IGNORED

Section 82

David Brent

55 minutes ago, Loon plage said:

Do you believe that stickers are only purchased by fans in the Atyeo ? You must be on a wind up.

Agree Loon, I'm a self confessed Prawn Sandwich consumer yet I've bought the stickers before....the lad has them to plaster his school books and one resides inside the cover of my diary (much to the laughter of the people I work with)  

Every little helps. 

One thing I would like to know is why the rest of the ground thinks everyone in the atyeo is in section 82 I would say they are only 30-35% of the stand, I was in the east end from its reopening and moved round the ground with the singers but don't know the self appointed superfans of 82, they don't do anything to mix with the rest of the stand preferring to say in the corner with there flags and banners that are for them only, nothing is stopping them moving to the middle of the stand and getting more people involved but they just seam to have no interest in this, preferring to stay in there corner patting them self's on the back, I know I am not alone in this view from other atyeo ticket holders I talk to, so as one of the majority who knew nothing about the banner please don't tar everyone in the atyeo with the same brush

6 minutes ago, stogursey red said:

One thing I would like to know is why the rest of the ground thinks everyone in the atyeo is in section 82 I would say they are only 30-35% of the stand, I was in the east end from its reopening and moved round the ground with the singers but don't know the self appointed superfans of 82, they don't do anything to mix with the rest of the stand preferring to say in the corner with there flags and banners that are for them only, nothing is stopping them moving to the middle of the stand and getting more people involved but they just seam to have no interest in this, preferring to stay in there corner patting them self's on the back, I know I am not alone in this view from other atyeo ticket holders I talk to, so as one of the majority who knew nothing about the banner please don't tar everyone in the atyeo with the same brush

Interesting! 

Without any agenda whatsoever, I hope that those in S82 take heed and embrace this feedback and try to integrate others in the Atyeo to grow the atmosphere. 

I awlays wondered why so few in the Atyeo actually appeared to be joining in with things. 

Lets not alienate other members of our own support. Integrate, include, grow & evolve. 

I don't know if some posters negativity to the Atyeo and Section 82 is a wind up but just to try to give a little bit of balance here is my confession. 

I hold a season ticket in the Atyeo.

Before that it was the Williams.

Before that it was the EastEnd. 

I massively miss the EastEnd and will always consider myself an EastEnder. 

I love the more relaxed attitude the club allow us in the Atyeo. 

I am very grateful to the club for allowing me to support our club in the way I enjoy. 

Over many years I have put many thousands of pounds into our club.

I like to sing and shout at the football.

I dislike certain songs and do not join in with them I.e Jill Dando,smell my fingers, and the Dolman are c.....

I would willingly move to another part of the ground for the odd game if the club could maximise profits by giving the whole of the Atyeo to away fans.

I am extremely proud that we have a local man in Steve Landown as our owner.

I buy the stickers for several reasons.I like to collect all the different designs,I work with several Gasheads and put them on my own property in work, I like to contribute money to pay for flags etc to be used in the ground and I would happily contribute towards flags etc in other parts of the ground.

I love what S82 are trying to achieve. It makes my visits to AG much more enjoyable. 

I am hugely against modern football.This is not a City thing,this is a football thing.

I respect the fact that other City fans preferred match day experience may be different to mine.

I do not not generalise about fans in other stands and I would like to know as an Atyeo fan,what the posters from other stands that are so quick to berate the Atyeo /Section 82 find so objectionable about me?

7 minutes ago, Slacker said:

I don't know if some posters negativity to the Atyeo and Section 82 is a wind up but just to try to give a little bit of balance here is my confession. 

I hold a season ticket in the Atyeo.

Before that it was the Williams.

Before that it was the EastEnd. 

I massively miss the EastEnd and will always consider myself an EastEnder. 

I love the more relaxed attitude the club allow us in the Atyeo. 

I am very grateful to the club for allowing me to support our club in the way I enjoy. 

Over many years I have put many thousands of pounds into our club.

I like to sing and shout at the football.

I dislike certain songs and do not join in with them I.e Jill Dando,smell my fingers, and the Dolman are c.....

I would willingly move to another part of the ground for the odd game if the club could maximise profits by giving the whole of the Atyeo to away fans.

I am extremely proud that we have a local man in Steve Landown as our owner.

I buy the stickers for several reasons.I like to collect all the different designs,I work with several Gasheads and put them on my own property in work, I like to contribute money to pay for flags etc to be used in the ground and I would happily contribute towards flags etc in other parts of the ground.

I love what S82 are trying to achieve. It makes my visits to AG much more enjoyable. 

I am hugely against modern football.This is not a City thing,this is a football thing.

I respect the fact that other City fans preferred match day experience may be different to mine.

I do not not generalise about fans in other stands and I would like to know as an Atyeo fan,what the posters from other stands that are so quick to berate the Atyeo /Section 82 find so objectionable about me?

