IGNORED

Section 82

David Brent

9 hours ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Not much evidence of increased away capacity needed, those pushing that argument previously suggested Derby would be one of the clubs to sell out and require more than the 2,700 allocated.....

A few times a season isn't reason enough to give over the whole Atyeo every week and have 2,000+ empty seats there for the vast majority of matches.

I believe that Section 82 would be better off in the family corner of the SS. In that corner there is already a bar area which could have been a fan led initiative, selling memorabilia, flags etc. This move would also have the benefit of improving the atmosphere for the rest of the SS.

The family area should have moved to the lower dolman, or the edges of the lower Lansdown stand, I really think they have missed a trick with this.

Makes me laugh all this section 82 atmosphere rubbish, yesterday there was no atmosphere at all and all the talk on here is about a banner which people on other sites are mocking because ther letters looked crap!

Give the Atyeo to the away fans so the club can generate some more income when the bigger clubs come to town.

Forget the S82 them against the rest nonsense.

This thread was started because of one banner.

A banner held like that in our home ground in a match not televised has no effect on the wider football community.

The only people to have seen it will be fellow City fans, the players and the board.  If people want to make a point against the wider football hierarchy then pick the time to make it actually bloody mean something.

6 minutes ago, RumRed said:

A banner held like that in our home ground in a match not televised has no effect on the wider football community.

The only people to have seen it will be fellow City fans, the players and the board.  If people want to make a point against the wider football hierarchy then pick the time to make it actually bloody mean something.

Its all over the internet on football sites, most people taking the Psss about the crap lettering 

7 minutes ago, Between heaven and hell said:

Makes me laugh all this section 82 atmosphere rubbish, yesterday there was no atmosphere at all and all the talk on here is about a banner which people on other sites are mocking because ther letters looked crap!

Give the Atyeo to the away fans so the club can generate some more income when the bigger clubs come to town.

Daft ! Why would you give the so called 'bigger clubs' the advantage of more support when it is not necessary ?

The extra income from the three or four clubs that might fill it is negligable.

14 hours ago, Libertine1 said:

Saw some photos from the Derby game, looks great. Good work. Forgive my ignorance though but what's the story behind the "fans not customers" banner? Is it in relation to a specific event I might have missed?

IMG_6674.JPG

Will they have another banner for when the club turf them out of the Atyeo??..

9 minutes ago, Robert the bruce said:

What do you mean by them? Good to know our fellow fans want us chucked out the Atyeo for no good reason.

Can you imagine the abuse that someone with a ST in the atyeo would get on here if they said everyone who didnt stand and sing should be turfed out the Dolman :facepalm:

Some posts on here tonight are frankly incredible

6 minutes ago, Robin 101 said:

What do you mean by them? Good to know our fellow fans want us chucked out the Atyeo for no good reason.

Can you imagine the abuse that someone with a ST in the atyeo would get on here if they said everyone who didnt stand and sing should be turfed out the Dolman :facepalm:

Exactly, no idea why there's quite obviously an underlying dislike from some fans. There'd be near silence at AG without that Atyeo corner. There's so many on here who take a swipe at any opportunity for no good reason.

I hope if it comes to it and the club move the Atyeo fans they provide a good solution. Such a shame the SS hasn't become the EE replacement. It's an ugly stand but does generate good noise.

I still live in hope that one day the club will redo the Atyeo and make it a big single tiered safe standing bank for our home end..

3 hours ago, EnclosureSurge said:

Mate, I'm all for a lot/most of the "against modern football" campaign and agree with all the issues you mention there. 

I would say that Saturday's banner didn't mention that campaign/carry it's logo, or actually mention any of the points that you just have. 

The A8 banner was a celebration and clear in its topic. 

If my first reaction was "I hope SL doesn't take that as a dig" then I'm sure others may have seen it as it could be. 

Like you say, 2 different view points. Neither wrong or right. Just different opinions. Not the first and I'm sure it won't be the last. 

8 minutes ago, spudski said:

Just to clarify...can someone tell me what they actually dislike about 'Modern football'?

Not being pedantic or funny...just interested.

Without wanting to speak for others, I'd say it was the price/money involved. The overriding say on Sky on fixtures, kick off times/dates. 

The dilution of atmosphere due to no safe standing option. 

The TV supporters. 

Other than that, I think most changes are for the better. 

12 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

Some People like to use the "customer" dig at football clubs when it suits their agenda, yet I'm sure they are the first ones to also spout the old "we pay your wages" line when that better suits their latest bandwagon bitchfest. 

Cardiff, Blackburn, Blackpool, Charlton fans - they have cause for complaint and feeling aggrieved. Some of our "fans" don't know how good they've got it. 

first post I have liked, where I have not laughed loud at

36 minutes ago, spudski said:

Just to clarify...can someone tell me what they actually dislike about 'Modern football'?

Not being pedantic or funny...just interested.

