IGNORED

Section 82

David Brent

Just for the record, the banner yesterday was 100% NOT anti-Lansdown. Nor anti-BCFC in any way. It's a wider message to the general state of football. 

Lets be clear. 100% not against SL. 

Also for the record, those who design these banners have already held talks about one which is pro-SL, something along the lines of 'Thanks Sir Steve' or 'The House That Steve Built'. 

The S82 organisers are NOT anti-SL. I hope that's clear enough. 

15 minutes ago, RedDave said:

I get 82 shoved down my throat by gasheads and now I have to endure city fans mentioning it as well.  I don't want that - does that make me silly?  

As per the excellent post earlier in the thread, we should have nothing to be ashamed of re 82, and the fact the gas have "shoved it down your throat", suggests we need to make sure we take back ownership of this. 

Section 82, to my mind, is a good way of starting this and ignoring the pathetic 82ers jibe from the blue few. 

3 minutes ago, Alan Dicks said:

On the subject of Section 82 they sounded as loud as my local library yesterday. 

Sounded ok from where I was. Just one question to you sir, did you start many songs, join in with many songs or generally make lots of noise? 

7 minutes ago, Trueredsupporte said:

Don't see the point in the abusive stickers mr mabbutt. some of the stickers like the JD ones are weird in a difficult cringey way. on here I defended section 82 and said they should remain in the Atyeo. at times they should engage their minds a bit more.

Got any proof that the Jill Dando stickers were anything to do with the Section 82 sticker club? 

There are lots of other independent sticker salesmen out there you know. 

35 minutes ago, Harry said:

Come on now Rob, we don't need to go there again. 

New season and zero aggro or antagonism shown so far this year.  

Lets all put that silly situation to bed. Plus it's irrelevant to this particular conversation about the banner. 

Fair point, well made. 

55 minutes ago, Harry said:

As per the excellent post earlier in the thread, we should have nothing to be ashamed of re 82, and the fact the gas have "shoved it down your throat", suggests we need to make sure we take back ownership of this. 

Section 82, to my mind, is a good way of starting this and ignoring the pathetic 82ers jibe from the blue few. 

One of the few times we disagree.  A dark cloud in our history of which we should all move on from.

1 minute ago, RedDave said:

One of the few times we disagree.  A dark cloud in our history of which we should all move on from.

I agree, a very dark cloud. But we should look at that and make sure we never forget it so that it doesn't happen again. 

The fact the gas have coined the pathetic 82 er phrase, all we wanted to do with the naming of Section 82 was to reclaim 82 and make sure we don't go through that again. We should not sweep it under the carpet but ensure it is never forgotten. 

Don't let those blue few beat you on this one Dave 

3 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

So none of them have Sky Sports subscriptions then I take it..? 

If the banner is general then that's obviously not clear. Holding it up as our team takes the field, in view of SL..? It's a strange time and place to do it when most "fans" are applauding the team on and gratefully taking in our impressive new surroundings. 

I think you are giving many of those "fans" too much credit. 

It most certainly did come across as cringeworthy, ungrateful and a dig. Especially from people, many of whom I'll put money on it, directly contribute to the problems that you rightly identify by paying a subscription to Murdoch. 

Are they out somewhere today campaigning against sweatshop labour, in their shiny new Nike trainers aswell..?! 

Any particular reason you keep emphasising the word "fans" in speech marks when referencing the S82 supporters? 

1 hour ago, Harry said:

Just for the record, the banner yesterday was 100% NOT anti-Lansdown. Nor anti-BCFC in any way. It's a wider message to the general state of football. 

Also for the record, those who design these banners have already held talks about one which is pro-SL, something along the lines of 'Thanks Sir Steve' or 'The House That Steve Built'. 

Further to this, if S82 were anti-SL I doubt we'd have printed a banner with the clubs very own 'pack the gate' phrase. 

image.jpeg

1 hour ago, Harry said:

"Thanks Sir Steve" or "House that Steve built" banners are great ideas. 

I won't comment on the other one again. 

2 hours ago, Trueredsupporte said:

cringe 82 should be dropping all these anti modern football ideas dodgy stickers and back BCFC 100%. Club are losing money to house this mob in the Atyeo and giving them cheap tickets that is showing you are fans not customers!!!!! divisive behaviour will get them nowhere.

You come out with shit like that and accuse fans in the Atyeo of being divisive ! I was in there backed the team throughout and didn't even see the ******* flag. Not my cup of tea but like it or not often the only atmosphere generated in the ground is by the folk stood behind me.

5 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

Anyone purchasing a ticket, a replica shirt, or a half pie or pint IS a customer. There is no problem with that. We are fans AND customers. That's no sleight or degradation. 

I bet they are the first to moan when "customer" service isn't up to scratch, if their seats were filthy, if the toilets were blocked, if refreshments ran out by 1.30pm. 

That is all customer focus which they are happy with when it suits them to be "customers"

Those in "section 82" get far more "fan" related focus than any other part of the stadium by a million miles. ie: exemption to some rules, extra tolerance on behaviours/language, unreserved seating at their request, cheapest tickets. Christ, the club even pass up the opportunity of extra revenue from increased away capacity by retaining "section 82" in the Atyeo to keep these "perks" available to them (SAG wouldn't allow such leniency in other areas of the ground)

I seem to remember all these sort of negative comments coming out in the eastend days aswell. You do really seem have an agenda that if people don't support the team/ club in the manner that you do, then these little bitchy comments come out from behind your computer screen. Please have a day off now it's getting boring. Some people support bcfc in different ways, some people enjoy following football in different ways - it's what makes the game what it is get over it.

2 hours ago, Harry said:

It won't be with some because it doesn't suit their agenda ;)

The whole S82 is great, I've been apart of the atmosphere when I can but generally the other stands make little to no noise... The atmosphere is pretty much dead at AG these days, its not great for the players to give them a boost when they are playing in a lifeless stadium.

Why people moan about all this and a banner which was a dig at modern football and not at the club is just ridiculous.

Keep up the good work Section 82

45 minutes ago, Can't stand me now said:

I seem to remember all these sort of negative comments coming out in the eastend days aswell. You do really seem have an agenda that if people don't support the team/ club in the manner that you do, then these little bitchy comments come out from behind your computer screen. Please have a day off now it's getting boring. Some people support bcfc in different ways, some people enjoy following football in different ways - it's what makes the game what it is get over it.

Well that's ironic! 

As Harry rightly said already, it's water under the bridge now, but the (previous) attitude from some in S82 towards supporters in other parts of the ground makes your comments above very hypocritical. 

Archived