Do you mind.

There is absolutely NO place for reasonable arguments in this thread. We want knee-jerk reactions.

16 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Interesting! 

Without any agenda whatsoever, I hope that those in S82 take heed and embrace this feedback and try to integrate others in the Atyeo to grow the atmosphere. 

I awlays wondered why so few in the Atyeo actually appeared to be joining in with things. 

Lets not alienate other members of our own support. Integrate, include, grow & evolve. 

Unfortunately, one thing I do know is that the club have stopped them growing or moving to the middle of the Atyeo - the club have told them to stay in the end 2 blocks (one of which is 7 seats long).

I often stand in there when I can, they did once, try to spread and found that to their expense, the flags went missing and many took them home - maybe down to poor comms but none the less, still happened.

Unfortunately, like I said...the club have asked them to stay in the corner as some in the Atyeo just want to sit and watch the game and not get involved which is totally fair enough.

My opinion, let them carry on what they do...if you don't agree then you don't agree, we can't all agree on everything - I for one hate the fact all the Bristol Sport teams have the same away kits, some love it - it's a game of opinions.

Last season they sang abusive words towards the Dolman, this was wrong and they have learnt from that (not heard it since) however, people calling them special needs etc is just as stupid.

Everyone just needs to chill out and let fans support the team in whatever way they desire, at the end of the day that is the point - to support OUR team. 

50 minutes ago, Slacker said:

No flags have ever been put out in the part of the stand i usually stand in, don't think I have ever seen flags in the block nearest the away fans,

Don't get me wrong I love to sing and the relaxed rules that's why I am there, just think 82 feels like a private club and they do nothing to get everyone involved

2 minutes ago, stogursey red said:

Don't get me wrong I love to sing and the relaxed rules that's why I am there, just think 82 feels like a private club and they do nothing to get everyone involved

I'm nothing to do with S82, but I sit in the Atyeo and I very much feel like part of something, without having to be invited or feel like I'm not involved.

6 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

So none of them have Sky Sports subscriptions then I take it..? Possibly, but that is their choice. You can be anti-Sky money ruining the game and have a subscription, you'd just have to be very principled not to (although, agreed, it is not the safest leg to stand on, if that is the case. But...). Knowing quite a few of 'them', as I do, having been one of 'them' for the best part of a decade, no, many of them if not most, do not have a Sky subscription. I don't. Nor do I buy or look at the Times or any other Murdoch product if I am aware it is one of his. 

If the banner is general then that's obviously not clear. Not to you, maybe, but it is to anyone who has seen the Against Modern Football campaign. Your point of view is coming from the stance of not being aware of it. At least, that is how you are coming across here. Again, a quick bit of research - such as Libertine1 has done via the forum here - and the national, in fact Europe-wide, campaign is easy to understand, even if you don't agree with it. 

Holding it up as our team takes the field, in view of SL..? It's a strange time and place to do it when most "fans" are applauding the team on and gratefully taking in our impressive new surroundings. Were you around in the 80s when barely a home defeat - esp 85-88 when we accrued money but didn't spend it - went by without some kind of Enclosure remonstration at the Board. Vociferous and in their faces, not calm and collected on a banner. We have gratefully taken in our surroundings every game - until when would you like us to wait before we might make a message of our own? Is it ok to make supportive messages whilst still gratefully taking in our surroundings? How long does it take to take in one's surroundings before we can do something else?

I think you are giving many of those "fans" too much credit. As I know a lot of them, incl tose who made the banner and share the sentiment, I give them the exact amount of credit they deserve, from my point of view. your point of view is different, so let's not carry this on all night as we both have work in the morning.

It most certainly did come across as cringeworthy, ungrateful and a dig. Especially from people, many of whom I'll put money on it, directly contribute to the problems that you rightly identify by paying a subscription to Murdoch. Cringeworthy - as with just about 99.9% of the topics on here - is subjective. You think it is. I disagree. there are plenty of cringeworthy things I find about football but I'm keeping them to myself. You have the right to put that on a forum, fair do's. I'm just putting the other view across, succinctly and clearly, hopefully, and giving you some info on why the banner was present.

Are they out somewhere today campaigning against sweatshop labour, in their shiny new Nike trainers aswell..?! No, probably not, but then you aren't either, yet you seem a rational and educated person and you too probably feel sweat-shop labour should stop. Just because you don't hold a banner or don't stand on the streets to protest doesn't me doesn't mean you feel something about that issue. I didn't go on the Stop The War march, but I think I was against it. 

The banner was raised at the start of the game to maximise effect, as were previous ones about the Ashton 8, Safe Standing and other issues. It is one of the most logical and logistically easy moments to do so, if not your preferred one. May I hazard a guess you didn't object to, say, the Ashton 8 banner being held at k-o? Once you know there is no intention to upset Steve Lansdown, as there wasn't, I fail to see why holding it up then is a bad time.

