IGNORED

Gustav Engvall - It's Official - Signed

1891 B.C. Sweden

A blog entry by Gustav's girlfriend it appears: http://nouw.com/amandafranzen/bristol-city-fc-26722363

Looks like he's already paid a visit to the AG Coffee Shop.

"Unfortunately I can not move now because I have a year left in high school. After the student enters the wagon to England and today I start the countdown to that day."

8 minutes ago, View from the Dolman said:

A blog entry by Gustav's girlfriend it appears: http://nouw.com/amandafranzen/bristol-city-fc-26722363

Looks like he's already paid a visit to the AG Coffee Shop.

"Unfortunately I can not move now because I have a year left in high school. After the student enters the wagon to England and today I start the countdown to that day."

Apologies to our Swedish friends but here's the full Google Translation...

"Okay gang .. Here's the thing. I really wanted to update you on just that and wherever I found myself in recent days. Of course you wonder! Yesterday morning, I flew and Gustav with very short notice to England, why?

Today, he designed a new club, Bristol City FC and it feels good. The impression out of the club and the city really gives us a smile and a good gut feeling in your stomach. So it is here that our lives will continue.
You always know that this will happen. But it is difficult to live with a footballer is that life really can change in one night, which this time. On Sunday came the news and the morning after we flew, hard to understand really. But it is!

Today he designed in any case, my beloved Gustav. I'm so proud of you and wish you all the best in your new club! We will rock England together.

Unfortunately I can not move now because I have a year left in high school. After the student enters the wagon to England and today I start the countdown to the day" 

IMG_20160831_220132.jpg

A translation that wasnt done by google for you, not that it matters

"Okay gang.. Here is how it is. Ive really wanted to keep you up to date on this and where ive been for the last couple of days. Of course you wonder! Yesterday morning me and Gustav flew on short notice to England, why?

Today he signed for a new club, Bristol City FC and it feels good. The impression from the club and the city has given us a nice smile and a good feel in our stomachs. So this is how our life will continue. You always knew this was gonna happen. But the difficult thing about living with a football player is that your life can change over night, like this time. This Sunday the news came and the morning after we flew, its tough to realize really. But that is how it is!

Anyways, today he signed, by loved Gustav. I am so proud over you and wish you good luck at your new club! We are gonna rock England together.

Unfortunately i cant come with him since i have a year left of high school. I'll move to England after graduation and today i start the countdown to that day"

She is really not a good writer :laugh:...

2 minutes ago, IFKgöteborgsupporter said:

1998 but has turned 18 so you can still... do your thing and not feel bad about it.

Just easy to forget how young some of the players actually are. There is no reason at all that a 20 year old should not have a partner that is 18. No reason at all why an 18 year old should not be finishing her studies. Just looks...odd when read in black and white.

3 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

They do look like a Swedish Tourist Board brochure`s perfect couple don`t they?

Indeed.

She is a student, and you think he would be on enough of a wedge to buy the lass a pair of trousers without holes in them!

12 minutes ago, NeilS said:

Thank you for the effort in posting that, how is he viewed over there?

You guys sold your main striker to Aston Villa right? Idk about your striker situation but if youre expecting Engvall to come in and lead the line then... i dont think he is ready. He was barely prolific enough in Sweden and the Championship is a step up. On the positive side, he came up huge away to AIK last season in the biggest match of the year. He made that an unforgettable away trip for us so hes showed that he can perform when the pressure is on. The general feeling in our supporter base is that its a decent deal for us. We havent ripped you but havent gotten scammed either. We need money however, the club is in proper shit. Sold our training facilities and all that. I think if youre patient with him then he will come proper good.

14 minutes ago, IFKgöteborgsupporter said:

You guys sold your main striker to Aston Villa right? Idk about your striker situation but if youre expecting Engvall to come in and lead the line then... i dont think he is ready. He was barely prolific enough in Sweden and the Championship is a step up. On the positive side, he came up huge away to AIK last season in the biggest match of the year. He made that an unforgettable away trip for us so hes showed that he can perform when the pressure is on. The general feeling in our supporter base is that its a decent deal for us. We havent ripped you but havent gotten scammed either. We need money however, the club is in proper shit. Sold our training facilities and all that. I think if youre patient with him then he will come proper good.

Thanks for taking the time to post. Most likely he is cover, or at least an option for us in certain games. It is an odd one, yes we sold our number one striker, but he was in danger of becoming our number 2, as a loan from Chelsea has started very well. The loan player will most likely be our number 1 striker, with this new signing to fill the squad out. We will no doubt hope he develops.

Good luck to IFK and hope the money helps!

41 minutes ago, cityexile said:

Just easy to forget how young some of the players actually are. There is no reason at all that a 20 year old should not have a partner that is 18. No reason at all why an 18 year old should not be finishing her studies. Just looks...odd when read in black and white.