Never been a massive fan of the against modern football slogan. Theres things about football today which are huge improvements ie. Hooliganism 

However in general the sentiment is in my opinion in regard to Atmosphere, Pricing, TV having no regard for fans, Rediculous wages and transfer fees leading to players being out of touch and lacking motivation as a result.

(Just speaking for myself and what I dislike about "modern football" may be completely different to the he majority)

11 hours ago, BarnzFM said:

I actually like modern football.

One thing I appreciate about modern football, (although it does have many downsides), is that it is no longer plagued by that sub-species of humans called skinheads, who throughout the seventies & eighties used to cause fear and dread to decent fans, and who ruined the atmosphere of virtually every game, and certainly put me off going to any match for nearly twenty years with their moronic and extremely violent behaviour. It took me a long time to trust that times had changed and that it was safe to go to a match again. I'm so grateful that those days have passed, and pray that they never ever return.

8 hours ago, RumRed said:

Not quite true it has had quite a bit of interest & retweets across the footballing & other fan groups twitter accounts 

9 hours ago, screech said:

I believe that Section 82 would be better off in the family corner of the SS. In that corner there is already a bar area which could have been a fan led initiative, selling memorabilia, flags etc. This move would also have the benefit of improving the atmosphere for the rest of the SS.

The family area should have moved to the lower dolman, or the edges of the lower Lansdown stand, I really think they have missed a trick with this.

I don't think families would appreciate getting soaked through every week in the lower Dolman!

11 hours ago, Robert the bruce said:

10 hours ago, Robin 101 said:

'them' was a poor choice,and lazy..and I'm not 'down' on other City fans-what I think is its only a matter of time before the Atyeo is used for away 'customers' only,and that's the way it should have been set up from day 1 post refurb..my idea of humour is not to everyone's taste so apologies to those offended.COYR!..

2 minutes ago, Griffin said:

Genuine question as I can't think of any off of the top of my head.. What grounds give a whole stand to away fans every game?

Loads in the lower leagues. 

If you are talking Championship & above, then I think it's these...

Burton, Huddersfield, Barnsley, Brentford, Reading, Sheff Weds, Rotherham, Wigan. 

Then the likes of QPR, Preston, Blackburn, Brighton do when it's needed. 

The whole 'Against Modern football' ideology is pretty futile imo.

Money is the biggest influence in Football and how it has changed over the years.

That money mainly comes from the likes of Sky and BT sport.

There are more 'football fans' that pay into those subscriptions and only watch football on TV, than there are that actually step foot into a Stadium. I read this somewhere a while back. You are not going to get rid of that...ever...so what's the point in complaining about it?

So many lads actually play football on a Saturday, and want to watch all the games and football programmes that come with those subscriptions.

Do those fans that are 'Against Modern football' also buy into those Sky and BT subscriptions as well?

Then you have all the extra costs for Policing and Stewarding, and Clubs having to conform with regulations put in place, because of the actions of certain 'fans' mainly in the past and sometimes present.

You've only got to look at the shambles of the West Ham fans recently to see how ridiculous the whole situation has become.

The only way you are going to get what a lot of 'Against Modern Football' fans want, is by going to Non league games.

Just my opinion...I'm sure some will disagree.

2 minutes ago, spudski said:

The whole 'Against Modern football' ideology is pretty futile imo.

Money is the biggest influence in Football and how it has changed over the years.

That money mainly comes from the likes of Sky and BT sport.

There are more 'football fans' that pay into those subscriptions and only watch football on TV, than there are that actually step foot into a Stadium. I read this somewhere a while back. You are not going to get rid of that...ever...so what's the point in complaining about it?

So many lads actually play football on a Saturday, and want to watch all the games and football programmes that come with those subscriptions.

Do those fans that are 'Against Modern football' also buy into those Sky and BT subscriptions as well?

Then you have all the extra costs for Policing and Stewarding, and Clubs having to conform with regulations put in place, because of the actions of certain 'fans' mainly in the past and sometimes present.

You've only got to look at the shambles of the West Ham fans recently to see how ridiculous the whole situation has become.

The only way you are going to get what a lot of 'Against Modern Football' fans want, is by going to Non league games.

Just my opinion...I'm sure some will disagree.

I agree with most of that, except just because TV coverage and money won't change (and are the main contributor to "modern football" it doesn't mean fans shouldn't keep a clear message out there to not tinker with things too much. 

I 100% agree that it's no good anyone with a Sky sports subscription moaning about the modern ways. It's them funding them. 

I've not had a Sky sports subscription now for about 6 years because it felt wrong with how I felt about TV & it's money running the sport. 

I actually think that 1 offer they could do to "pack the gate" would be to offer anyone with a Sky sports subscription a free ticket to a match. 

Get them off the sofa, into a stadium and hope that it makes them realise what they are missing and come back now and again. 

In reality, those people would probably just sit there moaning that Mark Little hasn't got the touch of Lionel Messi and that they can freeze the game when they want to go and have a piss!  

Archived