Overall, we have two views here yours and mine. Neither are correct, neither are incorrect. Some of us are fed up with football becoming obsessively more and more about money and displayed a simple banner to denote this. But if you don't agree with us, that's fine. We weren't aiming to upset you. 

You are equally entitled to label something cringeworthy, of course. This is like discussing someone's clothes, hairstyle or musical taste - one person's top stuff is someone else's naffness. Again each to their own. I don't take what you say personally, we'll just agree to wassname. Disagree, that's it.

You Reds!

1 hour ago, stogursey red said:

Happy to receive your feedback Stogursey. But I would like to come back on a couple of the points you raise. 

First point, Section 82 are not 30-35% of the stand. The actual group of fans involved in trying to get flags and colour into the ground number approx 12. What we are trying to do though is create a sense of purpose or belonging to the area by giving it a name. We've moved from the east end and all the negativity that seemed to breed amongst others. The Parkenders were in situ before. But we wanted a new identity and a new start. Wanted to brush away all that negativity that was bubbling under amongst some of our fellow fans. Believe me, we have the best of intentions. Yes, there was the incident last season with the rude word toward the dolman, but as much as that was a minority, it was wrong and I myself have actively encouraged people to ensure this ditty is reserved for the away fans. We are trying. We are just 12 guys who are organising stuff and coined the S82 name but it's not all about us, it's about everyone. we want S82 to become a collective.  The support and noise that come from the 1000 or so others in the stand is great.  We just hope some more join in with the flags. 

Secondly, I don't particularly enjoy the reference to 'superfans' that you have used. This is tired and boring. None of us who coordinate the displays think ourselves as superfans. We are exactly the same as you and the 18,000 others. We are just choosing to support in the way we want to. We are simply trying to bring colour, vibrancy, atmosphere and a sense of belonging to the area. We do not dislike any supporters in any other stands, and do not think we are superior. Hope that makes sense to you. 

Thirdly, you have mentioned that we tuck ourselves in the corner and are not 'inclusive'. Again, I'm not accepting this. When we first started following the move to the atyeo last season, the club wanted us to only fly the flags in the corner block. So this is a club decision, not ours. We later got permission to expand this, and we have actively encouraged fans to pick up a flag and wave it. I've even gone up and down the stand handing them out. Two problems occurred with this. 1) other fans complained about flags being waved in front of them, and 2) a number of flags were stolen - a few hundred pounds worth in fact. 

So we have tried to spread out and be inclusive but it's an uphill battle sometimes. 

We will persevere though. And we sincerely hope as many people as possible join in. 

To clarify the earlier point though. Superfans we are not. We're the same as everyone else. And ANYONE is welcome to join us in what we do. 

We'd like to say at this point that we really really appreciate the support we get from many other fans and hugely appreciate the continued excellent sticker sales which help to fund everything. Many clubs do what we do. You see displays and flags all over the country now. But we are 100% fan-funded. Many others are club-funded. So we massively appreciate the support you guys give. We have some cash in the S82 bank account and will be funding some more displays this year - with some particular grandiose plans if we can pull it off. 

12 minutes ago, stogursey red said:

No flags have ever been put out in the part of the stand i usually stand in, don't think I have ever seen flags in the block nearest the away fans,

Hopefully you read my other post but basically we've not been allowed to. Club decision. 

16 minutes ago, stogursey red said:

They were one game... (Shef Wed at home last season) and were not returned by the people sat there - hundreds of £'s missing.

Now, the club say they cannot go there.

2 minutes ago, Harry said:

Hopefully you read my other post but basically we've not been allowed to. Club decision. 

See that now, didn't know that,

Please don't think I am having a go, maybe you just need something simple like a twitter page to let people know what u are up to, make everyone feel more part of things,

Don't want it to end up like the east end with two groups of fans standing at different ends and really not liking each other

4 minutes ago, stogursey red said:

Please don't think I am having a go, maybe you just need something simple like a twitter page to let people know what u are up to, make everyone feel more part of things,

Don't want it to end up like the east end with two groups of fans standing at different ends and really not liking each other

@Section82bcfc my friend 

6 minutes ago, stogursey red said:

No worries mate. 

Twitter page has been in existence for over a year. @section82bcfc

38 minutes ago, stogursey red said:

I would guess you are nearer the away fans SR?I am towards the back of the Atyeo,a distance away from where S82 congregate,and flags are placed at this end of the stand.Also as I have said previously, S82 have actively encouraged fans to pick up a flag to take with them to their preferred part of the Atyeo.Looking forward to your future efforts Harry,and thanks to you and your mucker's efforts over the last couple of seasons.Your initiative may not be appreciated by all,but it is appreciated by many.Keep up the good work mate.

Archived