IGNORED

Gate figure v Hull ?

cidered abroad

38 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I spoke to someone at the club last week and they said it was well past 10k

10k? Deary me, that doesn't sound promising. £12 a pop for this, decent-ish but beatable opposition, advanced stage of the competition....I was hoping for something around 18k at least. We sold out 15k for West Brom at a tenner each last season so I don't think that's unreasonable.

Might have been an idea for the club to have given any non-STHs attending first dibs for QF tickets should we get there (STH get to claim their seat of course).

58 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

10k? Deary me, that doesn't sound promising. £12 a pop for this, decent-ish but beatable opposition, advanced stage of the competition....I was hoping for something around 18k at least. We sold out 15k for West Brom at a tenner each last season so I don't think that's unreasonable.

Might have been an idea for the club to have given any non-STHs attending first dibs for QF tickets should we get there (STH get to claim their seat of course).

In fairness he did say a number, but I didn't hear him clearly, it was something like "well over 10k, something like x thousand" where X was 12 or 13.  Didn't want to misquote him.

53 minutes ago, Scare_Man said:

I've got 7 tickets - taking my girl for his first proper game (Pompey friendly didn't count) along with 2 other dads and their kids

Are you sure that he/she is your girl..? You should have worked out their sex by now. 

9 hours ago, cynic said:

I would think it would be around that figure, but I'd go a tad lower at 12k.

Which would be a decent attendance imo.

9 hours ago, harrys said:

There were one or two in a earlier post predicting 20,000 plus !!

Last season we got 15k, a sell out at the time, for West Brom in the third round of the FA Cup on a Tuesday night (tickets £10).

This is a much later stage of another cup competition, tickets only £12, so on that basis I would say we should be looking at 15k as a minimum in my opinion, even allowing for a smaller away following.

Really don't understand the ambivalence from some towards this game, it's been years since we ever got anywhere near the sharp end of a cup competition!

58 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Last season we got 15k, a sell out at the time, for West Brom in the third round of the FA Cup on a Tuesday night (tickets £10).

This is a much later stage of another cup competition, tickets only £12, so on that basis I would say we should be looking at 15k as a minimum in my opinion, even allowing for a smaller away following.

Really don't understand the ambivalence from some towards this game, it's been years since we ever got anywhere near the sharp end of a cup competition!

If it was the FA cup I think it would be 20,000 plus, the league cup, or whatever it's called these days does not have the same appeal 

Archived