort of small club mentality that has held us back for far to many years. If he or anyone else employed by the club isn't upto the job there is no room for sentiment as you suggest. Second game in a row that he's been site so should be binned. 

I sit in S22 and can't hear what is said by anyone because the sound from loudspeakers seems to "vibrate".

I agree that I got sick of hearing it was out highest crowd for twenty odd years. We're not a giant of a club but it made us ssem like non league minnows yet it was a league match so why suck up to Newcastle with such statements.

I couldn't hear the teams as read out by Adam Baker because he mumbled he names.

20 minutes ago, Just Red said:

No thanks. This is exactly the sort of small club mentality that has held us back for far to many years. If he or anyone else employed by the club isn't upto the job there is no room for sentiment as you suggest. Second game in a row that he's been site so should be binned. 

Yes, the club hiring someone who speaks professionally to thousands on a daily basis over the radio and is learning a new job makes Bristol City a small club. GTFO. It's got nothing to do with club size or mentality. I think the club being in the second or third division for the past 40 or so years has more to do with the "small club" mentality then the bloke who announces lineups and raffle numbers. 

4 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

Yes, the club hiring someone who speaks professionally to thousands on a daily basis over the radio and is learning a new job makes Bristol City a small club. GTFO. It's got nothing to do with club size or mentality. I think the club being in the second or third division for the past 40 or so years has more to do with the "small club" mentality then the bloke who announces lineups and raffle numbers. 

But that's the problem, he's not just reading out the line outs and the raffle numbers. 

He's the voice everyone hears, Newcastle fans will go back home today thinking we are a tinpot club that has just played their cup final. 

2 hours ago, yardy said:

Yea i wasn't sure what noise to make so i kept quiet....as everyone else did

I let rip with a humongous wet fart.

I thought I was doing my bit to back the team. I assume the bloke behind me had a different view, as he punched me very hard in the face. In the face!

Yes, this announcer has to be more specific next time.

13 minutes ago, Betty Swallocks said:

But that's the problem, he's not just reading out the line outs and the raffle numbers. 

He's the voice everyone hears, Newcastle fans will go back home today thinking we are a tinpot club that has just played their cup final. 

It really doesn't matter what Newcastle thinks. I'm all for not liking him. I cringed much of the day as well. If the guy is willing to listen and try and get better then he should get the opportunity, IMO. If he's still poor after 6-7-8 games then by all means move on but give the guy a chance. He seems keen enough. It's weird the impatience with everything on this forum. Surprised we haven't seen LJ out threads after 2 losses. 

Archived