You're not wrong.  When Joe was mascot v Swindon (what a night) in 14/15, you get to into the dressings rooms pre-game.  It is at that point that you realise how young they are (apart from Wilbs).  They carry a lot on their shoulders.  Some handle it well, and are fine having a natter, some go into their shell.  Wilbs and Frankie were full of it, organising the others to gets Joe's footie and programme signed.  Unfair to mention the quiet ones, suspect some were just doing their usual pre-match stuff, getting in the zone.  God knows how Dave Richards managed to get changed quick enough for the keepers warm up though, must have had his kit on underneath his suit!

Hoping Engvall will settle....assume theirs no Viking rivalries to contend with.

2 minutes ago, AshtonGreat said:

Thing is, as Pep said, we're not an academy. We need someone who can score goals now

And you know for certain that he won't score goals now?

lotto numbers please.

Or, is it that you haven't learnt the lessons from past Windows (Wilbraham, Matt Smith, Jonathan Kodjia) and decided whether he will be good enough or not already.

7 hours ago, El Hombrecito said:

Apologies to our Swedish friends but here's the full Google Translation...

"Okay gang .. Here's the thing. I really wanted to update you on just that and wherever I found myself in recent days. Of course you wonder! Yesterday morning, I flew and Gustav with very short notice to England, why?

Today, he designed a new club, Bristol City FC and it feels good. The impression out of the club and the city really gives us a smile and a good gut feeling in your stomach. So it is here that our lives will continue.
You always know that this will happen. But it is difficult to live with a footballer is that life really can change in one night, which this time. On Sunday came the news and the morning after we flew, hard to understand really. But it is!

Today he designed in any case, my beloved Gustav. I'm so proud of you and wish you all the best in your new club! We will rock England together.

Unfortunately I can not move now because I have a year left in high school. After the student enters the wagon to England and today I start the countdown to the day" 

IMG_20160831_220132.jpg

Oh no-our own episode of "The Beckham's"....!!!.....

much talk about the level of Swedish football which has some truth compared to the Championship BUT looking at all those highlights he has played in front of huge crowds and thats a huge plus. He certainly won't be one to freeze!

I don't think many of our current players have ever played in such a atmosphere as the one one in his highlights where he scored two.

he also looks like a natural finisher so as long as he gets clear chances most will be on target.

Not seen this particular video be posted yet - best goal I've seen in all the clips, much better than the set City put on their Youtube feed.

You can see why LJ likes him if you watch the other interplay in this video, very similar to our intended style, lots of movement and passing in the final third and players who aren't afraid to take a shot. From watching several clips get a feeling his biggest asset will be strength and intelligence/composure, looks strong beyond his age and great foil to Tammy and good person to lead the line in a 433/451. Obviously needs to develop but great for his age.  

1 hour ago, Thatwasclose said:

he also looks like a natural finisher so as long as he gets clear chances most will be on target.

I think this is the most telling thing from the highlights, one thing that is incredibly hard to coach into a player is composure in front of goal, it seems as though Tammy has this too. For all his strengths, I challenge anyone to say, and prove, that Kodjia was a natural finisher. We create a lot of chances, a lot more than what I imagine Goteborg ever did and can see this lad doing well for us and more often than not being in the right place at the right time, think he has got 8-12 goals in him this season. Welcome Gustav!

2 hours ago, Olé said:

Not seen this particular video be posted yet - best goal I've seen in all the clips, much better than the set City put on their Youtube feed.

You can see why LJ likes him if you watch the other interplay in this video, very similar to our intended style, lots of movement and passing in the final third and players who aren't afraid to take a shot. From watching several clips get a feeling his biggest asset will be strength and intelligence/composure, looks strong beyond his age and great foil to Tammy and good person to lead the line in a 433/451. Obviously needs to develop but great for his age.  

Wow , the crowd , it's just a cauldron. 

3 hours ago, Olé said:

Can we have their cameraman on loan for the season? What a novelty, being able to see something other than just the ball whizzing past in a white blur. 

6 hours ago, Fiale said:

nice pad on the waterfront.... walking distance to the ground :cool:

Used to see SC surveying the scenery from the balcony of a very salubrious looking 3rd floor pad on the waterfront.

Always wondered if it was his occasional weekend perk and it was in fact owned by SL or KD.

Wonder if Gustav is taking early residence in the same one?

17 hours ago, AshtonGreat said:

Thing is, as Pep said, we're not an academy. We need someone who can score goals now

And yet Man City have only 2 strikers now, one inexperienced if talented. With the prospect of Aguerro being banned for 3 games. To which Pep's response was 'We will adapt.' So will we I think.

5 hours ago, Shtanley said:

Mental that barely anyone is talking about a signing that cost over £2m, shows how far we've come in a short space of time. 

Funny window all around. So much excitement  , signing after signing and it all ended up like a young kid at Christmas, opening one present but taking little notice before moving to the next !

I am genuinely excited over the coming season , Engval , Lucic , Taylor - Moore etc , the future looks bright and it's almost here.

Archived